Kodi Community Forum
Bugs and Suggestions - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: MediaStream (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=69)
+----- Thread: Bugs and Suggestions (/showthread.php?tid=35702)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35

- craze7 - 2008-08-15

For some reason when im using this skin i cant skip/jog while watching an avi file, it just keeps bringing up the info panel at the bottom. This problem does not happen when playing rmvb of mkv files!!!!

Switching to a different skin solves this!!!

Also, using the newest t3ch release.

- pete321 - 2008-08-15

timdog82001 Wrote:the trailers thing is an xbmc suggestion, not skin related. It could probably be done with a script too, but i don't think you'll find many willing to work on such a script or features since you can already watch trailers by going to the movie information screen, found in the context menu when you have a movie highlighted (only available in library). As for background music, do you mean a playlist or partymode or something that automatically starts when then skin starts? A skin option would be very easy to add, but i dont know what the team thinks of it. After suicide-level schoolwork, both my computers dying for a few months, a wicked, endless case of the flu, and life taking some wild turns, i've really not even been a part of the team for teh past 6 months probably so i don't really know what their thoughts are. Still hoping things will shape up for me though and i can contribute something more Sad

Also, guys, there's a pretty ugly typo on the team section of the homepage. might want to check it out

Yah, just a way to have it play an mp3 of your choice or a random mp3 upon startup, that would be nice.

As for the trailers, is there anything in particular you have to do to get it to work right? I see it in the movie information but it's blacked out but I know that movie has a has a trailer because I've seen it in the apple script, from that script I've also installed a plugin for apple trailers but I have no idea what it did.

Also maybe a bug? when I hit thumbs from movie information it says please wait then it just freezes, happens pretty consistently.

thanks for any help.

- michal - 2008-08-16

Not sure if this bug has been mentioned yet or not but on case sensitive systems MediaStream/sounds/Sounds.xml fails to load and needs to be renamed sounds.xml.

- willers.nail - 2008-08-16

First off fantastic skin love it, Thank you. Big Grin

Bugs:
I too am noticing using mediastream 0.85 set on 720p for GUI on xbox that alot of the Tv Shows dont play and can crash mediastream with please wait in the corner. Tested same TV shows they work fine on PM3. Also notice that thumbnails and fanart seem to disappear after changing view type think it works better if you back out after changing and go back in.

Thanks

- timdog82001 - 2008-08-16

pete321 Wrote:Yah, just a way to have it play an mp3 of your choice or a random mp3 upon startup, that would be nice.

As for the trailers, is there anything in particular you have to do to get it to work right? I see it in the movie information but it's blacked out but I know that movie has a has a trailer because I've seen it in the apple script, from that script I've also installed a plugin for apple trailers but I have no idea what it did.

You mean and just have that single song loop? Or just play through once? Well if a startup playlist feature was added like the one in pm3 right now i guess you could technically do either one, or a full playlist of songs of course. As a workaround, for the time being you could replace the startup.wav in the sounds folder with the song you'd like to play and it will always play when xbmc loads, no repeat though.

About the trailers, they aren't grabbed from apple (no way to be sure about matching the movies up right), they're actually grabbed from IMDB. If its blacked out, it probably means imdb doesn't have a trailer for that movie. You can, however, add your own trailers by putting it in the same folder as the movie and naming it moviename-trailer.avi and when you update the library it should pick up on it

- skunkm0nkee - 2008-08-16

craze7 Wrote:For some reason when im using this skin i cant skip/jog while watching an avi file, it just keeps bringing up the info panel at the bottom. This problem does not happen when playing rmvb of mkv files!!!!

Switching to a different skin solves this!!!

Also, using the newest t3ch release.

I tested it when it was mentioned originally but couldn't replicate the problem but last night I had it happen on a couple of videos. Because it seems to happen internittently then my suspicion is that is probably memory related. Will do some more work to try and cut down memory use on the xbox.

michal Wrote:Not sure if this bug has been mentioned yet or not but on case sensitive systems MediaStream/sounds/Sounds.xml fails to load and needs to be renamed sounds.xml.

Thanks for spotting that, has been updated for the next release.

willers.nail Wrote:I too am noticing using mediastream 0.85 set on 720p for GUI on xbox that alot of the Tv Shows dont play and can crash mediastream with please wait in the corner. Tested same TV shows they work fine on PM3. Also notice that thumbnails and fanart seem to disappear after changing view type think it works better if you back out after changing and go back in.

This also sounds more like a memory issue.

- timdog82001 - 2008-08-16

I actually just noticed today when i told the movie library to update, it said "downloading tv show information" rather than movie. Also...it didn't disappear during full screen music visualizations as i think is the general rule of thumb for those. Also, when i activated partymode and went to full screen viz, when the info panel was open, it would say "party mode in the middle of the the screen amidst all the visualization stuff rather than on the panel as i assume was the intent.

Granted, all of this was on an SD tv with the xbox, but i don't think that would make a different with respect to any of the problems mentioned.

- dynamix - 2008-08-16

First of all a big thanks to Team Razorfish for this stunning skin! It was really worth waiting for Wink

I was hoping for a skin using a lot of animation, because it makes the use of it much more intense. U guys really worked that out fine.

I really like the new fixes and updates in the 0.85 release, though i wanted to suggest something:

With the menublade placed to the left side of the skin (which is very good), it would be cleaner to have the "clock", "weather" and "now playing" info at the right side of the screen. Is that an option?

Further i wanted to report a tiny bug in the favorites submenu: the option for deleting a favorite gives me no text, see screenshot.

I'm on de oldskool Xbox, using the latest T3CH and MediaStream 0.85

- tsint - 2008-08-16

I must first say that i really like MediaStream and actually think it can replace PM3 in the future Smile

However, there is one thing that bothers me (as with all other new cool skins). Browsing mp3 albums is a nightmare, especially if you have hundreds of albums in a directory with the real release scene directory names. The browse window occupies just a small piece of the screen while the album cover is way to big (in my opinion). Very few, if any of my albums has covers.

So, is it just me that thinks it would be good with a new(?) view that makes it a bit easier to browse mp3 albums by directory names and not album covers? Smile

- MikeBeecham - 2008-08-16

tsint...dont worry, I have already designed new albums views for both large and small icons which, hopefully, will be coded up soon.

memory issues - mcfreiz - 2008-08-16

great job on this skin, loving it but i think i'm running into memory issues. random dvd iso's dont play / lock up the xbox. i tried turning off movie fanart and lowered thumb size to 384 but im still getting lockups. anything simple i can disable to free up memory?

- pete321 - 2008-08-17

This may be more of an XBMC issue than for this particular skin but is it possible to have access to a user defined filter within the Library mode, for instance if I want to isolate all 007 movies or Al Pacino movies etc, it would make it easier to find things when you have a large collection.

- jmarshall - 2008-08-17

Use a smartplaylist.

- skunkm0nkee - 2008-08-17

dynamix Wrote:Further i wanted to report a tiny bug in the favorites submenu: the option for deleting a favorite gives me no text, see screenshot.

This is an issue with the strings in XBMC itself (not the skin) and from the looks of things has already been fixed in the XBMC SVN so should be working again when the next T3CH release hits the streets.

- Hitcher - 2008-08-17

skunkm0nkee Wrote:This is an issue with the strings in XBMC itself (not the skin) and from the looks of things has already been fixed in the XBMC SVN so should be working again when the next T3CH release hits the streets.

Is that tonight along with the next Mediastream?