Kodi Community Forum
Bugs and Suggestions - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: MediaStream (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=69)
+----- Thread: Bugs and Suggestions (/showthread.php?tid=35702)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35

- psike - 2008-09-08

skunkm0nkee Wrote:Aha, now I think I get it!

You want to have it cycle through images from a folder on the home screen but within the movies views you don't want to see them (you want it to use the default folder when there is no fanart). Is that right?

I don't think it's a good idea to use the default background as the fanart as that will be a separate image and will just use up more memory. A better way around it would be to add a different option (like the one that says use custom backgrounds on home) which allows you to specify whether or not you want to use custom backgrounds on movie views.

Does that make sense?

yes exactly , that's it.
so will it be possible, please?

- skunkm0nkee - 2008-09-08

psike Wrote:yes exactly , that's it.
so will it be possible, please?

Yep, should be. Not sure when but it should get added soon enough

- psike - 2008-09-08

skunkm0nkee Wrote:Yep, should be. Not sure when but it should get added soon enough

Thank you Smile

- Killi - 2008-09-09

Currently, the sorting option is global for all videos, but the best sorting method for TV Shows is not available.

For example, for TV shows, the best option would be by episode. but the only options are name, date, file and size.

a seperate sort for tv shows that has episode number would be ideal, i beleive PMIII has this.

lastly, in the episode section of TV shows, instead of it saying "episode 16" it says "16 episodes" for an individual tv show episode of the series

- ShortySco - 2008-09-09

Sounds like you are using the wrong viewtype.

If you choose the 'Episodes' viewtype, then you get the chiose to sort by episode number, and it will show airdate rather than number of episodes.

Shorty

- Killi - 2008-09-09

man i thought i exhausted all options to find that, now i know what you mean. bleh, what a waste of space typing that, lol

- dteirney - 2008-09-09

skunkm0nkee Wrote:Did a bit of testing after the v0.90 release and I think we may have cracked this issue, can you have a check on the latest version and confirm it's now fixed?

Thanks

Unfortunately it's still not working as expected. It looks like the issue might be related to the myth:// protocol Recordings directory we use frequently.

Within the myth:// Recordings directory, if I stop playing a recorded video it returns the selection to the top of the list. Doh!

However, the selection behavior appears to work as expected for a "real" directory of normal videos on disk. When a normal video is stopped it remains selected in the list.

I've also noticed that if I
  1. Navigate to a recorded video in the list using the down arrow
  2. Press the Back button on the Xbox remote
  3. Go back into the Recordings directory
the previously selected video in the list remains selected. So it appears that the selection somehow gets reset to the top of the list when the recorded video is either played or stopped.

The selected recorded video didn't revert to the top of the list in the myth:// Recordings directory with the Aeon skin, so it still seems like something bizarre is going on.

Thanks for looking into this issue. I can provide a debug log if you think that will help.

Cheers,
David

- Hitcher - 2008-09-09

Just notcied that the bottom of the Settings panel is cut short.

- Waffa - 2008-09-09

Adding fanart with movie works great, I'm adding them one by one and that takes a lot of time. Is there a faster way ?

- Hitcher - 2008-09-09

Yes -

moviename.avi
moviename-fanart.jpg

- ShortySco - 2008-09-09

And further to that, check out XBMC media Companion (In the announcements forum) which will automate the process somewhat.

Shorty

- Waffa - 2008-09-09

Thanks and checking out XBMC media Companion now......
This is usefull Thanks again.

- psike - 2008-09-09

ShortySco Wrote:And further to that, check out XBMC media Companion (In the announcements forum) which will automate the process somewhat.

Shorty

I think that the fanart site from which XBMC media Companion downloading from is down, so maybe it won't work for now.

- User 35611 - 2008-09-10

My suggestion would be make it so if you press left when you're at the top menu it pops out your favorites!

Either that or perhaps I'm missing an easy way to get to the Favorites like the button in PM3?

I rely heavily on it, to jump straight to the few things I want 99% of the time, rather than delving through layers of menus.

It's my #1 problem with this skin and why, for now, I'm sticking with PM3.

- skunkm0nkee - 2008-09-10

hastarin Wrote:My suggestion would be make it so if you press left when you're at the top menu it pops out your favorites!

Either that or perhaps I'm missing an easy way to get to the Favorites like the button in PM3?

I rely heavily on it, to jump straight to the few things I want 99% of the time, rather than delving through layers of menus.

It's my #1 problem with this skin and why, for now, I'm sticking with PM3.

Pressing left is already use to show/hide music now playing details.

You can get to the favourites from the System menu or you could always update your keymap.xml and map one of your buttons/keys to show the favourites and that could be setup to work on all screens.