Kodi Community Forum
Bugs and Suggestions - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: MediaStream (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=69)
+----- Thread: Bugs and Suggestions (/showthread.php?tid=35702)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35

- ltmon - 2008-08-13

First up: great first release and even better on the update.

My question/suggestion:

Is fanart meant to appear upon hover when viewing TV shows (in any view mode). I have fan art that works fine once I select a show to view it's seasons, but on hovering the show title it doesn't show. The preview for the "wide" (with Dexter in the background) indicates that it should do.

It would be good if it did, as it's more consistent with the movies which does this.

Thanks,

L.

- Hitcher - 2008-08-13

ltmon Wrote:First up: great first release and even better on the update.

My question/suggestion:

Is fanart meant to appear upon hover when viewing TV shows (in any view mode). I have fan art that works fine once I select a show to view it's seasons, but on hovering the show title it doesn't show. The preview for the "wide" (with Dexter in the background) indicates that it should do.

It would be good if it did, as it's more consistent with the movies which does this.

I was thinking the same thing - it would definitely look better if fanart was used in the main TV Show menu.

- Redrum - 2008-08-13

I didn't try the update yet, but I didn'see this in the change list so i think it's better to report it: in the skin options you can set to have season thumbs for tv shows in the back of the episode list. It's off by default, but I think it looks great.

The problem is that if you set to flatten tv shows with only one season the thumb appears blank.

I'm sorry if this was posted before. I love this skin.

- skunkm0nkee - 2008-08-13

ltmon Wrote:First up: great first release and even better on the update.

My question/suggestion:

Thanks,

L.

We *MAY* put an option to allow this but we had this in the past and found that it made the navigation of the list a bit jumpy so we took it out. I'll try it again (using largeimage control perhaps) but if it doesn't really work that well then it won't make it in.

- UND3R ACHI3V3R - 2008-08-13

UND3R ACHI3V3R Wrote:Found a bug: While trying to add a network location for videos (SMB in my case) After selecting the share it will not allow me to select the "OK" option on the bottom. I tried many different things even a reg. controller and a remote, and it's the same either way.

BTW I am using the latest XBMC build, and the newest MS build.

I know there are alot of bug reports right now. Does anyone have a solution to this?

Problem with Windows XBMC - ptipton - 2008-08-13

Great skin thanks for all the hard work. One question, I have Mediastream is working fine for me on both Xbox and Linux XBMC but just downloaded the latest windows XBMC and Mediastream .85 to my laptop and Mediastream is grayed out and cant be selected. Thanks

- pike - 2008-08-13

running 0.85

seems like there's no "toast" dialogs in MediaStream still ?
EventServer uses this way to communicate with user when I enable my PS3 sixaxis controller

- crni - 2008-08-13

IMO blade should be on the far right so that transparency would fade into background image and sub blade menus should truncate whole thing to the left when opened... right now blade 'cuts' trough the screen which makes little sense to me... just my 5c

- KidKiwi - 2008-08-13

crni Wrote:IMO blade should be on the far right so that transparency would fade into background image and sub blade menus should truncate whole thing to the left when opened... right now blade 'cuts' trough the screen which makes little sense to me... just my 5c

I already suggested this. Thought it looked better that way too.

If we did that then the sub-blades would either have to open up on the left of the main menu, coming out of the area where you've blended it into the background, which could look pretty bizarre. Alternatvely the sub-blade would still come out on the right of the main menu but this would force the main menu back towards the middle of the screen.

One of the primary reasons for having the menu on the blade is that the blade sits on top of the background so having it blend into the background runs against one of the core concepts behind the design.

Personally I'm not sold on the idea (as you may already have guessed) but if someone comes up with a blinding way of having the blade on the right then you never know.

- MikeBeecham - 2008-08-13

I'm not sold on it either, I'm afraid. One of the other things that I felt, is that this skin should not be 100% customiseable to the user. All things are possible, but not all things are beneficial in my opinion.

If we end up creating a skin to match everyone's tastes then we would have an entire mess of a skin, and one that is HUGE in size to accomodate everyones' wants and desires. At some stage we have to say no...not just because it becomes to cumbersome, but also because we dont want anything in the skin that would detriment the work and vision we poured into it.

Sorry, but there are some things asked for that you just wont see in there!

NEXT!

- jmarshall - 2008-08-13

I would have even left the homepage as-is. Am glad you left the option to keep it in the center (where it looks miles better IMO). On the left it feels too unbalanced for my liking.

- mrz - 2008-08-13

Amazing skin, thanks a 100000-ion!

Two small things in 0.85.
1. CAPS does not handle Swedish "dotted" characters. I changed in the language file and the CAP variants are supported by the font so it has to be some UCase() function. (å=>Å, ä=>Ä, ö=>Ö)
2. I was testing the skin early this morning and noticed that the clock foreground represents 01:00 am as 1:00 while the blue shaddow uses 01:00. This creates a funny double vision effect.

Thanks again,

Matz

UND3R ACHI3V3R Wrote:I know there are alot of bug reports right now. Does anyone have a solution to this?

Sorry, not ignoring you - I thought VDRFan already answered this?

mrz Wrote:1. CAPS does not handle Swedish "dotted" characters. I changed in the language file and the CAP variants are supported by the font so it has to be some UCase() function. (å=>Å, ä=>Ä, ö=>Ö)

Yep I think it's an issue with XBMC but if you can tell me exactly where the problems are occuring I may be able to implement a workaround.

mrz Wrote:2. I was testing the skin early this morning and noticed that the clock foreground represents 01:00 am as 1:00 while the blue shaddow uses 01:00. This creates a funny double vision effect.

I've added this to the our bug tracker as there seems to be issues with certain time formats when hours are single digit