Kodi Community Forum
Showcase in 'Adult' and 'Clips'? - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon MQ (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: Showcase in 'Adult' and 'Clips'? (/showthread.php?tid=35708)

Showcase in 'Adult' and 'Clips'? - xbmc.01 - 2008-08-09

Is it possible to add a showcase view for clips and adult?

Huh

- xbmc.01 - 2008-08-10

wow, srsly?

not even a 'RTFM' response?

I searched on google, looked through the forums, wasn't part of early Aeon discussions, i need a bit of direction ...

would really like if if someone threw me a fken bone Sad

- Freddo - 2008-08-10

Are you on Xbox? If so plug in a game pad, goto adult or clips, click in the right stick and select the view types menu, where you should be able to select/deselect various views.

on PC u can just press "s" to get the same menu, and if your on xbox but don't have a game pad handy... I think you're doomed Huh

- Freddo - 2008-08-10

oh, for an edit button,

anyway, sorry I just checked this and actually it's a no-go, Showcase view just isn't available in clips or adult. Best post a feature request although I doubt you'll be the first.

- xbmc.01 - 2008-08-10

Freddo Wrote:oh, for an edit button,

anyway, sorry I just checked this and actually it's a no-go, Showcase view just isn't available in clips or adult. Best post a feature request although I doubt you'll be the first.

thanks for taking the time to respond

- chrislee149 - 2008-08-11

I think essentially what you want is showcase view for files (as opposed to library)?

- K-FleX - 2008-08-23

I think I figured out a way for you to get this, it works fine for me but it only works under file mode obviously (because the once you switch to library it's all the same) This just turns the Adult section into another Movies section but with a link to the adult path that you set in the options.

I use this to have MOVIES (my DivX files) and HIGH DEF (my MKV files) linked straight from the home screen and can have different views in both (DivX = wall and MKV = Showcase) Haven't encountered any problems thus far

I opened up the homescrollers.xml file with wordpad and changed

Code:
<item id="12">
                <description>My Videos</description>
                <label>ADULT</label>
                <onclick>Skin.SetBool(videoadult)</onclick>
                <onclick>Skin.Reset(videomovies)</onclick>
                <onclick>Skin.Reset(videoclips)</onclick>
                <onclick>Skin.Reset(videomusic)</onclick>
                <onclick>Skin.Reset(videotv)</onclick>
                <onclick>XBMC.ActivateWindow(MyVideoFiles,$INFO[Skin.String(adultpath)])</onclick>
                <visible>Skin.HasSetting(adult)</visible>
            </item>

to

Code:
<item id="12">
                <label>HIGH DEF</label>
                <onclick>Skin.SetBool(videomovies)</onclick>
                <onclick>Skin.Reset(videoadult)</onclick>
                <onclick>Skin.Reset(gametrailers)</onclick>
                <onclick>Skin.Reset(movietrailers)</onclick>
<onclick>XBMC.ActivateWindow(MyVideoFiles,$INFO[Skin.String(adultpath)])</onclick>
                <visible>!Skin.HasSetting(nomovies) + !Skin.HasSetting(movielibrary)</visible>
            </item>
            <item id="12">
                <label>HIGH DEF</label>
            <onclick>XBMC.ActivateWindow(MyVideoLibrary,movietitles)</onclick>
                <visible>!Skin.HasSetting(nomovies) + Skin.HasSetting(movielibrary)</visible>
            </item>

Hope it works for you

- PJ_Hooker - 2008-08-24

Nice - I've been trying to get this to work too.

Will give it a go when i get back to my xbox.

Cheers

- xbmc.01 - 2008-08-26

K-FleX Wrote:I think I figured out a way for you to get this, it works fine for me but it only works under file mode obviously (because the once you switch to library it's all the same) This just turns the Adult section into another Movies section but with a link to the adult path that you set in the options.

I use this to have MOVIES (my DivX files) and HIGH DEF (my MKV files) linked straight from the home screen and can have different views in both (DivX = wall and MKV = Showcase) Haven't encountered any problems thus far

I opened up the homescrollers.xml file with wordpad and changed

Code:
<item id="12">
                <description>My Videos</description>
                <label>ADULT</label>
                <onclick>Skin.SetBool(videoadult)</onclick>
                <onclick>Skin.Reset(videomovies)</onclick>
                <visible>Skin.HasSetting(adult)</visible>
            </item>

to

Code:
<item id="12">
                <label>HIGH DEF</label>
                <visible>!Skin.HasSetting(nomovies) + !Skin.HasSetting(movielibrary)</visible>
            </item>
            <item id="12">
                <label>HIGH DEF</label>
            <onclick>XBMC.ActivateWindow(MyVideoLibrary,movietitles)</onclick>
                <visible>!Skin.HasSetting(nomovies) + Skin.HasSetting(movielibrary)</visible>
            </item>

Hope it works for you

thanks.. but i tried this out, didn't work for me... when i clicked on the new navigation element "HIGH DEF" ... it took me to my existing "Movies" directory... even after changing the path and restarting the xbox

Sad

- K-FleX - 2008-08-26

xbmc.01 Wrote:thanks.. but i tried this out, didn't work for me... when i clicked on the new navigation element "HIGH DEF" ... it took me to my existing "Movies" directory... even after changing the path and restarting the xbox

Sad

That's strange...I'm using XBMC PC Atlantis and the newest build (14) of Aeon. This should be pretty universal though.

Are you sure you set the "adult" path correctly in the Aeon settings?

- K-FleX - 2008-08-26

Also did you switch from "library" to "files" mode? If you are in library mode they will look exactly the same.

- PJ_Hooker - 2008-08-27

Is there a way to link the edited 'adult' share, to the adult background image folder.

I've changed the 'Adult' to 'Kids Movies' and set the adult background folder to where my Kids movie images, but this doesn't work, it simple links to the 'movies' background folder?

Any Suggestions?

- K-FleX - 2008-08-28

PJ_Hooker Wrote:Is there a way to link the edited 'adult' share, to the adult background image folder.

I've changed the 'Adult' to 'Kids Movies' and set the adult background folder to where my Kids movie images, but this doesn't work, it simple links to the 'movies' background folder?

Any Suggestions?

I don't know. I swear that's all I did and my fanart is correct - I changed my xml as above and then changed my adult folder path to point to a folder I called "HD" and I only have the one bmp file in there. I did have a problem because of an empty line in my xml file but I can't even remember the behaviour it caused - just that when I deleted the empty line it worked. Sorry I can't be more help.

I will PM you my homescrollers.xml in case that helps

- K-FleX - 2008-08-28

Oops I now see what you are talking about. I hadn't noticed that it does use the movies background fanart when you are in the folder because all my high-def movies have fanart available for them. When I added one that didn't, it displayed one of the fanart bmp's from my standard movie folder.

Sorry - I don't think there is much you can do about it unless you map fanart for every file that doesn't auto download fanart - for instance maybe you could download fanart from Seasame St or something and add it in manually for the movies that don't have it.

So Context Menu --> Get Information --> Get Fanart --> Browse...
(repeat for each file)

Not exactly automated but it is a solution.

- PJ_Hooker - 2008-08-28

Cheers for the file K-flex, but I'd much rather an automated system, looks more smooth.

Awe well, I'll have to make do with what I've gotSad unless there's someone out there who can helpHuhHuh?

awesome skin though, thought I'd never change from Xtv