Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Launcher - application launcher plugin for Linux, Mac, Windows, and Xbox - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Launcher - application launcher plugin for Linux, Mac, Windows, and Xbox (/showthread.php?tid=35739)

- arosequi - 2009-07-26

cfjrocha Wrote:Hi, im getting errors on Launcher, i install in Linux Ubuntu 9.04 ...
When the script run open a window with this message:
"Python Script Failed". special://home/plugins/programs/Launcher/default.py

Same error here. Using Launcher 1.02 instead of 1.03 seems to work for me.

- arosequi - 2009-07-26

Using Launcher 1.02 on Ubuntu 9.04 (Aeon skin), I have no way to change the "Sort By" for my programs or files. It's stuck on "Sort By: Date", which is awful when trying to find a specific game. Any advice?

P.S. I see this same behavior when using PM3.HD.

- wipmonkey - 2009-07-27

Dr Gonzo Wrote:Is it possible for Launcher to load shortcuts rather than exes?

I ask because I've made shortcuts for all my agmes to load instantly through pSX 1.3 without having to go through any menus, just double click and play, and I want to be able to load them from xbmc.

been a while since I an windows but...

try start <path to shortcut>
<application>start c:\psx\tekken3.lnk</application>

you may have problems if your files/dirs have spaces I'm not sure.

- arosequi - 2009-07-27

One more problem (I'm making a new post to not get my different issues mixed up): I can't run programs. Tongue

I've set up ZSNES and it recognizes all of my games. When I try to select a game, it doesn't run it. In the shell, it shows "sh: Syntax error: "(" expected". Any idea where I should start looking?

I've ran ZSNES by itself and had no problems, so I'm assuming it's an issue with Launcher. I'm running Launcher 1.02 on Ubuntu 9.04.

- Zootoxin - 2009-07-27

Would it be possible on Ubuntu jaunty to

Set a Firefox launcher that directly opens a specific web address (for example BBC news sport)
Then link this Launcher to XBMC?

so when I click the launcher I am taken from XBMC to BBC sport football webpage?

Thanks

- Dr Gonzo - 2009-07-28

wipmonkey Wrote:been a while since I an windows but...

try start <path to shortcut>
<application>start c:\psx\tekken3.lnk</application>

you may have problems if your files/dirs have spaces I'm not sure.

Thanks, i'll try that out.

- simphax - 2009-07-31

I actually got the Firefox launcher to work in Windows 7 :O The only thing I needed to do was to run XBMC with the Windows Basic theme Smile It works.. once. But when I then closes firefox and go back to xbmc, the second time i launch it, it is as it was before.. (the xbmc image covering firefox) Sad

- simphax - 2009-07-31

On my virtual Windows 7 installation (Parallels Desktop) the launcher works everytime! :O Also I can alt+tab as many times as i want. Is this something to do with the Graphics driver maybe? :O

- hebjor - 2009-07-31

thephantomlord Wrote:Thank you very much Leo that worked. Unfortunately it opened up a new problem. When it launches the new app (Mythfrontend) I have no sound in the app. If I launch it directly outside of XBMC I get sound. Is there any setting inside XBMC that might be putting a "Lock" on the sound card?

I have a similar problem. When I run sdlmame from X it works with sound, but when I lunch it via Launcher 1.02 (1.03 does not seem to work on Ubuntu 9.04 32bit) I don't get any sound inside the emulator. I run xbmc - 9.04.2+svn21913-jaunty1

Did someone ever find a solution to this problem?

- Halvliter - 2009-08-01

Error:

Python script failed:
special://home/plugins/programs/Launcher/default.py

Launcher 1.03

XBMC 9.04.1 r20654 (Compiled May 25 2009) running on Ubuntu 8.04.

(Linux noob in learning)

- hebjor - 2009-08-01

Halvliter Wrote:Error:

Python script failed:
special://home/plugins/programs/Launcher/default.py

Launcher 1.03

XBMC 9.04.1 r20654 (Compiled May 25 2009) running on Ubuntu 8.04.

(Linux noob in learning)

Try 1.02. I got same error with 1.03 and 1.02 seems ok.

- Halvliter - 2009-08-01

Thanks for the tip! Big Grin

- CiXel - 2009-08-01

So here's a question.
I'm using a separate instance of launcher to run a specific file from the Main menu. I can get launcher to launch from the main menu successfully where it then takes me to the launcher window with 1 entry. What I'd like to do is have that 1 entry 'auto launch' to save a step.

I've tried looking in the laucher_plugin.py file for a place I could hard code this (such as the _run_launcher section) but I can't seem to get this to trigger right away.

Would anyone have an idea how I might go about this?

- steve1977 - 2009-08-02

steve1977 Wrote:Anyone with a Mac happy to help? I read all 48 pages and unfortunately I didnt find any explanation how to get working, but at least an indication that it shoudl also be working on a mac (at least in theory)...

Nobody any experience with XBMC for OSX running this app? Or is the easy answer that it just doesnt work (yet)?

NullDC and Dolphin - GrantXP - 2009-08-03

1st post so be kind. I have been using launcher for all my emu's. N64, Snes Mega Drive etc. However they dont seem to work with Dolphin and NullDC. Can someone confirm how to get these working. I am using windows 7

Null DC simply launches the emulator and Dolphin throws an invalid arguiment error!

Thanks
G