Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Launcher - application launcher plugin for Linux, Mac, Windows, and Xbox - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Launcher - application launcher plugin for Linux, Mac, Windows, and Xbox (/showthread.php?tid=35739)

- XmemphistoX - 2010-10-11

alexpigment Wrote:I'm using XBMC Live (Linux-based), so I don't think this is applicable. Secondly, I don't have a keyboard or mouse attached to my system, and I use my XBOX360 controllers as my XBMC remotes, so I need this to be an automatic process. Otherwise, I'll have to go looking for a keyboard/mouse every time I want to jump into a game.

Pinnacle is windows only sorry. But it does change gamepad profiles based on loaded applications automatically. You wouldn't need a keyboard mouse to load a different profile.

- marjanovich - 2010-10-11

butchabay Wrote:I don't see any thumb or fanart when i'm on selected item.

Couple things to check are the image files named exactly the same way as in launchers.xml capitalization does matter

If your using this with night skin are you using the latest GIT version as he only added fanart support in that version not the one in dharma addons

so like the code for this...
is
Quote:<launcher>
<name>Lost Planet 2</name>
<application>C:\Program Files (x86)\CAPCOM\LOST PLANET 2\Launcher.exe</application>
<args></args>
<rompath></rompath>
<romext></romext>
<thumb>F:\BOXART\LP2-ICON.png</thumb>
<fanart>F:\BOXART\LP2.jpg</fanart>
<genre>Action, Third Person Shooter</genre>
<release></release>
<publisher></publisher>
<launcherplot>The larger than life action of Lost Planet 2, comes to PC! Lost Planet 2 is the sequel to Lost Planet™: Extreme Condition, the landmark third-person shooter which debuted on Xbox 360 and went on to sell over 2.3 million units worldwide after its release. Lost Planet 2 offers deeper insight into the world of E.D.N III and the uncertain fate of future mankind. Already acclaimed for its visual accomplishments from the console versions, Lost Planet 2 will define the 3D experience on the PC. Stunning environments will immerse the player in NVIDIA Vision Surround technology, and the rebalanced gameplay and streamlined control mechanics make Lost Planet 2 PC the ultimate Lost Planet experience. A decade has passed since the events of the first game, and the face of E.D.N. III has changed dramatically. Terraforming efforts have been successful and the ice has begun to melt, giving way to lush tropical jungles and harsh unforgiving deserts. Mankind has engaged in a civil war to take control of the precious Thermal Energy that powers weapons and vehicles on E.D.N. III and resulted in a separation into various factions.</launcherplot>
<wait>true</wait>
<roms>
</roms>
</launcher>

and for a rom file...

Quote: <rom>
<name>Metroid</name>
<filename>F:\GAMES\Emulation\NES\roms\Metroid.nes</filename>
<thumb>F:\GAMES\Emulation\NES\roms\Metroid.png</thumb>
<fanart>F:\GAMES\Emulation\NES\roms\Metroid-screenshot.png</fanart>
<genre>Action, Adventure</genre>
<release></release>
<publisher></publisher>
<gameplot>Set on the planet Zebes, the story follows Samus Aran as she attempts to retrieve Metroid creatures that were stolen by Space Pirates, who plan to replicate the Metroids by exposing them to beta rays and then use them as biological weapons to destroy Samus and all who oppose them. The game's style, focusing on exploration and searching for power-ups used to reach previously inaccessible areas, influenced other video games, and the varied endings for fast completion times made it a popular game for speedrunning. Metroid was lauded for being one of the first video games to feature a woman, Samus Aran, as the protagonist. Nintendo Power ranked Metroid 11th on their list of the best video games made on a Nintendo video game console. On Top 100 Games lists, Metroid was ranked 7th by Game Informer and 69th by Electronic Gaming Monthly.</gameplot>
</rom>

- alexpigment - 2010-10-12

XmemphistoX Wrote:Pinnacle is windows only sorry. But it does change gamepad profiles based on loaded applications automatically. You wouldn't need a keyboard mouse to load a different profile.

I think you may be misunderstanding my problem entirely. The XBMC keymap (which controls what buttons on your controller do what things in XBMC) causes my button presses while in an emulator (via Launcher) to also select things in the background in XBMC. So while I'm making Mario jump into a pit of molten lava, I'm also in the background telling XBMC to do god knows what else. Although it hasn't happened yet, I wouldn't be surprised if I ended my game and I had selected a different skin, added new sources, and changed my weather location to Portland, OR.

- TheSiege - 2010-10-12

ok So i am pretty much a newb to unix. How would I get an emulator to launch with this? Do I need to compile the emulator myself? or is there compiled emulators already?

- marjanovich - 2010-10-12

Depends on the emulator but most are precompiled, depends on 1) your flavor of *nix 2) the particular emulator (ie nes,snes pretty easy to find, psx2 not so much)

- TheSiege - 2010-10-12

wanna point me in the right direction, ubuntu. the version everyone installed on the Revo

- butchabay - 2010-10-12

Thanx Marianovich, then the Night Skin Version is not GIT. I will try it.

http://www.quietearth.us/linuxemu.htm

good start...

- reienno - 2010-10-12

Hello, Im new to all of this and was wondering something. Is there a way to somehow have a disc selection capability? For example: Final Fantasy 7 has 3 discs and I would like to be able to select from one thumbnail and have the choice of selecting one of the 3 discs. Im not sure if this has already been done or if its even possible. The reason im asking this is because right now the only way i know to do this is by having all the disc images listed in the same directory, and its not very appealing. If someone could please help it would be greatly appreciated

- reienno - 2010-10-12

This is what it looks like as of right now

reienno Wrote:This is what it looks like as of right now
The work around I did for this was disc 1 was in main psx iso directory, and additional discs were in a subdirectory (seeing as I was manually loading the next iso in epsxe anyways)

And wow that's really green...

- reienno - 2010-10-12

Haha! Yah I know its pretty green. I was trying to spiff up my interface i lil bit. Im actually planning on having orange accents with the font and such, but keep getting distracted with other implements of the program. lol. but neways. im not sure what ur saying exactly? by putting the other discs in a sub directory will u still be able to select them from within xbmc? or do i have to manually do it with my emulator?

reienno Wrote:Haha! Yah I know its pretty green. I was trying to spiff up my interface i lil bit. Im actually planning on having orange accents with the font and such, but keep getting distracted with other implements of the program. lol. but neways. im not sure what ur saying exactly? by putting the other discs in a sub directory will u still be able to select them from within xbmc? or do i have to manually do it with my emulator?
I still had to do manually in the emu...

- TheSiege - 2010-10-13

ok I cant find a single precompiled emulator..any help?

- filigran - 2010-10-13

TheSiege Wrote:ok I cant find a single precompiled emulator..any help?

You said you were running Ubuntu? Then use the package manager (whatever it was called, can't remember), it's somewhere on the "start menu", and search for "emulator" or "nes" or "snes" or "nintendo" or whatever you want, read about and then install one of the results that come up. Isn't that the whole point with ubuntu? To use the package manager to get precompiled packages from the ppaConfused. Mednafen is a good emulator for nes (and other systems too I bet). mupen64plus I like to play N64. snes9x for SNES. All these I'm sure are in the repos. If they aren't, google is a good way to find them. Almost all results these days for linux related material is for Ubuntu, so it shouldn't be that hard.