Kodi Community Forum
Beta Arctic Horizon 2 - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Development (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Skinning (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+---- Forum: WIP Skins (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=160)
+---- Thread: Beta Arctic Horizon 2 (/showthread.php?tid=367352)

RE: Arctic Horizon 2 - gil80 - 2022-11-27

(2022-11-27, 15:55)Mongoose18 Wrote: Anyone else with a 2019 shield pro with kodi 19.4 with AH2 skin having the issue when starting kodi your remote won't work in kodi, works fine out of kodi and with other kodi skins/builds , is there an option in the skin or in shield settings I need to change? Thankyou
I don't experience this issue. Shield is on latest build 9.1.1.
I do, however, get an occasional blank screen issue with some time getting the device to reboot.

Clearly, no one is really maintaining the Kodi Android build for optimization.

RE: Arctic Horizon 2 - gil80 - 2022-11-27

UI question.
I have a folder with nested folders for episode separation. This is not a TV Show, but MasterClass Series. How can I create a view that will utilize the folder structure just for this specific folder? (using AH2 skin)

RE: Arctic Horizon 2 - taiseer999 - 2022-11-27

(2022-11-27, 16:58)gil80 Wrote: UI question.
I have a folder with nested folders for episode separation. This is not a TV Show, but MasterClass Series. How can I create a view that will utilize the folder structure just for this specific folder? (using AH2 skin)

See if AutoWidget can sort it out

RE: Arctic Horizon 2 - Kokonutcreme - 2022-11-28

@jurialmunkey 

Not sure whether to ask here or in the Embuary Helper thread.

When creating widgets using Embuary Helper addon do you know what the text string is to change the widget label so it's not "Suggestions based on watched movie" but instead how it appears in Embuary Helper addon "Because you watched <insert name of movie>"

RE: Arctic Horizon 2 - jurialmunkey - 2022-11-28

(2022-11-28, 04:45)Kokonutcreme Wrote: @jurialmunkey 

When creating widgets using Embuary Helper addon do you know what the text string is to change the widget label so it's not "Suggestions based on watched movie" but instead how it appears in Embuary Helper addon "Because you watched <insert name of movie>"
I'm not entirely sure since I don't use that addon but most likely it is the container.plugincategory infolabel if you see it in the header for media windows.

Unfortunately kodi only makes that infolabel available inside media windows - even if you know the container ID it will be empty for a widget container.

In tmdbhelper I get around this limitation by also setting the same value to listitem.property(widget) for each item in the list. I'm not sure if Embruary helper does something similar though.

RE: Arctic Horizon 2 - hostile17 - 2022-11-28

(2022-11-28, 09:10)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2022-11-28, 04:45)Kokonutcreme Wrote: @jurialmunkey 

I'm not entirely sure since I don't use that addon but most likely it is the container.plugincategory infolabel if you see it in the header for media windows.

Unfortunately kodi only makes that infolabel available inside media windows - even if you know the container ID it will be empty for a widget container.

In tmdbhelper I get around this limitation by also setting the same value to listitem.property(widget) for each item in the list. I'm not sure if Embruary helper does something similar though.

If I have Embruary Helper and tmdbhelper can  remove the first one and not encounter any problems?

RE: Arctic Horizon 2 - Aemstel - 2022-11-28

Is it somehow possible with this skin to make a playlist or widget that sorts movies by release-date? It seems native Kodi only supports release-year, but not the actual date, YYYY-MM-DD.

RE: Arctic Horizon 2 - oo_void - 2022-11-28

After ~0.77, I'm so unstable I've had to revert back to Estuary. I'm getting crashes even after a clean reboot and no interaction with the skin after about 5 minutes, with Kodi just sitting idle. What sort of info do you need to track down the root cause?

RE: Arctic Horizon 2 - Nekromantik - 2022-11-28

i done some testing with latest nightly.
So with skin appearance settings set to blur preset no crashes but if you use cleartext or flixart it crashes on newer nighties. Even with text wrap turned off.
@jurialmunkey

Arctic Horizon 2 - jurialmunkey - 2022-11-29

Please report bugs on github and include a debug log.

RE: Arctic Horizon 2 - Kokonutcreme - 2022-11-29

(2022-11-28, 09:10)jurialmunkey Wrote: Unfortunately kodi only makes that infolabel available inside media windows - even if you know the container ID it will be empty for a widget container.

Aahhh thanks for the explanation, I'll try creating same widget using TMDB Helper and editing the label.

RE: Arctic Horizon 2 - ntilikp - 2022-11-29

@jurialmunkey 

Is there any way you could add an indication that a movie has a resume point in the fullscreen widget?

I use a smart playlist that lists in-progress movies first, sorted by last played so I can resume quickly upon startup, then unplayed movies, and it'd be nice to distinguish between the two.  

"Resume" in place of "Play" would work well if possible, imo.

edit:

Made a quick ugly mock of how the time remaining might be shown as well, if that's to your liking.  Cheers.

RE: Arctic Horizon 2 - hoopsdavis - 2022-11-29

(2022-11-29, 02:38)ntilikp Wrote: @jurialmunkey 

Is there any way you could add an indication that a movie has a resume point in the fullscreen widget?

I use a smart playlist that lists in-progress movies first, sorted by last played so I can resume quickly upon startup, then unplayed movies, and it'd be nice to distinguish between the two.  

"Resume" in place of "Play" would work well if possible, imo.

edit:

Made a quick ugly mock of how the time remaining might be shown as well, if that's to your liking.  Cheers.

I like this idea

RE: Arctic Horizon 2 - Nekromantik - 2022-11-29

anyone raised a bug already on the crashing on nightlies after 15th October?

RE: Arctic Horizon 2 - stakeout5 - 2022-11-30

Hey! Any luck with this? I'm on the newest ATV 4K (3rd gen) TVOS 16 with the same issue across any skin I install - including AH2