Kodi Community Forum
Beta Arctic Horizon 2 - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Development (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Skinning (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+---- Forum: WIP Skins (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=160)
+---- Thread: Beta Arctic Horizon 2 (/showthread.php?tid=367352)

RE: Arctic Horizon 2 - Rabb - 2023-02-06

yes, basic kodi lol
settings > skins > color

RE: Arctic Horizon 2 - Greyskull - 2023-02-06

Thanks jurialmunkey for explaining (& Nanomani for post). I have been searching for a way to access trailers without the need to "long press. " I never found this & wouldn't have realised it controls widget default action. Now 1click (+1) gives me the option to watch trailer or play. Great 👍😀

RE: Arctic Horizon 2 - he4vyg - 2023-02-07

(2023-02-01, 14:51)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2023-02-01, 07:36)he4vyg Wrote: Speaking of Clear logos.... I changed a few this morning so they were more landscape than portrait (ie. they were bigger in the skin) and this afternoon, they had changed back to the previous Clear logos. Switching to Estuary shows the new logos that I chose this morning. It seems Arctic Horizon 2 is prefering to choose it's own clear logos for me! Smile Has anyone else noticed this behaviour?
Make sure they have a different filename otherwise the cached one will be used.

Alternatively need to make sure delete corresponding logo from TMDbhelper addon data folder and also reset kodi texture cache.

alright, all the old logos are back, even when the new ones have been downloaded to my harddrives via Artwork Dump.... Can you please point me to where and how I would delete the corresponding logo from the TMDbhelper addon data folder, as suggested?

What is safe to delete, as I can only find database files in the appdata or can I turn off the TMDBhelper part that keeps changing the clearlogos?

Please help, this is driving me crazy!! Smile

RE: Arctic Horizon 2 - SwedishHeat - 2023-02-07

(2023-02-07, 02:54)he4vyg Wrote: alright, all the old logos are back, even when the new ones have been downloaded to my harddrives via Artwork Dump.... Can you please point me to where and how I would delete the corresponding logo from the TMDbhelper addon data folder, as suggested?

What is safe to delete, as I can only find database files in the appdata or can I turn off the TMDBhelper part that keeps changing the clearlogos?

The folder here stores all the cropped logos

Code:
.kodi/userdata/addon_data/plugin.video.themoviedb.helper/crop/

It will be relative to the filesystem on your device. For example, if you are on Android it will be 

Code:
Android\data\org.xbmc.kodi\files\.kodi\userdata\addon_data\plugin.video.themoviedb.helper\crop

Alternatively, you can rename the file of your desired clearlogo, such as appending the date to the filename.

(2023-02-07, 03:35)SwedishHeat Wrote:
(2023-02-07, 02:54)he4vyg Wrote: alright, all the old logos are back, even when the new ones have been downloaded to my harddrives via Artwork Dump.... Can you please point me to where and how I would delete the corresponding logo from the TMDbhelper addon data folder, as suggested?

Code:

It will be relative to the filesystem on your device. For example, if you are on Android it will be 

Code:
Android\data\org.xbmc.kodi\files\.kodi\userdata\addon_data\plugin.video.themoviedb.helper\crop

Alternatively, you can rename the file of your desired clearlogo, such as appending the date to the filename.
Great info, thankyou Smile

What happens if I delete all these? Does TMDBhelper look at the files saved on my harddrive via artwork dump, or use what is currently within Kodi, or does it just grab the first one online from TMDB?

RE: Arctic Horizon 2 - SwedishHeat - 2023-02-07

(2023-02-07, 05:17)he4vyg Wrote:

What happens if I delete all these? Does TMDBhelper look at the files saved on my harddrive via artwork dump, or use what is currently within Kodi, or does it just grab the first one online from TMDB?

It will depend on what your Kodi setting is for info, I have mine set to 'Local Information only', so it will look in the media folder, and find the clearlogo.

If your setting is to use a scraper, then TMDBhelper will probably scrape for a new clearlogo.

I'm not familiar with Artwork Dump, but it sounds like you're using 'local information only', so TMDBhelper will crop the clearlogo you have in your movie folder.

I've had issues with this myself, so I would still recommend renaming your clearlogo file as well.

(2023-02-07, 05:39)SwedishHeat Wrote:

It will depend on what your Kodi setting is for info, I have mine set to 'Local Information only', so it will look in the media folder, and find the clearlogo.

If your setting is to use a scraper, then TMDBhelper will probably scrape for a new clearlogo.

I'm not familiar with Artwork Dump, but it sounds like you're using 'local information only', so TMDBhelper will crop the clearlogo you have in your movie folder.

I've had issues with this myself, so I would still recommend renaming your clearlogo file as well.
Thanks so much for your help! I have been using the TMDB scraper, but will try local information only after deleting the crop folder! Smile

Which clearlogo file should I be renaming? the one on my hardrive or in the TMDhelper crop folder? All my clearlogos on my hardrive are <moviename>clearlogo.png, or just clearlogo.png for TV shows.

RE: Arctic Horizon 2 - Blackysb - 2023-02-07

I maybe wrong and happy to be corrected but I think kodi always looks for local meta data first, if not found then it'll scrape for it.

RE: Arctic Horizon 2 - jurialmunkey - 2023-02-07

Code:

Code:

Yeah safe to delete the entire folder if uou want. Tmdbhelper will just remake any missing cropped logos.

Tmdbhelper takes whatever is stored as Listitem.Art(clearlogo) to crop - ie whatever is in your library artwork metadata (see the choose artwork section of the info dialog to view).

Tmdbhelper only uses its online lookup for the cropped logo if no local library metadata exists.

The reason clearing Kodi's texture cache is important is because tmdbhelper generates the name for the cropped logo based on the original logo name. So if it was same name as before its also possible the old cropped logo will be in Kodi's texture cache even if it changed on disk in the tmdbhelper folder. There's supposedly a 24 Hr wait for automatic refresh.

(2023-02-07, 11:24)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2023-02-07, 03:35)SwedishHeat Wrote: The folder here stores all the cropped logos

Code:

Code:

Yeah safe to delete the entire folder if uou want. Tmdbhelper will just remake any missing cropped logos.

Tmdbhelper takes whatever is stored as Listitem.Art(clearlogo) to crop - ie whatever is in your library artwork metadata (see the choose artwork section of the info dialog to view).

Tmdbhelper only uses its online lookup for the cropped logo if no local library metadata exists.

The reason clearing Kodi's texture cache is important is because tmdbhelper generates the name for the cropped logo based on the original logo name. So if it was same name as before its also possible the old cropped logo will be in Kodi's texture cache even if it changed on disk in the tmdbhelper folder. There's supposedly a 24 Hr wait for automatic refresh.

Great stuff! Thanks for the under the hood info... Clearing that crop folder has changed my life! Smile It was over 1Gb, and between that and deleting kodi's texturedb13 everything is now behaving.

Thanks again for everyone's help

RE: Arctic Horizon 2 - CouchGuy - 2023-02-07

Hi. Which files should I backup for my customise viewtypes?

RE: Arctic Horizon 2 - Reckoner89 - 2023-02-08

(2023-02-06, 12:25)Rabb Wrote: yes, basic kodi lol
settings > skins > color

um...no. not correct, hence why I am asking

RE: Arctic Horizon 2 - braz - 2023-02-08

Hi jurialmunkey! I haven't been active on here for a long time, but still use your skins daily. Searched the forum and didn't see anything related to this...is there a way to search for Actor results from the main menu? If not, is this something that could be added? I took a shot at creating a new search menu item with DefaultSearch-Actors, but that didn't work. Thanks, appreciate your work!

RE: Arctic Horizon 2 - Nanomani - 2023-02-08

(2023-02-08, 08:54)braz Wrote: Hi jurialmunkey! I haven't been active on here for a long time, but still use your skins daily. Searched the forum and didn't see anything related to this...is there a way to search for Actor results from the main menu? If not, is this something that could be added? I took a shot at creating a new search menu item with DefaultSearch-Actors, but that didn't work. Thanks, appreciate your work!

maybe I don't understand your need. Smile
From the search menu you can search for actors : 

You can also create add this to favourites. :

RE: Arctic Horizon 2 - simtaj - 2023-02-08

Hello, firs of all great skin. 
I want to have this skin on Nexus. Is it possible ? Because if I want to load from jurialmunkey ther so no Arctic Horizon 2 inside ?