Kodi Community Forum
Beta Arctic Horizon 2 - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Development (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Skinning (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+---- Forum: WIP Skins (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=160)
+---- Thread: Beta Arctic Horizon 2 (/showthread.php?tid=367352)

RE: Arctic Horizon 2 - jurialmunkey - 2023-03-30

(2023-03-30, 22:56)AdFundum Wrote:
(2023-03-30, 22:24)AdFundum Wrote: Hi all,

I can't get the "genre" to show beneath the full-expanded title, for example in the way it shows the genre "Drama" in the original post: 

(2022-03-07, 11:18)jurialmunkey Wrote: Image

Has anyone else experienced the same issue and found a resolution? I've searched through the thread and Reddit as well but was unable to find an answer unfortunately. Only the "landscape" mode provides me with the associated genres (in a separated line beneath the cover art)

Solution: within the Arctic Horizon 2 settings.xml file, change <setting id="infoline.enablegenre" type="bool">false</setting> to true
Just change it from skin settings under details infoline.

No need to edit the settings file.

RE: Arctic Horizon 2 - jurialmunkey - 2023-03-30

(2023-03-30, 14:32)Hardax Wrote: Thanks @taiseer999 . I've tried all the different styles available and all are distorted. Fanart designed choices seem to bring in the zoomed in poster art instead of channel icons.

If it matters this is an Simple IPTV set up with m3u and xmltv linked files coming in from ErsatzTV.
Poster style will *always* scale artwork.

Have you tried square?

Landscape should also work. However it preferences epgeventicon if available over channel icon.

It sounds like your pvr is putting posters in epgeventicon instead of thumbnails (epgeventicon is generally meant to be a thumbnail from the episode or a landscape art style with text over fanart).

Also note "big landscape" and "big square" have slightly different approaches to scaling artwork than their "normal" counterparts, so it is worth trying all four types.

RE: Arctic Horizon 2 - Hardax - 2023-03-31

Yeah, I tried all the various styles and everything is enlarged. I’m pretty sure my PVR source is messing this up.

thanks for the verification though. Appreciated.

Im also noticing that on most views there is no progress indicator like Estuary has? I find this really useful. Is there a chance this can be added?

RE: Arctic Horizon 2 - AdFundum - 2023-03-31

(2023-03-30, 23:16)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2023-03-30, 22:56)AdFundum Wrote:

I can't get the "genre" to show beneath the full-expanded title, for example in the way it shows the genre "Drama" in the original post: 

Has anyone else experienced the same issue and found a resolution? I've searched through the thread and Reddit as well but was unable to find an answer unfortunately. Only the "landscape" mode provides me with the associated genres (in a separated line beneath the cover art)

Solution: within the Arctic Horizon 2 settings.xml file, change <setting id="infoline.enablegenre" type="bool">false</setting> to true
Just change it from skin settings under details infoline.

No need to edit the settings file.
I somehow missed this in the settings after hours of searching... Thanks for the support, and for the awesome skin development in general!

RE: Arctic Horizon 2 - Reckoner89 - 2023-03-31

To my delight I discovered development of cinemavision has been picked via a fork called preshow experience. Any chance we could get some integration with this addon in the future i.e. an optional dedicated button in the info dialog?

RE: Arctic Horizon 2 - Nekromantik - 2023-03-31

@jurialmunkey

Any idea what would cause the TV Shows Hub widget to take long time to load compared to Movies widget?

RE: Arctic Horizon 2 - den5o - 2023-04-01

@jurialmunkey Would it be possible to get support for multiple filename source HDR icons?

With the influx of titles being released with hybrid HDR, I've started naming my files with the HDR type so I can easily tell if a device I want to view them on supports it.

For example I now have files named:
"Movie Title - Remux-2160p - DV HDR10.mkv"
"Movie Title - Remux-2160p - HDR10+ HDR10.mkv"
"Movie Title - Remux-2160p - HDR10.mkv"

This breaks the filename source icons since they only recognise HDR in the filename.

Media codec icons do not work for HDR on my system even though all the rest show up properly. I assume it's because I use the Jellyfin for Kodi addon.

RE: Arctic Horizon 2 - seanbolandRED - 2023-04-02

(2022-03-07, 11:18)jurialmunkey Wrote: Image

Go to Settings > Skin Settings > Details > Infoline > Genre (make sure it's ticked).

RE: Arctic Horizon 2 - borygo77 - 2023-04-03

Hey guys! How do you get those icons in main menu?

Right! There was no question 😜
Found how to do it...

RE: Arctic Horizon 2 - nayef - 2023-04-04

What is the latest version of the Skins  that supports Kodi 18?

RE: Arctic Horizon 2 - peat - 2023-04-04

(2023-04-03, 15:24)borygo77 Wrote: Hey guys! How do you get those icons in main menu?

Right! There was no question 😜
Found how to do it...

When choosing icons for your menu entrys you can press back a few times, then browse to your custom folder that contains the icons you want to use and then select one from there. Its not that complicated. 😀

RE: Arctic Horizon 2 - jurialmunkey - 2023-04-04

(2023-04-04, 06:16)nayef Wrote: What is the latest version of the Skins  that supports Kodi 18?
None. It is not supported.

RE: Arctic Horizon 2 - Bindou - 2023-04-04

Hi Jurial,
Don't you think it would be nice to add an option to slightly dim the brightness of unselected covers ?

- it would make it possible to take better advantage of the general atmosphere of the interface of the selected film, with a wallpaper that would be less overwhelmed by the other covers in the foreground. Indeed, the covers can sometimes dazzle, especially when they are white, and spoil the atmosphere of the wallpaper and the selected cover a little.

- it would better highlight the selected cover, regardless of the colors chosen for the frame.

I feel like this would be the perfect little finish.

RE: Arctic Horizon 2 - Hardax - 2023-04-05

@jurialmunkey , Live TV - Any chance of adding a progress indicator to the smaller widget style choices?

Big Square and Featured Landscape for example have a progress indicator in the lower right corner of the widget but regular square or landscape does not.

I find it very useful to be able to see how far into the program it is but prefer the smaller sized widgets.

Thanks!

RE: Arctic Horizon 2 - jurialmunkey - 2023-04-06

(2023-04-05, 15:10)Hardax Wrote: @jurialmunkey , Live TV - Any chance of adding a progress indicator to the smaller widget style choices?

Big Square and Featured Landscape for example have a progress indicator in the lower right corner of the widget but regular square or landscape does not.

I find it very useful to be able to see how far into the program it is but prefer the smaller sized widgets.

Thanks!
These used to have the indicator and it was removed as per an exact opposite request to yours.

Anyway, I think the pvr indicator progress needs to be changed entirely. The current one should really only be for resume not current progress - in my mind that indicator means it's something I started watching but didn't finish and I can pickup where I left off, not something I haven't watched but is live so is halfway through.

I think the pvr widgets need something similar to how the osd epg/channels have where it is a bar across the whole item rather than indicator. Indicator really should be reserved for watched status - ie unwatched episode (number) , unwatched in library (box) , unwatched new item (star), in progress (circle) , watched (checkmark)