Kodi Community Forum
Beta Arctic Horizon 2 - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Development (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Skinning (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+---- Forum: WIP Skins (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=160)
+---- Thread: Beta Arctic Horizon 2 (/showthread.php?tid=367352)

RE: Arctic Horizon 2 - ahmedkhalili - 2023-05-02

How in the world do I get the weather working? I've tried everything suggested in this thread but nothing is working.

In fact, I seem to be missing menu items and some tabs, is this a bug?

RE: Arctic Horizon 2 - VelimirSaban - 2023-05-02

(2023-05-02, 07:06)ahmedkhalili Wrote: How in the world do I get the weather working? I've tried everything suggested in this thread but nothing is working.

In fact, I seem to be missing menu items and some tabs, is this a bug?

I have the same problem. I can't find a way to build a weather widget, I always must click on a weather menu to be brought to full screen weather information. With other skins I just move to weather menu item and it automatically show weather widget. Thanks for help!

RE: Arctic Horizon 2 - Wanbank - 2023-05-02

Hi!
The skin as shown on the Logan Movie is very cool. 
What are your settings? 
thanks!
WB

RE: Arctic Horizon 2 - Wanbank - 2023-05-02

(2023-05-02, 16:22)Wanbank Wrote: Hi!
The skin as shown on the Logan Movie is very cool. 
What are your settings? 
thanks!
WB
Wow, i'm seeing now this is a reacting to a post dated 2022.
Still, even your settings there look way much better with the director icons etc. 
Can you enlight me on you exact setting or skin? Using the Arctic Horizon 2 (standard).

RE: Arctic Horizon 2 - pferreira1906 - 2023-05-03

Hi All, good afternoon.

This should be a basic question, but for the life of me cant find this setting.

How do you choose between the Color and Monochrome media flags?

TIA!

RE: Arctic Horizon 2 - SwedishHeat - 2023-05-07

Does anyone know what triggers the DV or HDR media flag? 

Some of my files have DV in the filename but it doesn't trigger the Dolby Vision flag, many of them have HDR in the filename, but some display the HDR flag and some don't.

RE: Arctic Horizon 2 - Fuchs2468 - 2023-05-07

(2023-05-07, 18:33)SwedishHeat Wrote: Does anyone know what triggers the DV or HDR media flag? 

Some of my files have DV in the filename but it doesn't trigger the Dolby Vision flag, many of them have HDR in the filename, but some display the HDR flag and some don't.
AH2 uses "ListItem.HdrType" so it will only show the HDR type that kodi recognises. So with AH2 it doesn't matter if you have DV or HDR in the filename.
I haven't tested it yet, but I think Kodi 21 should recognise DV and HDR.

RE: Arctic Horizon 2 - SwedishHeat - 2023-05-07

(2023-05-07, 21:06)Fuchs2468 Wrote:
(2023-05-07, 18:33)SwedishHeat Wrote: Does anyone know what triggers the DV or HDR media flag? 

AH2 uses "ListItem.HdrType" so it will only show the HDR type that kodi recognises. So with AH2 it doesn't matter if you have DV or HDR in the filename.

Okay, so basically I will have to wait until Kodi gets updated? It's nothing I can do on my end?

RE: Arctic Horizon 2 - Fuchs2468 - 2023-05-07

(2023-05-07, 22:49)SwedishHeat Wrote: Okay, so basically I will have to wait until Kodi gets updated? It's nothing I can do on my end?

Yes.

RE: Arctic Horizon 2 - Eddage - 2023-05-07

I'm not sure if this is a skin issue, or a general Kodi issue but I have some inconsistent channel icons that are driving me mad!

I have set Kodi to ignore channel logos from any XML/EPG files I am using as a source and to just use logos from a saved folder. When I view the channel manager they appear correctly, as well as on the EPG...

However, if I bring up the info when playing a channel I get a different logo...

But then, if I look at the recently played channels or channel EPG it shows the correct logo...

I have tried deleting my texture cache/database, but no luck.

RE: Arctic Horizon 2 - he4vyg - 2023-05-08

Look around post #2270 for some discussion on logos that helped me. There is another folder called 'crop' to delete in the tmdbhelper folder....

RE: Arctic Horizon 2 - theking_z - 2023-05-08

Hey Guys, I am sorry if this question has been asked already but I did not find an answer upon my quick search. In AH2 skin, when you press the info button and the new info screen comes up, is there a way to change the default order of the items on the left hand side? I would like to put Trailer on the top following by Details (to see cast) and so on? How do I achieve this? TIA.

RE: Arctic Horizon 2 - Reckoner89 - 2023-05-08

(2023-05-07, 22:49)SwedishHeat Wrote:
(2023-05-07, 21:06)Fuchs2468 Wrote:

Okay, so basically I will have to wait until Kodi gets updated? It's nothing I can do on my end?

No that other person is wrong. Kodi 20 can detect dolby vision from files. Do you have the setting enabled that does this?: Settings>Library>Videos>Extract video information from files.

If for some reason that doesn't work for you, your other option is to disable the above setting and use .nfo files for all your movies and ensure in the streamdetails you have "<hdrtype>dolbyvision</hdrtype>"

RE: Arctic Horizon 2 - Aemstel - 2023-05-09

(2023-05-08, 23:34)Reckoner89 Wrote:
(2023-05-07, 22:49)SwedishHeat Wrote:
(2023-05-07, 21:06)Fuchs2468 Wrote: AH2 uses "ListItem.HdrType" so it will only show the HDR type that kodi recognises. So with AH2 it doesn't matter if you have DV or HDR in the filename.

No that other person is wrong. Kodi 20 can detect dolby vision from files. Do you have the setting enabled that does this?: Settings>Library>Videos>Extract video information from files.

If for some reason that doesn't work for you, your other option is to disable the above setting and use .nfo files for all your movies and ensure in the streamdetails you have "<hdrtype>dolbyvision</hdrtype>"
Well, are you sure it works in Kodi 20? For me it was not working in 20 so I tried 21, and it works fine there without changing any other settings.

Also thanks for that nfo tag! I was wondering what the correct tag was to set this manually.

RE: Arctic Horizon 2 - Reckoner89 - 2023-05-09

(2023-05-09, 15:57)Aemstel Wrote:
(2023-05-08, 23:34)Reckoner89 Wrote:
(2023-05-07, 22:49)SwedishHeat Wrote: Okay, so basically I will have to wait until Kodi gets updated? It's nothing I can do on my end?

Well, are you sure it works in Kodi 20? For me it was not working in 20 so I tried 21, and it works fine there without changing any other settings.

Also thanks for that nfo tag! I was wondering what the correct tag was to set this manually.

It does work for me in Kodi 20 but have had other issues with Kodi extracting video information so personally I've gone the .nfo route for my library.