Kodi Community Forum
Beta Arctic Horizon 2 - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Development (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Skinning (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+---- Forum: WIP Skins (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=160)
+---- Thread: Beta Arctic Horizon 2 (/showthread.php?tid=367352)

RE: Arctic Horizon 2 - Raistlin666 - 2023-07-03

Hey guys,
Did anyone manage to run this on the firestick 4k max? I'm trying different skins for kodi but this one also crashes and is unusable.
It startet once, than crashed and since then it's stuck in a "setup" crash loop, in which it instantly freezes..
Isn't there enough ram available on the stick or am I missing something?

RE: Arctic Horizon 2 - Nanomani - 2023-07-05

(2023-06-12, 03:18)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2023-06-11, 11:28)Nanomani Wrote: @jurialmunkey

Since the latest update with the new script , Wiki no longer uses the "language and country" defined in the "TheMovieDb Helper".
Wiki always returns results in English language.

I wanted to be sure that I didn't forget anything.
I guess an update will fix this later. so no rush here.

Just if this could be confirmed that would be great
Thanks

Since I split the wikipedia code off into its own addon, it is no longer related to tmdbhelper at all. It is now up to the skin to set the language when calling the addon. I just haven't got to adding that in the skin yet.

I have tested "script.wikipedia" v0.0.5 with an other skin modded for my need with a custom settings for change the default language wiki (it, de, fr, es, en).
All works like a charm. thanks you for this update Smile

RE: Arctic Horizon 2 - jkerrigan - 2023-07-07

In an earlier reply I read that the best way to switch profiles is to add a log-out button to the home screen so you log-out and then log-in to the new profile. Is there a way to add a profile button so you just select the profile you want to switch to without having to log-out and log back in? I know it's only cutting out a step or two but it would be useful.

I've set up Yatse with buttons to switch profiles, but would be nice to do it on the screen too.

RE: Arctic Horizon 2 - jurialmunkey - 2023-07-07

(2023-07-07, 03:41)jkerrigan Wrote: In an earlier reply I read that the best way to switch profiles is to add a log-out button to the home screen so you log-out and then log-in to the new profile. Is there a way to add a profile button so you just select the profile you want to switch to without having to log-out and log back in? I know it's only cutting out a step or two but it would be useful.

I've set up Yatse with buttons to switch profiles, but would be nice to do it on the screen too.

https://kodi.wiki/view/List_of_built-in_functions#Profile_built-in's

RE: Arctic Horizon 2 - jkerrigan - 2023-07-07

(2023-07-07, 09:58)jurialmunkey Wrote: https://kodi.wiki/view/List_of_built-in_functions#Profile_built-in's

Nice thanks! So same command as in Yatse. I haven't done something like this in the Kodi home screen before so hopefully I work it out.

Just another question, for the LoadProfile(profilename,[prompt]) command, what goes in prompt? Or do you just leave that as prompt? I don't really understand what that does.

Edit: got it working now with the custom command, thanks. Switching profiles is a bit buggy though, I'm surprised it's something that hasn't been focused on much with Kodi

RE: Arctic Horizon 2 - LeeH1988 - 2023-07-07

Hi, love the skin. My trailers don't seem to work for tv shows, they work for movies correctly but when I try for a TV show I get the quota exceeded message from YouTube. I have recently just configured a new youtibe api as I was having problems. I switched to this skin a while back but I'm sure you could scrape the tv show trailers manually in the Titan Bingie Mod skin that I used previously. I've tried this option on Artic Horizon 2 but it doesn't seem to work. Any pointers on how to get the trailers working for tv shows would be appreciated. Cheers

RE: Arctic Horizon 2 - gRullo - 2023-07-09

(2023-06-27, 07:17)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2023-06-26, 20:43)gRullo Wrote: Hi Jurial ! 

In the main screen, movies and tv shows Fullscreen widget menu doesn't auto scroll the next background fanart anymore after the delay I previously set. I tried 10, 12, 15 secs but still nothing. Text is auto scrolling but not the next movie/tv show anymore. 
what am I missing ? kodi Nexus 20.1 win 64

Thanks

Did you enable the autoscroll setting for the fullscreen widget?

There was a bug previously where autoscroll was always enabled even if the fullscreen widget had it disabled. I recently fixed that bug. You've probably had it disabled the entire time but didn't notice because of the bug.

Fixed, thanks a lot. I had to enable autoscroll as you said. 

One more question: the "wiki" button does nothing for me, no matter if I'm trying to wiki a movie or a tv show from informations panel ... it shows nothing, like a blank button.  Is there a setting I must enable in order to let it works or something I am missing ? 

Thanks

RE: Arctic Horizon 2 - jurialmunkey - 2023-07-10

(2023-07-09, 20:12)gRullo Wrote:
(2023-06-27, 07:17)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2023-06-26, 20:43)gRullo Wrote: Hi Jurial ! 

In the main screen, movies and tv shows Fullscreen widget menu doesn't auto scroll the next background fanart anymore after the delay I previously set. I tried 10, 12, 15 secs but still nothing. Text is auto scrolling but not the next movie/tv show anymore. 
what am I missing ? kodi Nexus 20.1 win 64

Thanks

Did you enable the autoscroll setting for the fullscreen widget?

There was a bug previously where autoscroll was always enabled even if the fullscreen widget had it disabled. I recently fixed that bug. You've probably had it disabled the entire time but didn't notice because of the bug.

One more question: the "wiki" button does nothing for me, no matter if I'm trying to wiki a movie or a tv show from informations panel ... it shows nothing, like a blank button.  Is there a setting I must enable in order to let it works or something I am missing ? 

Thanks

Likely need to install the wikipedia addon from repo. I recently split it off from TMDbHelper to be it's own addon so that other skins can use it without TMDbHelper being installed - though I'm surprised it didn't prompt you to install when you clicked the button.

I forgot to add it to the dependencies to make it install automatically with the skin, so I probably should do that.

RE: Arctic Horizon 2 - CouchGuy - 2023-07-10

I don't know when this update happened... I can now create a custom submenu to my custom hub. THANK YOU! Wish that we can also asign artworks to the custom node.

RE: Arctic Horizon 2 - gRullo - 2023-07-10

(2023-07-10, 10:14)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2023-07-09, 20:12)gRullo Wrote:
(2023-06-27, 07:17)jurialmunkey Wrote: Did you enable the autoscroll setting for the fullscreen widget?

Thanks

Likely need to install the wikipedia addon from repo. I recently split it off from TMDbHelper to be it's own addon so that other skins can use it without TMDbHelper being installed - though I'm surprised it didn't prompt you to install when you clicked the button.

I forgot to add it to the dependencies to make it install automatically with the skin, so I probably should do that.

Working Flawless after the installation from the repo ! Thanks a lot. (no, it doesn't ask you for the install when you click the button)

RE: Arctic Horizon 2 - Grumpyman - 2023-07-10

is there a way to stop getting the Youtube: accessNotConfigured message( while still keeping youtube Smile ) without getting my own api keys?

Happens when i go into  the movie details and press down just to view the cast and recommendations

RE: Arctic Horizon 2 - izprtxqkft - 2023-07-10

(2023-07-10, 16:31)Grumpyman Wrote: is there a way to stop getting the Youtube: accessNotConfigured message( while still keeping youtube Smile ) without getting my own api keys?

Happens when i go into  the movie details and press down just to view the cast and recommendations

that is outside the control of the skin, try the support thread for youtube - https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=356934

RE: Arctic Horizon 2 - Grumpyman - 2023-07-10

(2023-07-10, 16:47)jepsizofye Wrote:
(2023-07-10, 16:31)Grumpyman Wrote: is there a way to stop getting the Youtube: accessNotConfigured message( while still keeping youtube Smile ) without getting my own api keys?

that is outside the control of the skin, try the support thread for youtube - https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=356934

ok Thanks

RE: Arctic Horizon 2 - CouchGuy - 2023-07-12

I'm using Zidoo Z9X and I have lag (i don't know the exact term for that) issue when trying to show the video OSD. But I found this option "auto pop-up OSD dialogs" and disabled it. It really improved the performance! The lag is still there specially when trying to show the OSD for the first time but not as like before. Maybe if there's an option to disable the extra feature when you press the down button, the lag will be gone?

RE: Arctic Horizon 2 - jurialmunkey - 2023-07-12

(2023-07-12, 14:53)CouchGuy Wrote: I'm using Zidoo Z9X and I have lag (i don't know the exact term for that) issue when trying to show the video OSD. But I found this option "auto pop-up OSD dialogs" and disabled it. It really improved the performance! The lag is still there specially when trying to show the OSD for the first time but not as like before. Maybe if there's an option to disable the extra feature when you press the down button, the lag will be gone?

The down button opens a separate dialog, so it will not have any impact on the lag - that dialog is not loaded until you press down.

The janky animation stutter on some lower powered devices is almost certainly due to sync loading of textures blocking the main GUI thread. There's not much that can be done about it at the moment - my options currently are either a bit of animation jank by using the current sync loading method; or by having texture pop-in by using the large image background loader.

Whilst the background loader would solve the jank as it is in a separate thread from the main GUI, it can have potentially worse results overall -- if a button textures ends up behind a large image (e.g. fanart) in the background queue, then the button will be entirely missing from display until the large image loads. I think overall being able to see what you're clicking on is more important than a bit of animation jank/stutter.

There's some work being done by rmrector and sarbes on the Kodi rendering engine to change how texture loading is handled but it's a while off being ready for inclusion in the main Kodi branch.

If the stutter only happens once on the very first time the OSD is opened after starting Kodi and never again, then the other possibility for the delay is skin include building -- nothing at all can be done about that. But I think that's less likely and the more likely problem is sync loading blocking the main thread.