Kodi Community Forum
Beta Arctic Horizon 2 - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Development (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Skinning (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+---- Forum: WIP Skins (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=160)
+---- Thread: Beta Arctic Horizon 2 (/showthread.php?tid=367352)

RE: Arctic Horizon 2 - etgecata - 2024-02-17

@ jurialmunkey

can you at least make the necessary adjustments so that the skin can be fully used for Kodi 21. This skin is loved by many people and it would be a shame if you abandon it completely.

RE: Arctic Horizon 2 - Bindou - 2024-02-17

(2024-02-17, 08:26)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2024-02-16, 21:16)Bindou Wrote: However, that doesn't explain why all the reports disappeared? It would be stupid to have deleted everything on purpose, when someone could have taken over development one day. Undecided

Nothing has been deleted. I have hidden the issues tab because I'm not currently working on the skin and no one else has submitted a bug fix PR in the last six months. There is no point having an issues tab pinging me with notifications I don't read and that no one else is working on.

If someone starts regularly making PRs with bugfixes then I will reopen the issues tab. I'm completely happy to review code, merge and push updates if someone is submitting PRs with fixes, but so far no one has been.

Okay, I understand better. However, if we can no longer see bug reports, it becomes difficult to communicate with people who would have the skills to propose corrections. Or is it just me who doesn't know where to go to view them?

I admit that I do not have the skills to correct the small bugs that appeared on Kodi 21. But I have the impression that there is not much to do to make Horizon 2 work as well as on Kodi 20 In my opinion, the most annoying bugs are:
1. Disappearance of the cover after watching a film (wall view mode)
2. Number of episodes that are no longer displayed when you start a series.

Furthermore, for bug number 2, it seems to me that @ChocOranger proposed a partial correction?

For the other bugs, we can deal with it, I have proposed workarounds on Github.

RE: Arctic Horizon 2 - Bindou - 2024-02-17

@jurialmunkey
Furthermore, I largely understand your full investment in your Fuse project. This project is extremely ambitious. I started to exploit it a little, and I actually see the enormous potential of this project, which in the long term will indeed replace Horizon 2 quite easily. But in my opinion there is still a lot of work to do to make it as pleasant to use. This is why I think that many users will stay on Horizon 2 for a little while longer, before migrating to Fuse. In my opinion, Fuse will be the best Kodi Skin ever created.

So, during this transition, can't you find someone to take over Horizon 2. Doesn't the person working on Horizon 1 want to take over Horizon 2?

RE: Arctic Horizon 2 - joseska - 2024-02-17

Hi... We create a include, inside Information page (DialogVideoInfo.xml - the same way that the movies show alternate info with <onright>) that show the trailers throught youtube plugin.
The problem is that the first time I go to the information page after opening Kodi or reloading the skin, the include not work. If I leave the information page and come back in, it works perfectly and it already works the first time in the other movies or series.

this is the code:
11:

<!-- Joseska DialogInfo_youtube2 -->
    <include name="DialogInfo_youtube2">
        <control type="group">
            <visible>Control.HasFocus(9804)</visible>
            <include>Animation_FadeIn_Delay</include>
            <!-- Lista Capítulos. $PARAM[include] == "List_BigLandscape_Row". - $PARAM[id]3 == 9802. - $PARAM[id]2 == 9801-->
            <include content="List_BigLandscape_Row">
                <param name="id" value="9804" />
                <param name="orientation">vertical</param>
                <!-- <visible>!Container.IsUpdating(9801)</visible> -->
                <height>divider_bottom</height>
                <bottom>40</bottom>
                <preloaditems>2</preloaditems>
                <focusposition>0</focusposition>
                <onback>7004</onback>
                <content target="videos">$VAR[Path_Youtube2]</content>
                <onclick>PlayMedia($ESCINFO[Container(9804).ListItem.FileNameAndPath],False,1,playlist_type_hint=1)</onclick>
                <onclick>SetProperty(HasTrailer,$INFO[Container(9804).ListItem.FileNameAndPath],Home)</onclick>
                <onclick>SetFocus(7001)</onclick>
                <animation effect="fade" start="100" end="10" time="200" delay="400" condition="Container(9804).IsUpdating">Conditional</animation>
            </include>
            <!-- Cargando Trailers. -->
            <control type="group">
                <height>divider_bottom</height>
                <bottom>120</bottom>
                <visible>Container(9804).IsUpdating</visible>
                <animation effect="fade" reversible="false" start="0" end="100" time="200" delay="600">Visible</animation>
                <include content="Object_BusySpinner">
                    <param name="colordiffuse" value="main_fg" />
                    <param name="label" value="$LOCALIZE[31023]" />
                </include>
            </control>
            <!-- Texto Descripción del Trailer -->
            <!-- <control type="textbox">
                <left>80</left>
                <top>440</top>
                <width>880</width>
                <height>info_plot_h</height>
                <font>font_main_plot</font>
                <include condition="$PARAM[selected]">Color_SelectedText</include>
                <label>$VAR[plot_Videos_Youtube]</label>
                <textcolor>main_fg_70</textcolor>
                <font>font_mini_plot</font>
                <align>left</align>
                <include content="Defs_AutoScroll_TextBox">
                    <param name="condition">$PARAM[selected]</param>
                </include>
            </control> -->
        </control>
    </include>

any helpHuh?
Is there a way to preload the information of that include when entering the information pageHuh

thanks....

RE: Arctic Horizon 2 - ChocOranger - 2024-02-18

(2024-02-17, 14:14)Bindou Wrote: 1. Disappearance of the cover after watching a film (wall view mode)
I've suggested it before. Create a portable install of Kodi linked to a folder with a couple of test movies.
Do not install any add-ons. Change to Wall View. See if you still have an issue.
This will rule out any add-on issues and will be a clean install.
Report back.

(2024-02-17, 14:14)Bindou Wrote: 2. Number of episodes that are no longer displayed when you start a series.

Furthermore, for bug number 2, it seems to me that @ChocOranger proposed a partial correction?

This fixes the missing number of episodes. Read what it changes. It's a partial fix that doesn't take into account the various switches in options. It was one of my first forays into skinning.
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=367352&pid=3180453#pid3180453

RE: Arctic Horizon 2 - Bindou - 2024-02-18

Thank you for this reminder @ChocOranger

1. I uninstalled all the addons one by one, but the problem persists under Horizon 2, and only under Horizon 2. However, I have not yet done a clean install to check, because I cannot for At the moment, I no longer have a PC.

2. Regarding the bug displaying the number of episodes, same problem, I cannot make this modification, what's more, I would have to apply this to many friends' boxes, which is tedious. Integrating your changes into the code and transferring it by automatic update would be more appropriate.

RE: Arctic Horizon 2 - illuvattarr - 2024-02-20

Ive been using this skin for a while and it's great. Ive switched devices now, and after reinstalling I cannot chsnge the 'expand information' to full anymore. There is only fullscreen and simple. I'd like to show more info near movies when wcrolling through the widgets. How can I get this back?

RE: Arctic Horizon 2 - Mariotelli - 2024-02-21

Good great job for this skin! I would like to know if you could put the option to put the same full-screen widget for all sections and that when you go through each one that does not change and is only the same for everything as in arctic zephyr reloader, there is the option to put the same widget in each section but since it is not the same for all it is changing! I don't know if I can explain myself.

RE: Arctic Horizon 2 - ChocOranger - 2024-02-26

(2024-02-20, 19:52)illuvattarr Wrote: Ive been using this skin for a while and it's great. Ive switched devices now, and after reinstalling I cannot chsnge the 'expand information' to full anymore. There is only fullscreen and simple. I'd like to show more info near movies when wcrolling through the widgets. How can I get this back?
I think the expanded info was removed a while back and merged with fullscreen, but I may be missing what you need.. 
What are you missing? Screenies always good.

RE: Arctic Horizon 2 - LtFrankDrebin - 2024-02-27

@jurialmunkey Hi! Loving the skin! I know you're busy with Fuse development, but I just have 2 quick questions regarding the pics below if you don't mind:

https://imgur.com/a/SeKHpgA

- Is it normal for the lovefilm widget viewtype to look like that? I'd like the background to match if possible, but if that's the intended look, then all good!

- Is it possible to hide the text labels on landscape widget items? I think they're disabled by default on Fuse but I couldn't find a setting for it on AH2. I did find a setting to hide the labels but it was for the 'big landscape' viewtype and didn't work for normal landscape widgets.

I'd appreciate any help!

RE: Arctic Horizon 2 - xboxhaxorz - 2024-02-28

(2024-02-17, 14:22)Bindou Wrote: @jurialmunkey
Furthermore, I largely understand your full investment in your Fuse project. This project is extremely ambitious. I started to exploit it a little, and I actually see the enormous potential of this project, which in the long term will indeed replace Horizon 2 quite easily. But in my opinion there is still a lot of work to do to make it as pleasant to use. This is why I think that many users will stay on Horizon 2 for a little while longer, before migrating to Fuse. In my opinion, Fuse will be the best Kodi Skin ever created.

So, during this transition, can't you find someone to take over Horizon 2. Doesn't the person working on Horizon 1 want to take over Horizon 2?

I actually wont be using Fuse, i prefer AH2, havent found another theme that works as well as this, so yea it would be great to still have it supported

RE: Arctic Horizon 2 - Mibuix0r - 2024-03-01

Is there a way to go back to the regular context menu?  Mine seems to always start at different places. Is it possible I could put "Play Using..." higher up?

RE: Arctic Horizon 2 - steasi21 - 2024-03-06

Hello all,
I'm having an issue using widgets. I can normally add a widget but when i change the option expand information to "plot" or full" the change isn't saved for some reason.
I'm using kodi on a google chromecast 4k with google tv os

TextureMaker error - jaerikun - 2024-03-07

Hi all, been trying to set up AH2 in my M1 Mac mini but I keep getting an error with TextureMaker.
Quote:error <general>: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
- NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
Error Type: <class 'ModuleNotFoundError'>
Error Contents: No module named 'PIL'
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/Users/gem/Library/Application Support/Kodi/addons/script.texturemaker/script.py", line 5, in <module>
from resources.lib.script import Script
File "/Users/gem/Library/Application Support/Kodi/addons/script.texturemaker/resources/lib/script.py", line 11, in <module>
from PIL import Image, ImageChops
ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'PIL'
-->End of Python script error report<--

I haven't encountered this issue on my Windows PC and onn TV box. Can anyone help?

RE: TextureMaker error - jaerikun - 2024-03-07

(2024-03-07, 23:11)jaerikun Wrote: Hi all, been trying to set up AH2 in my M1 Mac mini but I keep getting an error with TextureMaker.
Quote:error <general>: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
- NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
Error Type: <class 'ModuleNotFoundError'>
Error Contents: No module named 'PIL'
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/Users/gem/Library/Application Support/Kodi/addons/script.texturemaker/script.py", line 5, in <module>
from resources.lib.script import Script
File "/Users/gem/Library/Application Support/Kodi/addons/script.texturemaker/resources/lib/script.py", line 11, in <module>
from PIL import Image, ImageChops
ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'PIL'
-->End of Python script error report<--

I haven't encountered this issue on my Windows PC and onn TV box. Can anyone help?

Upon further research, I found out that this is an existing issue with apple devices and can only be resolved by the Kodi devs.