Kodi Community Forum
Beta Arctic Horizon 2 - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Development (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Skinning (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+---- Forum: WIP Skins (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=160)
+---- Thread: Beta Arctic Horizon 2 (/showthread.php?tid=367352)

RE: Arctic Horizon 2 - jurialmunkey - 2022-06-05

(2022-06-04, 19:56)Weevild Wrote: Is it possible to change from fast-forwarding (2x, 4x, 8x speeds etc.) to jumping (+10 sec, -10 sec) when pressing the respective buttons on my Shield remote?
Skins don't control remote buttons. You'd need to change your keymap yourself.

However there is a cool trick if you open the osd buttons - pressing up/down on the play button will increase ff/rw, and pressing up/down on the 10sec jump buttons will seek back/forwards with increasingly large steps.

(2022-06-04, 20:04)psbguy Wrote: First of all, thanks for this beautiful and fast skin. Great Job!

I have quickly tried the skin, and there are a couple of issues:

- In the PVR guide, when I click on a program, I don't get the options to Switch to channel, record..., instead, I get Play, trailer, search. When I click on Play it would just take me back to the guide.

- Please add the option for Arial fonts.
Ah I knew there was still something major that I forgot with the pvr guide. Will add it to my todo list.

I've covered the "arial" thing before. That won't happen as the font is ugly.

What language/character support are you missing? ill see if I can find a suitable Roboto-esque font

(skin fonts currently support Latin, Greek, Hebrew and CJK character sets).

(2022-06-05, 02:01)Karellen Wrote:
(2022-06-05, 00:14)Brambo1975 Wrote: Will there also be a link for Seren addon theme, like in version 1?
Hopefully not. If there is, then this skin won't be welcome in the forum Sad

Definitely not made by me.

Not even sure where this "link" supposedly is as I don't remember anyone posting something like that in the AH1 thread.

(2022-06-05, 01:53)jamesdm Wrote:
(2022-06-04, 20:44)binsadik Wrote: Hi
thanks for the new skin.
download subtitles not working
Many context menu option aren't working like the power menu when the letter S is press.
Power menu works fine for me.

RE: Arctic Horizon 2 - Chiggy - 2022-06-05

Wow just tried this skin out and its AWESOME! Thank you so much for creating this skin.
And it also manages to run on my TV much smoother as compared to AH1, meaning I can use this on my TV too Smile

Just one question, is there a way to enable rotation of the "movie carousel" that appears on the movie page? Like, it just stays on one item unless I manually go to the next. Is there a way to set a timer, like say 10 or 15 seconds and then go to the next item?

(2022-06-04, 19:16)slickw Wrote: Loving the look of the skin so far.
There is no stop button when playing movies?
And i cant get fannart to show on widgets. I will try clean kodi install tomorrow to see if it fixes anything.
Are you playing a playlist of movies?

The next button switches to stop when you reach the end of the playlist (or at least it should!).

What do you mean by fanart on widgets? For fullscreen widgets? Or standard poster row widgets?

The row widgets don't currently show fanart but there is an option to enable it, I just forgot to add a toggle for it in skin settings so ill add it in next version.

RE: Arctic Horizon 2 - AK-47 - 2022-06-05

Sorry if this has already been answered, but I’m using AH on my Nvidia Shield 2017 and want to upgrade to AH2. Can I back up my AH settings and restore them in AH2? If so, how would I go about doing that?

Thanks for your work on this skin @jurialmunkey, excited to try it out

RE: Arctic Horizon 2 - ChiTianJoPajie - 2022-06-05

I explored this skin yesterday and I discovered the the clearlogo that replaces the text only looks good when the logo is vertical. But I really love your skins, especially both AHs, thank you for making the Wink .

So here are some examples:

The Vertical Clearlogo that I made:
ImageImage

Imagethe Original Clearlogo:

Here are some other are some examples of vertical clearlogos:

(2022-06-05, 03:42)Chiggy Wrote: Wow just tried this skin out and its AWESOME! Thank you so much for creating this skin.
And it also manages to run on my TV much smoother as compared to AH1, meaning I can use this on my TV too Smile

Just one question, is there a way to enable rotation of the "movie carousel" that appears on the movie page? Like, it just stays on one item unless I manually go to the next. Is there a way to set a timer, like say 10 or 15 seconds and then go to the next item?

Excellent! I'm really glad to hear that the performance is improved enough to run directly on a smart TV, as I really worked hard on getting the skin running as smooth as possible without compromising important features.

Yes, autoscroll widgets definitely planned, just haven't quite got to it yet. Thanks for reminding me because I forgot to put that on my todo list!

(2022-06-05, 03:45)AK-47 Wrote: Sorry if this has already been answered, but I’m using AH on my Nvidia Shield 2017 and want to upgrade to AH2. Can I back up my AH settings and restore them in AH2? If so, how would I go about doing that?

Thanks for your work on this skin @jurialmunkey, excited to try it out
AH2 is its own skin with entirely separate settings (including skinshortcuts configuration which I've set to NOT share) so you should be safe to install the skin without worrying about it changing your AH1 configuration.

In terms of "copying" the settings from AH1 to AH2 that isn't possible because the skins are separate skins with their own configurations. AH2 code was built completely from scratch.

RE: Arctic Horizon 2 - Chiggy - 2022-06-05

(2022-06-05, 03:53)jurialmunkey Wrote: Yes, autoscroll widgets definitely planned, just haven't quite got to it yet

Ok thank you! 
Also I forgot to ask this in my earlier post, but was the "See similar movies" option removed in AH2?

RE: Arctic Horizon 2 - Karellen - 2022-06-05

(2022-06-05, 03:39)jurialmunkey Wrote: Definitely not made by me.
Yep, I agree. I assumed it was some sort of "mod" obtained elsewhere.

RE: Arctic Horizon 2 - ChiTianJoPajie - 2022-06-05

(2022-06-05, 03:48)ChiTianJoPajie Wrote: I explored this skin yesterday and I discovered the the clearlogo that replaces the text only looks good when the logo is vertical. But I really love your skins, especially both AHs, thank you for making the Wink .

So here are some examples:

The Vertical Clearlogo that I made:
ImageImage

Imagethe Original Clearlogo:

Here are some other are some examples of vertical clearlogos:
Horizontal, I mean. Oh My God. My brain is kinda not working properly HAHHAHAHAHAHAH

(2022-06-05, 03:48)ChiTianJoPajie Wrote: I explored this skin yesterday and I discovered the the clearlogo that replaces the text only looks good when the logo is vertical. But I really love your skins, especially both AHs, thank you for making the Wink .

Single line logos will always look better for titles than double line logos that are stacked - not much I can do about that from the skin side of things.

Tmdbhelper will try to crop unused space from the logo to get a good fit but it still requires the user to be selective about their initial clearlogo choices to look the best. I can't change what the user/scraper chooses!

(2022-06-05, 04:00)Chiggy Wrote:
(2022-06-05, 03:53)jurialmunkey Wrote: Yes, autoscroll widgets definitely planned, just haven't quite got to it yet

Ok thank you! 
Also I forgot to ask this in my earlier post, but was the "See similar movies" option removed in AH2?
Do you mean the "similar" button that appeared in the library row views?

That's moved to context menu (long press on an item for remote or c on keyboard). It's the "fire" [emoji91] icon in the context menu quick nav icon row.

You can also get recommendations etc widgets by scrolling down in the info dialog (or also scrolling down directly from scrollbar in horizontal row library views)

This way it is accessible in every view, not just for the rows.