Kodi Community Forum
Beta Arctic Horizon 2 - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Development (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Skinning (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+---- Forum: WIP Skins (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=160)
+---- Thread: Beta Arctic Horizon 2 (/showthread.php?tid=367352)

RE: Arctic Horizon 2 - Patkino - 2022-06-10

(2022-06-05, 13:05)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2022-06-05, 12:45)Patkino Wrote: May we get horizon 1 sizes back? Current interface objects seem to me a bit too zoomed in, especially on large screens

No. There is no pleasing everyone. My reference point is a 50" tv.

People will always complain that things are too big / too small / too close together / too far apart no matter what I do. People constantly complained about fonts being too SMALL in AH1. I feel like AH2 has a good balance for most use cases.
At least maybe copy AH1 homescreen setup to fit exactly 2 rows of not expanded poster/landscape widgets?
I'm sure it does make sense..

RE: Arctic Horizon 2 - sabre6 - 2022-06-10

Agree. TVH loads a lot faster. Nice.

RE: Arctic Horizon 2 - mash2k3 - 2022-06-10

(2022-06-10, 20:39)Patkino Wrote:
(2022-06-05, 13:05)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2022-06-05, 12:45)Patkino Wrote: May we get horizon 1 sizes back? Current interface objects seem to me a bit too zoomed in, especially on large screens

No. There is no pleasing everyone. My reference point is a 50" tv.

People will always complain that things are too big / too small / too close together / too far apart no matter what I do. People constantly complained about fonts being too SMALL in AH1. I feel like AH2 has a good balance for most use cases.
At least maybe copy AH1 homescreen setup to fit exactly 2 rows of not expanded poster/landscape widgets?

I thought the same thing until i changed the setting for expand info to full for widget view

I guess it would make sense to make it fit 2 rows if that setting is set to none, but that would depend on how much it will affect the structure of code

RE: Arctic Horizon 2 - Patkino - 2022-06-10

(2022-06-10, 21:41)mash2k3 Wrote:
(2022-06-10, 20:39)Patkino Wrote:
(2022-06-05, 13:05)jurialmunkey Wrote: No. There is no pleasing everyone. My reference point is a 50" tv.

I thought the same thing until i changed the setting for expand info to full for widget view

I guess it would make sense to make it fit 2 rows if that setting is set to none, but that would depend on how much it will affect the structure of code

You're right. I use full expand too.
But
1. When I'm on the upper homescreen menu scrolling - info is not expanded. And only half of second widget showing disturbs my OCD feelings, as it looks a little messy)
2. And I build setups for my parents/aunts etc, and they get confused with lots of info on the homescreen, so full expand is not their game))

RE: Arctic Horizon 2 - Edworld - 2022-06-10

Jurialmunkey:

Thanks for including the path info

RE: Arctic Horizon 2 - binsadik - 2022-06-10

hi
When searching for an Arabic subtitles, a different country code appears

The correct code appears here

RE: Arctic Horizon 2 - jamesdm - 2022-06-11

(2022-06-10, 11:54)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2022-06-10, 03:11)jamesdm Wrote: I found something strange when i was browsing the movies.

Could you try 0.1.28 and see if that fixes it?
https://github.com/jurialmunkey/skin.arctic.horizon.2/releases/tag/v0.1.28

I think it might be because that movie has movie codec info but only has channels/languages for audio and not audio codec info (in which case 0.1.28 should fix)
Working great now.
PD: The info of the stream ins't woking (when O is pressed)

RE: Arctic Horizon 2 - jurialmunkey - 2022-06-11

(2022-06-10, 23:43)binsadik Wrote: hi
When searching for an Arabic subtitles, a different country code appears

The correct code appears here

Flag code is supplied by the subtitles addon. Check in Estuary to confirm.

(2022-06-10, 22:46)Edworld Wrote: Jurialmunkey:

Thanks for including the path info
Yeah im not happy with it still! Long paths don't display well if there are no spaces to break the line on.

At first I thought the location was good because it makes sense to group with refresh and artwork select - but the space issue is a problem so trying to find a better location for it that isn't disruptive.

(2022-06-10, 19:44)Qirat77 Wrote: Really impressed with pvr guide and recordings windows - so elegant and clean. The thing I most appreciate is tvheadend loading in so much faster on boot compared to AH - saves me waiting anywhere up to a minute on the home screen in order to play a live channel. Great work.
I'm really glad to hear that pvr works well!

I have no over the air reception at my house, so I rely on iptv instead. Since iptv doesn't have many of the features a true pvr setup would have, I have to guess a bit in terms of what would work well for things like recordings - so it is great to hear that my guesses worked well!

(2022-06-10, 22:01)Patkino Wrote:
(2022-06-10, 21:41)mash2k3 Wrote:
(2022-06-10, 20:39)Patkino Wrote: At least maybe copy AH1 homescreen setup to fit exactly 2 rows of not expanded poster/landscape widgets?

You're right. I use full expand too.
But
1. When I'm on the upper homescreen menu scrolling - info is not expanded. And only half of second widget showing disturbs my OCD feelings, as it looks a little messy)
2. And I build setups for my parents/aunts etc, and they get confused with lots of info on the homescreen, so full expand is not their game))
Widgets are always centred by design so that content is always on the same position on screen.

Once you acclimatise to this system it is better for your eyes and more intuitive because you eyes do not have to scan to find things as the position is always as expected.

It is also more intuitive because it makes it explicitly clear which widget is focused and which widget is next. When scrolling it is more intuitive because you can clearly see if there is a next or previous widget.

Likely you just haven't acclimatised to the new system yet, so your brain is still expecting things to be in the old positions of AH1.

I'm not saying there are no benefits to the system in AH1, only that I think the benefits of the new system outweigh those in the old.

RE: Arctic Horizon 2 - mash2k3 - 2022-06-11

Jurailmunkey any plans on including codec/provider/network info on widgets view? Or do you think the design of AH2 wont allow it?

RE: Arctic Horizon 2 - ycodryn - 2022-06-11

Can we have a disable search men option? As not using the search function, it will be much cleaner without magnifier search icon. For me is not showing the in progress view status icon near movie name. Now I don't know what movies I started to view 😂. And when playing some already viewed movie, is ignoring the resume function from kodi and is asking what to do.. play from beginning, resume.

(2022-06-11, 03:15)mash2k3 Wrote: Jurailmunkey any plans on including codec/provider/network info on widgets view? Or do you think the design of AH2 wont allow it?

I had tried it previously but I found it clashed quite a bit with the next widget. The overlap made things cluttered and hard to read.

It is at the back of my mind as something that I would like to include but I haven't found a good solution yet.

RE: Arctic Horizon 2 - ChiTianJoPajie - 2022-06-11

HOW DO YOU DISABLE THE SEARCH BAR? THANK YOU!