Kodi Community Forum
Beta Arctic Horizon 2 - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Development (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Skinning (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+---- Forum: WIP Skins (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=160)
+---- Thread: Beta Arctic Horizon 2 (/showthread.php?tid=367352)

RE: Arctic Horizon 2 - hanherazar - 2022-06-16

(2022-06-15, 05:27)drinfernoo Wrote:
(2022-06-15, 02:13)hanherazar Wrote: Great skin!
How do i display the plot and information above the movie and tv series poster like you? Mine stays under the poster, like their own section.

I’ve circled out what i mean. Image

Change the viewtype.
Thanks for answering! I have tried every viewtype but can’t seem to find this spesific viewtype.. i use posters, but everytime the plot get displayed under the poster.. which viewtype do you think it is? Thank you again 🤗 i have added a picture of how it looks on my end! Image

RE: Arctic Horizon 2 - jurialmunkey - 2022-06-16

(2022-06-16, 16:29)ray2301 Wrote: Image

Code:
                    <control type="image">
                        <texture background="true" diffuse="$PARAM[diffuse]">$INFO[ListItem.Icon]</texture>
                        <aspectratio scalediffuse="false" align="left">keep</aspectratio>
                        <bordersize>20</bordersize>
                        <width>200</width>
                        <height>170</height>
                        <top>150</top>
                        <bottom>20</bottom>
                        <right>0</right>
                        <align>right</align>
                        <visible>!String.IsEmpty(ListItem.EPGEventIcon)</visible>
                    </control>

this looks good for a big landscape widget. i've added this to Layout_BigLandscape and now it shows a small channel logo but only over those widgets that do have EPGeventicon.
when EPGeventicon is missing, the widget only shows channel logo (icon). this way it does not affect other viewtypes (movies, tvshows).
it would be good to show that because without it you don't know what channel that is (big landscape widget and small landscape widget do not show channel name).

Unfortunately channel logos really vary quite a bit which makes it difficult to implement well.

I use two Australian IPTV services - one which is all our free to air channels, and then another one via BiNGE which is basically Australian Foxtel cable tv packaged as a streaming service. The free to air have transparent logos, but the BiNGE channels has logos with opaque backgrounds.

It's frustrating because there's no way to determine if channel logos are clearlogos or landscape icons so it is pretty much impossible to tell if the logo will be suitable.

RE: Arctic Horizon 2 - ray2301 - 2022-06-16

(2022-06-16, 14:21)Grumpyman Wrote: great skin

How do you get episode thumbs instead of series fanart for tv shows?

On the default skin i get the episode thumbs but not in AH2.

i am using embyforkodi if that matters

thanks
for me it shows episode thumbs when they're available, when not it only shows fanart.

(2022-06-16, 16:47)hanherazar Wrote:
(2022-06-15, 05:27)drinfernoo Wrote:
(2022-06-15, 02:13)hanherazar Wrote: Great skin!
How do i display the plot and information above the movie and tv series poster like you? Mine stays under the poster, like their own section.

I’ve circled out what i mean. Image

Change the viewtype.
Thanks for answering! I have tried every viewtype but can’t seem to find this spesific viewtype.. i use posters, but everytime the plot get displayed under the poster.. which viewtype do you think it is? Thank you again 🤗 i have added a picture of how it looks on my end! Image

That is a widget. Widgets have "Styles" not "Viewtypes".

The original image you posted is from the library. The library has an expanded range of viewtypes that are not possible with widgets.

RE: Arctic Horizon 2 - hanherazar - 2022-06-16

(2022-06-16, 16:53)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2022-06-16, 16:47)hanherazar Wrote:
(2022-06-15, 05:27)drinfernoo Wrote: Change the viewtype.

That is a widget.

The original image you posted is from the library. The library has an expanded range of view types.

Oh okay! So i won't be able to get information about the plot above the poster if its a widget im using? thanks for the fast reply!

(2022-06-16, 15:35)tekhop Wrote: This is absolutely the best skin I tried, I'm only missing 1 or 2 things that would make it perfect:
1- is it possible to add weather widget as in your other skin eminence?
2- (this is probably very much harder) would it be possible to create a widget with a "mini-epg" with maybe the last 4 or 5 played channels? I've seen it in arctic zephyr - see image attached

1. Not currently. Maybe in the future.
2. Nope. A widget with vertical scrolling does not work well in a multi widget setup designed around horizontal scrolling.

(2022-06-16, 16:51)jurialmunkey Wrote: Unfortunately channel logos really vary quite a bit which makes it difficult to implement well.

I use two Australian IPTV services - one which is all our free to air channels, and then another one via BiNGE which is basically Australian Foxtel cable tv packaged as a streaming service. The free to air have transparent logos, but the BiNGE channels has logos with opaque backgrounds.

It's frustrating because there's no way to determine if channel logos are clearlogos or landscape icons so it is pretty much impossible to tell if the logo will be suitable.
then maybe a small label on them when they're showing epgeventicon? just to know what channel it is.

(2022-06-16, 16:51)jurialmunkey Wrote: It's frustrating because there's no way to determine if channel logos are clearlogos or landscape icons so it is pretty much impossible to tell if the logo will be suitable.

this actually frustrated me before because my providers logos were all over the place. so i decided to use mine. since i'm using PVR simle addon for tv, i can use my own.
there's an option in kodi's settings pvr settings and in pvrsimple addon's settings for that.
so i made a folder for the icons and searched for transparent icons. if i couldn't find them, i made my own. and now they're all transparent Smile
they just needed to be named correctly.

RE: Arctic Horizon 2 - Mongoose18 - 2022-06-16

Thankyou

Arctic Horizon 2 - GuiZ - 2022-06-16

Hi Jurialmunkey,

First, thx for this new masterpiece. Just switch to matrix and I really love it.
I noticed that clear logo could be large or small depending of the movie. It doesn’t happened on AZ2
An idea ?

Can you consider adding support for AEL. For the moment, there’s only view with square.
I miss a view with poster and a view with landscape that shows box front/poster for snes and N64.
I can easily understand that’s not a priority but if you can think to it

Anyway, thx again for your job

RE: Arctic Horizon 2 - Fuchs2468 - 2022-06-17

(2022-06-16, 22:12)GuiZ Wrote: I noticed that clear logo could be large or small depending of the movie. It doesn’t happened on AZ2
An idea ?

Yes scaling is missing for clearlogo.

RE: Arctic Horizon 2 - jurialmunkey - 2022-06-17

(2022-06-17, 00:52)Fuchs2468 Wrote:
(2022-06-16, 22:12)GuiZ Wrote: I noticed that clear logo could be large or small depending of the movie. It doesn’t happened on AZ2
An idea ?

Yes scaling is missing for clearlogo.

Nothing to do with scaling. Tmdbhelper crops empty vertical space from the items logo to get a better fit.

I can't magically make it so you have better artwork that suits being used as a title. You still need to choose suitable artwork yourself.

Both the kodi library and tmdbh allow selecting your own artwork. If you're using a different addon that doesn't allow selecting your own artwork then ask the addon author to add that functionality.

RE: Arctic Horizon 2 - Japangelo - 2022-06-17

Ehy jurial I noticed that the landscape list and landscape info list do not work with touchscreen.. Is it possible to make them work with touch devices? Thanks

RE: Arctic Horizon 2 - Fuchs2468 - 2022-06-17

I have tested it in my Titan Mod.
SHS deactivated, what comes from tmdb helper is also scaled.

this is my skin code:
xml:
                    <!-- clearlogo -->
                    <control type="image">
                        <height>240</height>
                        <width>600</width>
                        <aspectratio align="left" aligny="bottom">keep</aspectratio>
                        <texture background="true" fallback="colors/color_transparent.png">$VAR[ListItemClearLogo]</texture>
                        <visible>!$EXP[NoClearlogo]</visible>
                    </control>
                    <!-- Label, no clearlogo -->
                    <control type="label">
                        <height>240</height>
                        <width>600</width>
                        <wrapmultiline>true</wrapmultiline>
                        <include condition="Skin.HasSetting(UseHelveticaNeueNetflix_font)">font_Netflix_Title</include>
                        <include condition="!Skin.HasSetting(UseHelveticaNeueNetflix_font)">font_Def_Title</include>
                        <align>left</align>
                        <aligny>center</aligny>
                        <textcolor>$INFO[Skin.String(ViewNetfixHighlightTextColor)]</textcolor>
                        <label>$VAR[HomeMenuWidgetInfoLabel]</label>
                        <visible>$EXP[NoClearlogo]</visible>
                    </control>
Here are some pictures as an example.
They are all the same clearlogos.

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

RE: Arctic Horizon 2 - inihendrix - 2022-06-17

First off all, I'm glad that I was able to send you a few coffees @jurialmunkey !!!

Secondly, I have a suggestion for your PVR OSD - on AH1 while holding OK (middle button on remote) while watching Live TV it brings up a mini channel guide on the left of the screen. You have this same mechanic in AH2 however, you aren't able to switch between groups by pressing left/right. I wasn't sure if you were aware of this and already fixing it or if I'm helping by mentioning but I found that feature very helpful and think Live TV users would as well

Other than that, I'm excited for all of the future updates of this awesome skin!