Kodi Community Forum
Beta Arctic Horizon 2 - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Development (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Skinning (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+---- Forum: WIP Skins (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=160)
+---- Thread: Beta Arctic Horizon 2 (/showthread.php?tid=367352)

Arctic Horizon 2 - GuiZ - 2022-06-17

(2022-06-17, 02:48)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2022-06-17, 00:52)Fuchs2468 Wrote:
(2022-06-16, 22:12)GuiZ Wrote: I noticed that clear logo could be large or small depending of the movie. It doesn’t happened on AZ2
An idea ?

Yes scaling is missing for clearlogo.

Nothing to do with scaling. Tmdbhelper crops empty vertical space from the items logo to get a better fit.

I can't magically make it so you have better artwork that suits being used as a title. You still need to choose suitable artwork yourself.

Both the kodi library and tmdbh allow selecting your own artwork. If you're using a different addon that doesn't allow selecting your own artwork then ask the addon author to add that functionality.

It’s weird. I don’t have this problem with other skin.
When I try to navigate in tmdbh, I encounter the same problem : it’s not my library and not my media art.
Between, all my media art come from fanart TV and were downloaded with artwork beef.

RE: Arctic Horizon 2 - Kokonutcreme - 2022-06-17

(2022-06-17, 02:48)jurialmunkey Wrote: I can't magically make it so you have better artwork that suits being used as a title.
Correct, the fact of the matter is, clearlogos on fanart.tv must adhere to site rules to be submitted and published.  Not all clearlogos are aligned in a consistent manner or have uniform size.  In spite of JM's valiant attempt after a while I decided to switch logos off and use light font instead so its a consistent user experience when browsing.

RE: Arctic Horizon 2 - jurialmunkey - 2022-06-17

(2022-06-17, 06:07)Japangelo Wrote: Ehy jurial I noticed that the landscape list and landscape info list do not work with touchscreen.. Is it possible to make them work with touch devices? Thanks

Oh weird - the hidden plot box is interfering with the click through. Will be fixed in next release (v0.1.47)

(2022-06-17, 06:18)Fuchs2468 Wrote: I have tested it in my Titan Mod.
SHS deactivated, what comes from tmdb helper is also scaled.

Please read my original comment. The logo is being **cropped** NOT **scaled**.

The clearlogos in Arctic Horizon 2 use **keep** aspectratio NOT **scale**.

TMDbHelper crops empty transparent vertical space to get a better vertical alignment that matches the height of the title font. Clearlogos that are very tall and narrow or very wide and short will not look good for the purposes of being a title font regardless of what is done with them.

(2022-06-17, 08:24)inihendrix Wrote: First off all, I'm glad that I was able to send you a few coffees @jurialmunkey !!!

Secondly, I have a suggestion for your PVR OSD - on AH1 while holding OK (middle button on remote) while watching Live TV it brings up a mini channel guide on the left of the screen. You have this same mechanic in AH2 however, you aren't able to switch between groups by pressing left/right. I wasn't sure if you were aware of this and already fixing it or if I'm helping by mentioning but I found that feature very helpful and think Live TV users would as well

Other than that, I'm excited for all of the future updates of this awesome skin!

Thanks! Big Grin

Yep definitely on the list of things to add: https://github.com/jurialmunkey/skin.arctic.horizon.2/issues/71

RE: Arctic Horizon 2 - myshield81 - 2022-06-17

First and foremost, I'm a huge fan, and I have to say this is easily shaping up to be your best work to date. Im loving AH2 so far. I'm excited to download each and every update. 

Now to my question

Are you planning on adding sort by options or any other options to Fullscreen widgets? I prefer mine to be randomized so Im not always looking at the same ones when I open up Kodi. Obviously this is just a vanity wish and is low on the totem poll of what you're updating and working on. Just a feature I'm currently wishing for.

Oh one more question real quick. This may not be a skin issue, might be more of a TMDB Helper issue, or perhaps a setting issue on my end. Could even be a Kodi issue. I'm not sure. 

Trakt sync issues on episodes I've watched elsewhere but should register on Trakt as watched. 

For example, my girlfriend uses syncler, refuses to use Kodi, but we share a Trakt account, and I've noticed since using AH2 that shows and movies watched on other applications are no longer syncing up with TMDB Helper widgets or elsewhere.

Another reason for this error could have to do with the fact that I continued to use recently deactivated addons, but have since stopped that. 

Is there a way to force sync TMDB Helper with Trakt so this problem goes away, or is this just something that comes with using multiple applications? 

Sorry if this is the inappropriate place for this question but I'm unsure of where the error is currently, and it's only something I've noticed since the switch to AH2, but I'm aware it may have nothing to do with the skin. But perhaps the new iteration of TMDB Helper?

RE: Arctic Horizon 2 - FOXYZ - 2022-06-17

@jurialmunkey 

Ok, sorry for the long delay because i had to rebuild everything on a Shield Pro.

I ll be directly brutally honest : You're a mad man. The skins is totally another level. It's just amazing.. and it's still in alpha! Looking now for the link to buy a truck of coffee man! Really... kudos for the quality and all the thoughts that went in. I m literally excited and amazed at the same time. Also it's so smooth and fast! 

Just couple of things :
- as i mentioned earlier., any chance in the future to have an option to hide all the icons regarding services you can stream the content from  (or the informations about the local movie as codecs etc) ? personally feels a bit too much and kinda advertisement  Tongue  i tried via code to hide on my side to see how it will look, and it seems super clean without. So yeah.. maybe in the future a radio button as option would be great  Love
- can be possible to add the studio icon also on the landscape widget without clicking to get into for extra informations? 
- is there any chance to set a fanart background when you hover on widget posters from the home? 

All in all, crazy job! Can wait for future updates and improvements. Thanks again!

RE: Arctic Horizon 2 - hanherazar - 2022-06-17

(2022-06-17, 14:41)FOXYZ Wrote: @jurialmunkey 

Ok, sorry for the long delay because i had to rebuild everything on a Shield Pro.

I ll be directly brutally honest : You're a mad man. The skins is totally another level. It's just amazing.. and it's still in alpha! Looking now for the link to buy a truck of coffee man! Really... kudos for the quality and all the thoughts that went in. I m literally excited and amazed at the same time. Also it's so smooth and fast! 

Just couple of things :
- as i mentioned earlier., any chance in the future to have an option to hide all the icons regarding services you can stream the content from  (or the informations about the local movie as codecs etc) ? personally feels a bit too much and kinda advertisement  Tongue  i tried via code to hide on my side to see how it will look, and it seems super clean without. So yeah.. maybe in the future a radio button as option would be great  Love
- can be possible to add the studio icon also on the landscape widget without clicking to get into for extra informations? 
- is there any chance to set a fanart background when you hover on widget posters from the home? 

All in all, crazy job! Can wait for future updates and improvements. Thanks again!
Well, you and i have different prefenceses. I came on here to ask about how to ENABLE the different icons where you can stream content. I have looked everywhere but can't seem to find a button or tab to make it be availiable on a widget on the main menu... Does anybody know how to enable this?

I don't believe they show up under the widgets. Only under info, or if you browse directly into the addon to view the category you're looking at. 

I imagine you would need to first of all make sure that you have provided TMDB Helper with all of the various API codes before they will populate.

A good rule of thumb is to view the settings of all your add-ons and provide APIs. Secondly you should then go into add-on dependencies one by one and check if they have settings available and search those for the option of adding any APIs and provide them there as well. 

I have a saved base build where I've done this a long time ago and just load that backup so I'm unsure which specific add-on or dependency would do the trick. 

As far as I can tell currently though this is not a feature that is available to widgets.

RE: Arctic Horizon 2 - Cartman255 - 2022-06-17

@jurialmunkey 

This was the one i was on about...

Arctic Horizon 2 - GuiZ - 2022-06-17

(2022-06-17, 09:54)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2022-06-17, 06:18)Fuchs2468 Wrote: I have tested it in my Titan Mod.
SHS deactivated, what comes from tmdb helper is also scaled.

Please read my original comment. The logo is being **cropped** NOT **scaled**.

The clearlogos in Arctic Horizon 2 use **keep** aspectratio NOT **scale**.

TMDbHelper crops empty transparent vertical space to get a better vertical alignment that matches the height of the title font. Clearlogos that are very tall and narrow or very wide and short will not look good for the purposes of being a title font regardless of what is done with them.

Hi,

Ok I understand. Logo has to fit with title space. Can you imagine another way to diffuse logo instead of title? A majority of clearlogo doesn’t fit very well. On library we can select those more adapted but on addon like tmdbh with distant media art, we can’t choose.

Other point, when we are in library, I see a small clerlogo for a few seconds before a larger one( for media with art that perfectly fit the title case)

RE: Arctic Horizon 2 - Hardax - 2022-06-17

Very nice! This new skin might just get me back to using Kodi full time again!

PVR interface request.

I believe the default skin, when listing last played changed will show what is currently playing on that Chanel as part of the widget text? Also some skins will even show a progress bar as part fo the icon.

Any chance of that happening here? Would save having to pull up the guide or click into the channel itself to see what's on.

Thanks again!

(2022-06-17, 15:35)Cartman255 Wrote: @jurialmunkey 

This was the one i was on about...

Ah I completely forgot about that view! Not the one I was thinking of but I think something along those lines could link in nicely with this other idea on github for a combined vertical menu - https://github.com/jurialmunkey/skin.arctic.horizon.2/issues/70

I probably wouldn't implement exactly that view because I'm not sure it quite fits the style of the skin; but I do want to have a few views focused on episodes in a similarish style with a larger thumb and more of an expanded plot.

RE: Arctic Horizon 2 - ntilagoa - 2022-06-17

(2022-06-16, 12:53)ntilagoa Wrote: Hi
Don’t know if this as already been reported.
I use composite plugin (Plex) to play my library from tmdb helper and it works just fine if I choose a movie directly from tmdb helper.
If I go to main videos tab and choose a movie from popular sub it also play fine, however if I choose a movie and then go to similar movies and choose one of the similar movies it do not play (just appear msg loading but do nothing) . Same movie play just fine if I play it directly from tmdb helper.
Hope you understand what I mean. My English is not very good.
Thank you and keep up the good work

Hi @jurialmunkey
Sorry to insist, but when you have a bit please take a look at this.
Thank you very much.
Great work.