Kodi Community Forum
Beta Arctic Horizon 2 - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Development (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Skinning (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+---- Forum: WIP Skins (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=160)
+---- Thread: Beta Arctic Horizon 2 (/showthread.php?tid=367352)

RE: Arctic Horizon 2 - Coming Soon... - Launcher - 2022-03-14

Wow looks amazing can't wait to switch skins and try it out thank you for your hard work and having us enjoy these amazing skin .. thank you Smile

RE: Arctic Horizon 2 - Coming Soon... - AakashC2020 - 2022-03-14

Hi @jurialmunkey,

Could you please post screenshots of the info view of widgets on Home screen for this new skin like we currently have for Arctic Horizon? Also, is there going to be different options to change the info view of the widgets to flixart, keyart and clearart? Kindly suggest.

Thanks and Regards,
ShibajiCh.

RE: Arctic Horizon 2 - Coming Soon... - emiralem - 2022-03-14

can't wait for the release

RE: Arctic Horizon 2 - Coming Soon... - jurialmunkey - 2022-03-15

(2022-03-14, 13:38)ShibajiCh Wrote: Hi @jurialmunkey,

Could you please post screenshots of the info view of widgets on Home screen for this new skin like we currently have for Arctic Horizon? Also, is there going to be different options to change the info view of the widgets to flixart, keyart and clearart? Kindly suggest.

Thanks and Regards,
ShibajiCh.

The info view for widgets doesn't exist in AH2. I found the implementation to be over-complicated and buggy in AH1 -- it's basically the reason why there's that delay in the info updating when you switch widgets in AH1, so I don't want to replicate that issue again.

Also, it doesn't really suit the centered vertical alignment that the widgets have in AH2.

There will be some widget types which display more info but it won't be using the approach I used in AH1. I'm still testing a few things out and haven't really settled on something I like yet.

RE: Arctic Horizon 2 - Coming Soon... - ViewAfterReview - 2022-03-15

Will there by an option to switch profiles? I know it's not a use case for most users but I couldn't find a proper way to do it in AH.

RE: Arctic Horizon 2 - Coming Soon... - AakashC2020 - 2022-03-15

(2022-03-15, 09:15)jurialmunkey Wrote:

Thanks and Regards,
ShibajiCh.

The info view for widgets doesn't exist in AH2. I found the implementation to be over-complicated and buggy in AH1 -- it's basically the reason why there's that delay in the info updating when you switch widgets in AH1, so I don't want to replicate that issue again.

Also, it doesn't really suit the centered vertical alignment that the widgets have in AH2.

There will be some widget types which display more info but it won't be using the approach I used in AH1. I'm still testing a few things out and haven't really settled on something I like yet.

Hi @jurialmunkey,

Oh, so you mean we won't get Netflix like view in widgets with info like we used to get in Arctic Horizon similar to below?

That's really very disappointing for me as that's the best part for me in Arctic Horizon. Is there no way this can be implemented in Arctic Horizon 2 skin as an optional feature? I was really very excited about this new skin of yours. I've been using all your past skins since day one. If the Netflix style info view is not going to be there then I guess I've to keep using Arctic Horizon. 😕

Nevertheless, thanks for the great work that you're doing!

Thanks and Regards,
ShibajiCh.

(2022-03-15, 09:44)ShibajiCh Wrote:
(2022-03-15, 09:15)jurialmunkey Wrote:

Thanks and Regards,
ShibajiCh.

Hi @jurialmunkey,

Oh, so you mean we won't get Netflix like view in widgets with info like we used to get in Arctic Horizon similar to below?

That's really very disappointing for me as that's the best part for me in Arctic Horizon. Is there no way this can be implemented in Arctic Horizon 2 skin as an optional feature? I was really very excited about this new skin of yours. I've been using all your past skins since day one. If the Netflix style info view is not going to be there then I guess I've to keep using Arctic Horizon. [emoji53]

Thanks and Regards,
ShibajiCh.
There will be an info view of some type but it will function differently rather than directly replicating the library view.

That approach I was using causes issues for the centre alignment. It also requires a really hacky approach to the info in general which I'd like to avoid.

What I'm hoping to get working is something where the unfocused widget just looks like a normal widget but when it gets focus it expands to also display ratings and plot underneath.

Its a little difficult to explain but I have a pretty clear idea in my head and if I can get it working how I envisage then I'm pretty sure it will be well liked.

(2022-03-15, 09:38)ViewAfterReview Wrote: Will there by an option to switch profiles? I know it's not a use case for most users but I couldn't find a proper way to do it in AH.
You should already be able to switch profiles in AH1. It's just a matter of adding a logout shortcut on the home screen.

RE: Arctic Horizon 2 - Coming Soon... - AakashC2020 - 2022-03-15

(2022-03-15, 10:50)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2022-03-15, 09:44)ShibajiCh Wrote:
(2022-03-15, 09:15)jurialmunkey Wrote: The info view for widgets doesn't exist in AH2. I found the implementation to be over-complicated and buggy in AH1 -- it's basically the reason why there's that delay in the info updating when you switch widgets in AH1, so I don't want to replicate that issue again.

Hi @jurialmunkey,

That's really very disappointing for me as that's the best part for me in Arctic Horizon. Is there no way this can be implemented in Arctic Horizon 2 skin as an optional feature? I was really very excited about this new skin of yours. I've been using all your past skins since day one. If the Netflix style info view is not going to be there then I guess I've to keep using Arctic Horizon. [emoji53]

Thanks and Regards,
ShibajiCh.
There will be an info view of some type but it will function differently rather than directly replicating the library view.

That approach I was using causes issues for the centre alignment. It also requires a really hacky approach to the info in general which I'd like to avoid.

What I'm hoping to get working is something where the unfocused widget just looks like a normal widget but when it gets focus it expands to also display ratings and plot underneath.

Its a little difficult to explain but I have a pretty clear idea in my head and if I can get it working how I envisage then I'm pretty sure it will be well liked.

Hi @jurialmunkey,

Thank you! That sounds really great! Eagerly waiting to try out this skin as soon as it is released. 🙂

Thanks and Regards,
ShibajiCh.

RE: Arctic Horizon 2 - Coming Soon... - KT44 - 2022-03-15

How can we get flix view on home screen? I only can do Flix view when I click on single widget "see more"

RE: Arctic Horizon 2 - Coming Soon... - ronfrankhill - 2022-03-15

Hi @jurialmunkey,
There's a feature from another skin call Emby from another developer. On the main menu for settings the user can forced check for updates for dependencies etc. Instead of going through each individual dependencies, add-ons, repos etc in settings. Would it be possible to implement that feature in AH2? Just asking.

RE: Arctic Horizon 2 - Coming Soon... - jurialmunkey - 2022-03-16

(2022-03-15, 19:17)KT44 Wrote: How can we get flix view on home screen? I only can do Flix view when I click on single widget "see more"
Mate this skin is not released yet.

RE: Arctic Horizon 2 - Coming Soon... - jurialmunkey - 2022-03-16

(2022-03-15, 22:17)ronfrankhill Wrote: Hi @jurialmunkey,
There's a feature from another skin call Emby from another developer. On the main menu for settings the user can forced check for updates for dependencies etc. Instead of going through each individual dependencies, add-ons, repos etc in settings. Would it be possible to implement that feature in AH2? Just asking.
Hmm that's an interesting idea. Do you mean Embruary? I don't know a skin called Emby...

RE: Arctic Horizon 2 - Coming Soon... - hoopsdavis - 2022-03-16

Very nice as usual

RE: Arctic Horizon 2 - Coming Soon... - ronfrankhill - 2022-03-16

@jurialmunkey Yes. It's the Embruary skin aka Emby. That skin has a feature also to show all the dependencies for each individual add-ons before the user install it.