Kodi Community Forum
Beta Arctic Horizon 2 - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Development (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Skinning (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+---- Forum: WIP Skins (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=160)
+---- Thread: Beta Arctic Horizon 2 (/showthread.php?tid=367352)

RE: Arctic Horizon 2 - alladeen - 2022-06-30

Hello Jurialmunkey, Thanks for the great skin, i am a great fan of your work from day one since i started using kodi on my android TV i am using AH1 and AH2 is really an excellent upgrade but in compare to AH1 AH2 load very slow, i only have a few widgets in my interface PVR, Movies and TV Shows, widgets loading time is 3 times more then AH1. Could you please check whats wrong. When i switch back to AH1 everything loads very fast and also switching PVR Channels is also slow on AH2.
Thank for you work, Keep it up

RE: Arctic Horizon 2 - jurialmunkey - 2022-06-30

(2022-06-30, 11:07)alladeen Wrote: Hello Jurialmunkey, Thanks for the great skin, i am a great fan of your work from day one since i started using kodi on my android TV i am using AH1 and AH2 is really an excellent upgrade but in compare to AH1 AH2 load very slow, i only have a few widgets in my interface PVR, Movies and TV Shows, widgets loading time is 3 times more then AH1. Could you please check whats wrong. When i switch back to AH1 everything loads very fast and also switching PVR Channels is also slow on AH2.
Thank for you work, Keep it up

Skins don't really have any effect on how fast or slow content loads. You've probably added something as a widget that is slow loading.

RE: Arctic Horizon 2 - alprio - 2022-06-30

skin awesome. 
Great job. love it.

I would love to see in a future update the ability to auto play trailers.

Well done mate

RE: Arctic Horizon 2 - Cartman255 - 2022-06-30

(2022-06-29, 13:27)myshield81 Wrote: Is there a way to prevent the skin from reloading widgets everytime I leave and return to the home screen? It's a pain to be forced to wait for them all to repopulate if you just want to view a category or browse a link.

Thanks for all your help and for this amazing skin!

Same with me... shield 2017 with Kodi 19.4, other skins widgets load virtually straight away including AZ2 and AH1?

@jurialmunkey any idea what could be causing this? (imdbhelper has all keys installed for data and pictures plus reading from media on hard drives)

RE: Arctic Horizon 2 - rapteev - 2022-06-30

Hi

Guys, come on.
@jurialmunkey already answer that. At least read the posts before asking something. It’s easy.

RE: Arctic Horizon 2 - Qirat77 - 2022-07-01

Hey @jurialmunkey. Some feedback re. v0.2.13…

Excellent, the skin now loads straight in on my osmc/Linux device (previously the loading wheel continuously spun on splash screen until back button was pressed).

Bummer…pvr (tvheadend) now seems to wait until all widgets have loaded before making live tv channels available.

If it’s intentional and how it has to be, it’s a trade-off I’m willing to make for such a great skin, but loved how quickly live tv was accessible previously.

RE: Arctic Horizon 2 - jamesdm - 2022-07-01

Hi Jurial question and request.
In the subtitle addons screen the name of the video file hides the action that is being performed (searching or downloading the subtitle).
Can this be modified so that both things are visible at the same time?

RE: Arctic Horizon 2 - jurialmunkey - 2022-07-01

(2022-07-01, 00:09)Qirat77 Wrote: Hey @jurialmunkey. Some feedback re. v0.2.13…

Excellent, the skin now loads straight in on my osmc/Linux device (previously the loading wheel continuously spun on splash screen until back button was pressed).

Bummer…pvr (tvheadend) now seems to wait until all widgets have loaded before making live tv channels available.

If it’s intentional and how it has to be, it’s a trade-off I’m willing to make for such a great skin, but loved how quickly live tv was accessible previously.
Skin doesn't control that.

Likely what happened before was the delay sitting on the init screen gave time for your pvr client/backend to load first before the home screen widgets started loading. Now because there's not the delay, both are trying to load at once.

I might be able to add an option to wait on the initialisation screen until pvr has loaded. I'll have a look.

RE: Arctic Horizon 2 - BoosterSilver - 2022-07-01

Hi @jurialmunkey,

AH2 is amazing and getting better with every update. It's everything I've ever wanted Kodi to be.

I don't know if this is a glitch or not, but poster views are  cutting off the edge of the poster images to the point where it's cutting off some words at the bottom of some posters. I noticed there's a small cut off in regular poster view and when hovering over a show or movie in big poster view, it slices off even more.

Image Image

I'm obsessive about making sure all my local posters are 2000x3000 to prevent any weird issues so I'm kinda baffled.

Is there a setting that can potentially fix this or is this simply an unfortunate side-effect of how the poster views/transitions have to work?

(2022-07-01, 03:55)BoosterSilver Wrote: Hi @jurialmunkey,

AH2 is amazing and getting better with every update. It's everything I've ever wanted Kodi to be.

I don't know if this is a glitch or not, but poster views are  cutting off the edge of the poster images to the point where it's cutting off some words at the bottom of some posters. I noticed there's a small cut off in regular poster view and when hovering over a show or movie in big poster view, it slices off even more.

I'm obsessive about making sure all my local posters are 2000x3000 to prevent any weird issues so I'm kinda baffled.

Is there a setting that can potentially fix this or is this simply an unfortunate side-effect of how the poster views/transitions have to work?

Posters are tricky because there's two different standards.

Theres the 2:3 ratio that your posters are (1000x1500 or 2000x3000) and then there's a a 17:25 (680x1000) ratio used by TVDb and few others.

The Big Poster in that view uses the wider ratio mostly out of necessity for spacing and sizing consistency. It's definitely not perfect but it is also a really complex view to achieve so it is quite difficult to adjust properly with the animations.

(2022-07-01, 03:18)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2022-07-01, 00:09)Qirat77 Wrote: Hey @jurialmunkey. Some feedback re. v0.2.13…

Skin doesn't control that.

Likely what happened before was the delay sitting on the init screen gave time for your pvr client/backend to load first before the home screen widgets started loading. Now because there's not the delay, both are trying to load at once.

I might be able to add an option to wait on the initialisation screen until pvr has loaded. I'll have a look.

@Qirat77 - Could you test v0.2.14? The loading screen should now wait for PVR to load channels if you have PVR addons enabled.

RE: Arctic Horizon 2 - Qirat77 - 2022-07-01

(2022-07-01, 04:57)jurialmunkey Wrote: Could you test v0.2.14? The loading screen should now wait for PVR to load channels if you have PVR addons enabled.

Ah mate, works like a charm. Thank you! 🙏

RE: Arctic Horizon 2 - FOXYZ - 2022-07-01

@jurialmunkey  Hi! 

i ve seen in the recent releases, the skin dependancies list has been added  Blush In the list it's mentioning Up Next. Considering there were some chats on GitHub regarding that, it's suppose to connect the up next (while hovering on the stop button) into Up Next module already ?

Thanks a lot

RE: Arctic Horizon 2 - Hashybot - 2022-07-01

Sorry if this has been asked, but is it possible to use a single static image as the background for each category similar to AH1? I know it's possible to browse to an image folder, but you have to use the entire folder of images instead of picking one. The other question was, is there a weather widget for the weather screen? I couldn't seem to find it. Any help is greatly appreciated.

(2022-07-01, 09:59)FOXYZ Wrote: @jurialmunkey  Hi! 

i ve seen in the recent releases, the skin dependancies list has been added  Blush In the list it's mentioning Up Next. Considering there were some chats on GitHub regarding that, it's suppose to connect the up next (while hovering on the stop button) into Up Next module already ?

Thanks a lot

Up next plays the next item in the queue as a pop up during the credits at the top of the screen (eg Netflix style "continue watching" notification)

Nothing to do with the stop button playlist.

Up next is already skinned (only the "fancy" version not "simple" though). It already works and I use it all the time.