Kodi Community Forum
Beta Arctic Horizon 2 - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Development (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Skinning (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+---- Forum: WIP Skins (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=160)
+---- Thread: Beta Arctic Horizon 2 (/showthread.php?tid=367352)

RE: Arctic Horizon 2 - TheGoosty - 2022-07-04

Whenever I try to update AH2 I just get a black screen after clicking ok. Even downloading the latest ZIP from your Github. I tried clearing cache and all sorts. Anyone else experience this before?

RE: Arctic Horizon 2 - Nekromantik - 2022-07-04

(2022-07-04, 20:11)TheGoosty Wrote: Whenever I try to update AH2 I just get a black screen after clicking ok. Even downloading the latest ZIP from your Github. I tried clearing cache and all sorts. Anyone else experience this before?

I get something similar but no one replied last time.
I can update to latest from older version but then after choosing anything from home screen it goes to blank screen and then Kodi reboots

RE: Arctic Horizon 2 - Blackysb - 2022-07-04

(2022-07-04, 20:51)Nekromantik Wrote:
(2022-07-04, 20:11)TheGoosty Wrote: Whenever I try to update AH2 I just get a black screen after clicking ok. Even downloading the latest ZIP from your Github. I tried clearing cache and all sorts. Anyone else experience this before?

I can update to latest from older version but then after choosing anything from home screen it goes to blank screen and then Kodi reboots
Yes just be patient it will go black and then come back to home screen.

RE: Arctic Horizon 2 - Nekromantik - 2022-07-04

(2022-07-04, 21:22)Blackysb Wrote:
(2022-07-04, 20:51)Nekromantik Wrote:

nope
after it reboots same thing happens when you choose a tv show or movie
a full reboot does not fix it. only fix is to switch to different skin and then remove AH2 and re install it

RE: Arctic Horizon 2 - travioso304 - 2022-07-05

(2022-07-04, 23:34)Nekromantik Wrote:
(2022-07-04, 21:22)Blackysb Wrote:
(2022-07-04, 20:51)Nekromantik Wrote: I get something similar but no one replied last time.
nope
after it reboots same thing happens when you choose a tv show or movie
a full reboot does not fix it. only fix is to switch to different skin and then remove AH2 and re install it
Check the dependencies on the first page.  I've had the same issue when one of them received an update (a few have in recent days).  Has happened twice to me in the past week or two.

RE: Arctic Horizon 2 - ChiTianJoPajie - 2022-07-05

It Worked! Thank you so much!

RE: Arctic Horizon 2 - talgold3 - 2022-07-05

Just wanted to say thank you for the RTL language fix!

RE: Arctic Horizon 2 - Rastan - 2022-07-05

Hi, First I would like to say a massive thank you for creating such a beautiful skin!
I noticed there is a setting missing for Monitor under display settings when using this skin. I have 2 screens my PC monitor and the other the TV. Sometimes I need to move Kodi back to the TV screen when turning the TV on. At present I have to switch between skins to do it. Not sure if it is just me but here are some screenshots to illustrate.

This is from Kodi default skin and the setting is present.

Here is AH2 and the setting is missing

RE: Arctic Horizon 2 - Zurg - 2022-07-05

It's possible to add expand info also for actors info view 

RE: Arctic Horizon 2 - pejamas - 2022-07-06

Just thought I'd mention for any one using EmbyNextGen, the newest version 7.5.1 has fixed the episode thumbnail issue, they now show correctly instead of showing the landscape art.

RE: Arctic Horizon 2 - TheGoosty - 2022-07-06

Anyone else finding this skin takes a while to load widgets compared to AH1 or AZ2 for example? I'm on a 2019 shield pro. Have it setup the same way if I was to use one of those skins.

It's not a bad thing, I was just curious if it was just me.

RE: Arctic Horizon 2 - pejamas - 2022-07-06

(2022-07-06, 03:13)TheGoosty Wrote: Anyone else finding this skin takes a while to load widgets compared to AH1 or AZ2 for example? I'm on a 2019 shield pro. Have it setup the same way if I was to use one of those skins.

I had this issue when I first upgraded. However, after a clean install it's now the fastest loading experience I've had with a kodi skin.

RE: Arctic Horizon 2 - jurialmunkey - 2022-07-06

(2022-07-05, 16:47)Rastan Wrote: Hi, First I would like to say a massive thank you for creating such a beautiful skin!
I noticed there is a setting missing for Monitor under display settings when using this skin. I have 2 screens my PC monitor and the other the TV. Sometimes I need to move Kodi back to the TV screen when turning the TV on. At present I have to switch between skins to do it. Not sure if it is just me but here are some screenshots to illustrate.

Thanks for reporting this bug. Looks like I missed the spin and slider control templates in the settings window. Should be fixed in v0.2.27 which I just pushed a tag for so should show up in my repo soon

RE: Arctic Horizon 2 - brownX - 2022-07-06

(2022-07-06, 05:22)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2022-07-05, 16:47)Rastan Wrote: Hi, First I would like to say a massive thank you for creating such a beautiful skin!

Thanks for reporting this bug. Looks like I missed the spin and slider control templates in the settings window. Should be fixed in v0.2.27 which I just pushed a tag for so should show up in my repo soon

could u plz put generes info in widgets? for movie’s and shows

RE: Arctic Horizon 2 - jurialmunkey - 2022-07-06

(2022-07-06, 05:17)pejamas Wrote:
(2022-07-06, 03:13)TheGoosty Wrote: Anyone else finding this skin takes a while to load widgets compared to AH1 or AZ2 for example? I'm on a 2019 shield pro. Have it setup the same way if I was to use one of those skins.

I had this issue when I first upgraded. However, after a clean install it's now the fastest loading experience I've had with a kodi skin.

@pejamas - That makes sense because there was an update to the default skinshortcuts layout in v0.2.13 which should improve loading significantly on some systems.

@TheGoosty - I recommend making sure that you're on latest version of the skin and then resetting skinshortcuts by deleting its addon_data folder (resetting from the menu doesn't work as it only resets main menu not widgets - you have to delete the full config while Kodi is closed and then restart).
kodi/userdata/addon_data/script.skinshortcuts

The reason is that in earlier versions, the fallback menu item for videos was still loading its widgets even if its visibility condition was false. Since videos was the first item in the menu, it was causing a bit of wait on the other menu tabs.

I fixed that in v0.2.13 by updating the skinshortcuts defaults to shift the videos tab to the end of the menu and having its default widgets be only library source nodes (which load practically instantly so any cost from loading while hidden is minimal).

The side effect is that if you had a skinshortcuts setup from prior to v0.2.13 then its possible that you still have the old default hidden (and you can't delete it from the menu because of the visibility conditions hiding it). It can be fixed by resetting skinshortcuts to defaults