Kodi Community Forum
Beta Arctic Horizon 2 - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Development (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Skinning (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+---- Forum: WIP Skins (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=160)
+---- Thread: Beta Arctic Horizon 2 (/showthread.php?tid=367352)

RE: Arctic Horizon 2 - gvozdenipuk - 2022-07-17

Unfortunately no edit button here. Error18 i tapped on backslash and went into windowed mode🤦‍♂️ sorry about that.

Question though i have couple of widgets configured on Nvidia shield tv pro and it takes around 30secs to load. I don't mind but do you guys have same issue with it?

RE: Arctic Horizon 2 - Klojum - 2022-07-17

(2022-07-17, 05:26)gvozdenipuk Wrote: Unfortunately no edit button here.
There is an edit button, but it's not available just yet for newcomers to this forum, as part of anti-spam measures. The restrictions will stop over time as you actively visit the forum.

(2022-07-17, 05:26)gvozdenipuk Wrote: i have couple of widgets configured on Nvidia shield tv pro and it takes around 30secs to load. I don't mind but do you guys have same issue with it?
That's a bit too vague for us. Could you provide your Kodi's debug log (wiki), so we can see some details?

RE: Arctic Horizon 2 - jurialmunkey - 2022-07-17

(2022-07-17, 05:09)gvozdenipuk Wrote: Great skin, awesome work until latest update where text and posters look like 480p resolution. Anyone experiencing the same issue?

Skin doesn't control resolution of images. Check your settings for whatever add-on that you're using (or library scraper if these widgets are from the library but I would expect a trakt watchlist comes from an add-on)

RE: Arctic Horizon 2 - dutchtech - 2022-07-17

(2022-07-17, 05:26)gvozdenipuk Wrote: Question though i have couple of widgets configured on Nvidia shield tv pro and it takes around 30secs to load. I don't mind but do you guys have same issue with it?

Not quite up to 30 seconds but I'm getting there lol, also on a shield. I got 3 widgets each for tv shows and movies, Umbrella and Tmdbhelper plus my youtube subscriptions, takes about 5 seconds on average for the first page to load. Same for search...sometimes faster. On my macbook I hardly have to wait so it definitely has to do with the speed of the shield or the lack thereof. You can speed up the shield a bit though, if you turn on network debugging you can log into your shield and start stripping out all the junk you don't need, I kinda took it to the extreme...nothing works anymore except Kodi. On a mac you download platform-tools (adb tools) and then login like this ./adb connect 192.168.x.x

Here's a list of stuff you can start with, you can get rid of way more than what's on the list. 

https://florisse.nl/tweakshield/   

Good luck

p.s. is it possible to get Wall view in widgets? Might look good for youtube subs, already looking quite good actually. 

RE: Arctic Horizon 2 - minipierre - 2022-07-17

Love the skin!

Are there plans to enable certification logos as part of the furniture options? I live in the UK and like to be able to display BBFC logos if possible.

Thanks

RE: Arctic Horizon 2 - tripkip - 2022-07-19

Thank you, God of Kodi skins. You did it again. Flabbergasted by this worthy Arctic Horizon successor.

The only thing that could make this better are textures in 4K.

RE: Arctic Horizon 2 - FOXYZ - 2022-07-20

Hi @jurialmunkey!

Thanks for all and constants updates.
I'd like to ask you something regarding the information page, when you click on a movie or show.

Once the page come up, with arrow down you access all the extra info like cast, seasons etc.

Considering its not really immediate on Android (compared to pc or Mac which is basically instant),
Is there any way to preload in the background while the user is still spending time in the main information page?
If so, maybe as option available in the skin, so it's up to people of they want/like to load in the background.

More than that, the skin is just amazing. It gets better and better. Can't wait for the future views and other features!

Thanks a lot!

RE: Arctic Horizon 2 - Aemstel - 2022-07-20

Noticed some weird behavior (I can't tell if it's a bug with the skin or with Kodi): when a movie with external subtitles (.srt) is scanned into the library for the first time, it will correctly show the sub's country flag. But when refreshing the movie's info, or removing it and rescanning it into the library, it no longer shows the external sub country flag. There's no way of getting it to show again either, not even by removing the source and doing a complete rescan of the library.

RE: Arctic Horizon 2 - Deihmos - 2022-07-21

Do you plan to add edl / chapter markers? I love these on my recordings so I can see where commercials were detected. 

https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/15767

RE: Arctic Horizon 2 - Dstaller - 2022-07-21

@jurialmunkey

I might be an idiot, but I noticed earlier in this thread you mentioned an option for a Clearlogo option in the OSD. I decided to check it out but can’t seem to find the option. Is it hidden somewhere or is the option just not yet available?

RE: Arctic Horizon 2 - mardup - 2022-07-21

(2022-06-15, 22:20)LM209 Wrote: perfect skin, how about a Netflix view with automatic trailer preview?

+1 

( like in Arctic: Zephyr - Reloaded Wink )

RE: Arctic Horizon 2 - ycodryn - 2022-07-21

And if we are still at it, don't forget 8k textures, and all menu items from zephyr and horizon 1. And we can forget about keep it clean and simple. No offense but skin complexity will add delays and freezes for older devices.

RE: Arctic Horizon 2 - jurialmunkey - 2022-07-22

(2022-07-17, 14:19)minipierre Wrote: Love the skin!

Are there plans to enable certification logos as part of the furniture options? I live in the UK and like to be able to display BBFC logos if possible.

Thanks
Not planned but happy to consider adding them. Could you open a feature request on github in the issues section - otherwise I will forget.

(2022-07-19, 22:20)tripkip Wrote: Thank you, God of Kodi skins. You did it again. Flabbergasted by this worthy Arctic Horizon successor.

The only thing that could make this better are textures in 4K.
Haha thanks!

Problem with 4k textures is that Kodi is much better at upscaling images than downscaling - so 4k textures then requires a separate texture theme so that things still look good at 1080p. And a separate set of textures means more disk space, plus is a pain to manage because requires changes across both sets.

So for now I'll be sticking with 1080p as I feel it upscales fairly well being a simple 2:1 ratio

(2022-07-20, 23:35)Aemstel Wrote: Noticed some weird behavior (I can't tell if it's a bug with the skin or with Kodi): when a movie with external subtitles (.srt) is scanned into the library for the first time, it will correctly show the sub's country flag. But when refreshing the movie's info, or removing it and rescanning it into the library, it no longer shows the external sub country flag. There's no way of getting it to show again either, not even by removing the source and doing a complete rescan of the library.
Could you open a bug report on github and I'll look into it when I get a chance.