Kodi Community Forum
Beta Arctic Horizon 2 - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Development (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Skinning (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+---- Forum: WIP Skins (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=160)
+---- Thread: Beta Arctic Horizon 2 (/showthread.php?tid=367352)

RE: Arctic Horizon 2 - Buzniak - 2022-08-10

. Keeps getting better and better

RE: Arctic Horizon 2 - Buzniak - 2022-08-10

(2022-07-30, 15:10)Diplo0091 Wrote: You just took and "mutilated" such a beautiful minimalistic skin in which everything is in its place as it should be. The ability to view cleart is already present in the library itself, but how does the absence of "discart" affect your experience of consuming content?, This skin is ideal in terms of information, including art, and it has everything you need!)
So over exaggeration is your style I see, Adding Discart and the whole skins a shit showHuh I think what happened there is you just discovered the word "mutilated" and just needed to use it once in your life! It is a nice skin, but lacks a few practical things, like folder location of selected video in info screen or within another submenu, no genre on primary page and again having to go into another submenu just to see genre, there's more, these things don't detract from the main visual emphasis the creator is trying to portray here! Now there is something about having the freedom to choose what info and art you want to show and just having that options opens up many more possibilities! As for the Discart and dynamically moving and adjusting widgets/ items on screen, I think I may be able to figure that one out in a while!

Thankyou Mr art Critic

Arctic Horizon 2 - jurialmunkey - 2022-08-10

Please keep it civil.

@Buzniak - you can already do many of these things. There are already options to display genre in the infoline. You can see file path by opening the "manage" menu in the info screen.

Discart won't happen ever. And moving info up won't either.

RE: Arctic Horizon 2 - justrusty - 2022-08-11

Is there any way to hide watched in the widgets?

RE: Arctic Horizon 2 - jurialmunkey - 2022-08-12

(2022-08-11, 18:24)justrusty Wrote: Is there any way to hide watched in the widgets?
For library content, yes - make a smart playlist with the required rules.

For addons - ask the author to add that feature for you.

RE: Arctic Horizon 2 - Glyde62 - 2022-08-13

Not sure if this is a Arctic Horizion 2 problem or something else
Works great on my Nvidia Shield But on my PC almost every time i start Kodi it uninstalls the skin and goes to default skin
Then to get this skin installed again i have to change to another skin first or Horizion wont install

RE: Arctic Horizon 2 - jurialmunkey - 2022-08-14

(2022-08-13, 10:23)Glyde62 Wrote: Not sure if this is a Arctic Horizion 2 problem or something else
Works great on my Nvidia Shield But on my PC almost every time i start Kodi it uninstalls the skin and goes to default skin
Then to get this skin installed again i have to change to another skin first or Horizion wont install

No way to know without a log. Unlikely to be a skin problem though.

RE: Arctic Horizon 2 - jorgitoxp - 2022-08-14

@jurialmunkey

Loving the skin so far. I’m using it on a shield TV pro. At least once a day Kodi crashes and takes me to the shield Home Screen. It only happens with artic horizon 2. When using the first artic horizon, everything runs smooth and don’t experience any crashes. Is there anything I can pull, and steps of how to pull it to help in identifying why Kodi crashes with the new skin?

Thanks in advance for the help.

RE: Arctic Horizon 2 - Coopers22 - 2022-08-14

I've been using this alpha since it was released on nvidea shield pro.

It's been pretty solid.

Lately, it crashes once or twice each time I go into it.  I've cleared cache, restarted the shield etc.  I keep updating to the latest alphas.  The logs don't seem to show anything of note.

I'll grab the next one and post.

RE: Arctic Horizon 2 - Glyde62 - 2022-08-14

Might be time for a reinstall of Kodi on the PC, Did the shield a month or so back

RE: Arctic Horizon 2 - jurialmunkey - 2022-08-15

(2022-08-14, 04:27)jorgitoxp Wrote: @jurialmunkey

Loving the skin so far. I’m using it on a shield TV pro. At least once a day Kodi crashes and takes me to the shield Home Screen. It only happens with artic horizon 2. When using the first artic horizon, everything runs smooth and don’t experience any crashes. Is there anything I can pull, and steps of how to pull it to help in identifying why Kodi crashes with the new skin?

Thanks in advance for the help.
Debug log is a good start. Patterns to reproduce the crash. What you're doing when it happens. Settings that appear to have an impact.

Just saying it crashes doesn't mean much to me. I don't experience any crashes.

Without any knowledge of what you're doing or how to reproduce the crash or even whereabouts in the skin it happens, I can't even begin to think of what the issue might be. Gotta give me some clues man!

Fullscreen music customizing - DragonFly - 2022-08-15

Great skin. Love the innovative design for the home-screen and its menu's.

However, is it possible to do some customizing for the full-screen music player in future versions?

You have the option to use the Artist slideshow for this screen, but it's almost completely hidden by the huge centered album art.
I know the album-art size is that way because of the OSD buttons, but could it be possible to move it to the bottom left or right corner and/or resize the overall album art, thus leaving somewhat more room for the fan-art?

Please forgive me if this option already exists. I just haven't found it yet...

RE: Fullscreen music customizing - jurialmunkey - 2022-08-16

(2022-08-15, 20:21)DragonFly Wrote: Great skin. Love the innovative design for the home-screen and its menu's.

However, is it possible to do some customizing for the full-screen music player in future versions?

You have the option to use the Artist slideshow for this screen, but it's almost completely hidden by the huge centered album art.
I know the album-art size is that way because of the OSD buttons, but could it be possible to move it to the bottom left or right corner and/or resize the overall album art, thus leaving somewhat more room for the fan-art?

Please forgive me if this option already exists. I just haven't found it yet...
You dont have to display the album art on visualisation.

Just press info (i on keyboard) and it will hide and only show when seeking/paused/controls visible.

RE: Arctic Horizon 2 - DragonFly - 2022-08-16

Yes, I know, but I have a minimalist Samsung remote with nearly no programmable buttons and no keyboard attached.

Hiding the album art using the 'i' or OSD would mean some interaction by the user. Besides, I really like to show album art too (and no distracting visualization)

You've probably spent countless hours showing as much information as you can for video's on the OSD. The music info screen is rather scarce, more so without the album art showing.
Just please give it some thought.

And another thing:
I'd like to test various skins. I really like the way that you're using (skin-name)-mainmenu.DATA.xml via the script.skinshortcuts addon. Haven't seen that before. When modifying a skin layout, the mainmen.data.xml is overwritten by the skin used at that moment, forcing another skin to use that same layout. Very annoying.

If you don't mind me asking, where is this separate name function defined in the skins xml code. I'd like to keep other skins from overwriting the mainmenu. Thanx in advance.

RE: Arctic Horizon 2 - ScotTk - 2022-08-16

Why does the IMDB ratings not show up on the title information? It only shows star rating, trakt and tmdb rating, the others have a dash next to them, I've checked the skin setting to see if I need to add any additional addons so they can scrape the data but found nothing, only the option to enable or disable them from showing.