Kodi Community Forum
Beta Arctic Horizon 2 - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Development (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Skinning (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+---- Forum: WIP Skins (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=160)
+---- Thread: Beta Arctic Horizon 2 (/showthread.php?tid=367352)

RE: Arctic Horizon 2 - Coming Soon... - jurialmunkey - 2022-03-28

(2022-03-28, 05:25)drinfernoo Wrote:
(2022-03-28, 05:03)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2022-03-28, 04:26)Groguuu Wrote: Is it possible to request CLEARART on timeline in OSD like you have in eminence? Looks great.

No clearART on the OSD as it would overlap the time elapsed/duration. However, an option for clearLOGO on the OSD already exists which I imagine most people would prefer anyway:

I really like that, but it does look a bit too close to the infoline, doesn't it?

It's the same spacing as in the rest of the skin. I think it's just that particular logo because it has that really strong impact style font.

Spacing with clearlogo is always tricky. Really depends on the style:

RE: Arctic Horizon 2 - Coming Soon... - Kokonutcreme - 2022-03-28

(2022-03-28, 05:52)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2022-03-28, 05:25)drinfernoo Wrote:
(2022-03-28, 05:03)jurialmunkey Wrote: No clearART on the OSD as it would overlap the time elapsed/duration. However, an option for clearLOGO on the OSD already exists which I imagine most people would prefer anyway:

I really like that, but it does look a bit too close to the infoline, doesn't it?

It's the same spacing as in the rest of the skin. I think it's just that particular logo because it has that really strong impact style font.

How do clearlogo’s look if they’re aligned vertically rather than a single horizontal.

RE: Arctic Horizon 2 - Coming Soon... - Groguuu - 2022-03-28

(2022-03-28, 05:03)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2022-03-28, 04:26)Groguuu Wrote: Is it possible to request CLEARART on timeline in OSD like you have in eminence? Looks great.

No clearART on the OSD as it would overlap the time elapsed/duration. However, an option for clearLOGO on the OSD already exists which I imagine most people would prefer anyway:

Yea that looks good.

RE: Arctic Horizon 2 - Coming Soon... - jurialmunkey - 2022-03-28

(2022-03-28, 06:47)Kokonutcreme Wrote:
(2022-03-28, 05:52)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2022-03-28, 05:25)drinfernoo Wrote: I really like that, but it does look a bit too close to the infoline, doesn't it?

How do clearlogo’s look if they’re aligned vertically rather than a single horizontal.

Not as good. It works best the more horizontally orientated they are. TMDbHelper will auto-crop the transparent space around the logo to try to get a better fit but there's not much that can be done about the ones which are particularly vertically stacked.

These types of vertical stacking still work fairly well

These more boxy two lines ones can still work okay but not perfect

And these very stacked ones aren't great but can still look okay if the logo itself is clear and decent quality (obviously there are some poor quality logos that are just not great for any purpose at all).

RE: Arctic Horizon 2 - Coming Soon... - Kokonutcreme - 2022-03-28

(2022-03-28, 07:30)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2022-03-28, 06:47)Kokonutcreme Wrote:
(2022-03-28, 05:52)jurialmunkey Wrote: It's the same spacing as in the rest of the skin. I think it's just that particular logo because it has that really strong impact style font.

Not as good. It works best the more horizontally orientated they are. TMDbHelper will auto-crop the transparent space around the logo to try to get a better fit but there's not much that can be done about the ones which are particularly vertically stacked.
Yeah I've tried to always select logos with horizontal orientation when available as they look the best in viewtypes.  As you said spacing is always tricky with clearlogos.  Thanks for the screenshots, skin is developing nicely.

RE: Arctic Horizon 2 - Coming Soon... - Bbam - 2022-03-28

This looks absolutely amazing. Feel like this skin is going to make me fall in love with my media again. 

Super pumped for release

RE: Arctic Horizon 2 - Coming Soon... - AakashC2020 - 2022-03-31

Hi @jurialmunkey,

Hope you're doing well.

Any updates on the release date for this new Arctic Horizon 2 skin?

Just can't wait to use this. 🙂

Thanks and Regards,
ShibajiCh.

RE: Arctic Horizon 2 - Coming Soon... - inihendrix - 2022-03-31

Hey @jurialmunkey I can't believe you're working on AH 2.0! I remember chatting it up with you a few years back trying to get RT/Meta/etc. ratings to show up in the widget home screen for AH 1 haha!

I have a request for your new skin, hoping that it's possible to make a suggestion at the last second:

AZ: Reloaded has a feature in the LiveTV PVR where you can bring up the list of Channels (not the TVGuide, but TVChannels section) and have the video playing in a small window box next to the list of channels. If you're unfamiliar with what I'm describing I can try to take a photo later today when I get back home.

I'm asking, no begging, that you could add this into your LiveTV features?!

Love everything you do, thank you!

RE: Arctic Horizon 2 - Coming Soon... - lightsout - 2022-03-31

How about when playing full screen music, seems like so many skins just leave that page at stock, any plans for customizing?

RE: Arctic Horizon 2 - Coming Soon... - Groguuu - 2022-04-01

(2022-03-31, 17:29)inihendrix Wrote: Hey @jurialmunkey I can't believe you're working on AH 2.0! I remember chatting it up with you a few years back trying to get RT/Meta/etc. ratings to show up in the widget home screen for AH 1 haha!

I have a request for your new skin, hoping that it's possible to make a suggestion at the last second:

AZ: Reloaded has a feature in the LiveTV PVR where you can bring up the list of Channels (not the TVGuide, but TVChannels section) and have the video playing in a small window box next to the list of channels. If you're unfamiliar with what I'm describing I can try to take a photo later today when I get back home.

This is also in his eminence skin if you turn off play in background it shows up in a small box as you describe.

RE: Arctic Horizon 2 - Coming Soon... - inihendrix - 2022-04-01

(2022-04-01, 09:41)Groguuu Wrote:
(2022-03-31, 17:29)inihendrix Wrote: Hey @jurialmunkey I can't believe you're working on AH 2.0! I remember chatting it up with you a few years back trying to get RT/Meta/etc. ratings to show up in the widget home screen for AH 1 haha!

This is also in his eminence skin if you turn off play in background it shows up in a small box as you describe.

Really? That's interesting...

I will say though, in AZ:R the video box showing up while searching for channels does NOT require "video in background" to be turned off.

You can both have the video in the background, and be able to see the video box while in the PVR TVChannels section.

I'm hoping for a mix of both?

🙏🙏🙏

RE: Arctic Horizon 2 - Coming Soon... - Thebatfink - 2022-04-01

Looking fantastic, been checking every couple of weeks since before Christmas when you said it was coming. Looks even better than was anticipating. So clean and stylish.

RE: Arctic Horizon 2 - Coming Soon... - Aaiemron - 2022-04-05

Maybe you can show us pictures or a short movie of the progress you have made so far?
Thanks

RE: Arctic Horizon 2 - Coming Soon... - jurialmunkey - 2022-04-06

Finally managed to get the info expansion on widgets working correctly:

RE: Arctic Horizon 2 - Coming Soon... - neunghaha28 - 2022-04-06

(2022-04-06, 04:59)jurialmunkey Wrote: Finally managed to get the info expansion on widgets working correctly:

It looks so beautiful Ready to be released or not?  Laugh