Kodi Community Forum
Beta Arctic Horizon 2 - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Development (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Skinning (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+---- Forum: WIP Skins (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=160)
+---- Thread: Beta Arctic Horizon 2 (/showthread.php?tid=367352)

RE: Arctic Horizon 2 - daviddia - 2022-09-16

(2022-09-16, 03:11)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2022-09-15, 16:00)daviddia Wrote: Thanks for the reply.

I mean the number of recommendations, for example that there are only 10. The same for
the actor info.

In the seasons view it gives me the same ratings in all of them.
In trakt.tv each season has a different rating.

Thanks again Smile

Limiting the number of items displayed in each recommendations list will not improve performance much because the tmdb api provides lists in pages containing 20 items in one request. You'd just see fewer items.

The limiting factor is always server response time - manipulating the data and mapping it to each item is relatively trivial performance cost by comparison. Saving 0.1s on data processing is not noticeable when the sever is going to take 1.5s to respond.

Can you give me an example of a tvshow where trakt ratings for each season are different so that I can test/fix.
Mainly I notice a lot of waiting time in the actor's info when you press down.

I also liked in artic Horizon that the cast appeared almost instantly Smile

The trakt rating does not appear in the seasons and episodes view. Is it done on purpose?

RE: Arctic Horizon 2 - brandon12 - 2022-09-16

I have been searching but cannot figure it out in the settings. Is there a way for when you select a tv show it brings up the “browse show” or “information” tab rather than just playing S1E1? Essentially, a setting to bring up more information about the show instead of auto playing it on single press. Love this skin, thank you

RE: Arctic Horizon 2 - sabre6 - 2022-09-16

(2022-09-16, 16:45)brandon12 Wrote: I have been searching but cannot figure it out in the settings. Is there a way for when you select a tv show it brings up the “browse show” or “information” tab rather than just playing S1E1? Essentially, a setting to bring up more information about the show instead of auto playing it on single press. Love this skin, thank you
Settings-Video-Default selection action.

RE: Arctic Horizon 2 - Dan_of_Earth - 2022-09-17

(2022-09-15, 10:59)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2022-09-12, 12:46)Dan_of_Earth Wrote:
(2022-09-12, 12:04)jurialmunkey Wrote: Sorry im not understanding. The widgets by default are just a row of posters and the widget name - I don't understand how you can get more minimal than that.

If you don't want to use the fullscreen widget then set it to none. And if you don't want plot on other widgets then don't set the option to expand them.

yea, i was referring to the title of the film/show when hovering over the poster.  In the default poster row, there isn't a title, as you mentioned there is just the widget name.  So I was wondering if I had missed that option somewhere.

No, no missed option. It just isn't in the skin. I understand the appeal of having the title there but I always felt it was a bit misplaced and disconnected from the item because of the way that the widget name will offset its positiha ok
ah ok, fair enough.  Just to be clear i wasn't complaining I was just genuinely wondering if I had missed something.  Thanks for the clarity!

RE: Arctic Horizon 2 - silentscreaming - 2022-09-17

Hi Jurial,

I guess my library is pretty large, probably about 1500 movies and around 500 tv series.

The speed increase has persisted so if it's the result of a change to the TMDb Helper caching, then thank you for making the change. It makes a noticeable difference.

Cheers mate.

RE: Arctic Horizon 2 - silentscreaming - 2022-09-17

Hi Jurial,

Not a biggie, but I am starting to encounter the same issue as TheFather99 is describing here.

I have only around 2GB of free space remaining on the Android TV in my lounge room, the crop and blur folders of the TMDb Helper plugin have ballooned to around 600mb, so over half of my available space.

I know that I could avoid the blur (and do for now) and the clear logos, but they're just so nice that it's hard to revert to normal text and simple backgrounds after you've seen them.

I attempted to use path substitution in Kodi's advancedsettings.xml to store those folders on my network in the same way that I substitute the thumbnails path, but it only kind of works. The temp version of the crop and blur files get redirected, but whatever magic you've conjured to resize and blur those temp files doesn't occur after the redirection, I only get the temp files.

I tried to look through various settings xmls to see if I could figure it out, to no avail. Sorry to ask, but do you think there could be a way to incorporate path substitution to help space poor folk like me?

Or, is there any way to export them external drives and keep them alongside the media like posters and fanart?

If not, could I just delete the temp files to reduce the folder sizes without affecting the modified versions of the files?

RE: Arctic Horizon 2 - jurialmunkey - 2022-09-17

@silentscreaming - Please try v4.11.22 of TMDbHelper. The image function temp directories will now follow the database location setting found in expert settings -- that will let you put the database and temp images on a different drive.

Goto: TMDbHelper Settings > Expert > Cache database location
Choose a location for your cache, hit OK and then exit Kodi
In file manager move the database_v5, blur, and crop folders from kodi/userdata/addon_data/plugin.video.themoviedb.helper to the new location (or you can delete these folders instead if you want to start fresh).
Restart Kodi and it should now use the new database location.

RE: Arctic Horizon 2 - nuwonda - 2022-09-17

hm, I am logged into trakt and it's authenticated. is it supposed to scrobble eps automatically to my watched list on trakt? It doesn't do that. I can manually mark a show as watched via the trakt context menu when accessing the info for the show.

I checked the resend local files (fix scrobbling bug) checkbox in the the expert section of the tmdb helper settings, but that doesn't scrobble any viewed eps either, maybe I am missing something?

RE: Arctic Horizon 2 - Criddler23 - 2022-09-17

(2022-09-17, 23:01)nuwonda Wrote: hm, I am logged into trakt and it's authenticated. is it supposed to scrobble eps automatically to my watched list on trakt? It doesn't do that. I can manually mark a show as watched via the trakt context menu when accessing the info for the show.

I checked the resend local files (fix scrobbling bug) checkbox in the the expert section of the tmdb helper settings, but that doesn't scrobble any viewed eps either, maybe I am missing something?

Are you opening the trakt addon and scanning?, I don’t think the process is automatic, you have to scan, then the watched status will show after

RE: Arctic Horizon 2 - nuwonda - 2022-09-17

(2022-09-17, 23:05)Criddler23 Wrote:
(2022-09-17, 23:01)nuwonda Wrote: hm, I am logged into trakt and it's authenticated. is it supposed to scrobble eps automatically to my watched list on trakt? It doesn't do that. I can manually mark a show as watched via the trakt context menu when accessing the info for the show.

Are you opening the trakt addon and scanning?, I don’t think the process is automatic, you have to scan, then the watched status will show after

I didn't install the trakt addon as I thought the integration into tmdb helper is enough Blush

I had it installed before but not since I did a reinstall with this amazing skin^^
So the tmdb helper trakt integration doesn't scrobble viewed eps to trakt... hmm, it could though as it already is authenticated and can scrobble whole shows to it... maybe we don't "need" the extra "trakt" addon anymore?

RE: Arctic Horizon 2 - silentscreaming - 2022-09-18

(2022-09-17, 14:06)jurialmunkey Wrote: @silentscreaming - Please try v4.11.22 of TMDbHelper. The image function temp directories will now follow the database location setting found in expert settings -- that will let you put the database and temp images on a different drive.

Goto: TMDbHelper Settings > Expert > Cache database location
Choose a location for your cache, hit OK and then exit Kodi
In file manager move the database_v5, blur, and crop folders from kodi/userdata/addon_data/plugin.video.themoviedb.helper to the new location (or you can delete these folders instead if you want to start fresh).
Restart Kodi and it should now use the new database location.
Hi Jurial,

Thanks for such a swift reply. I had a go last night and again this morning but am struggling.

I downloaded v4.11.22zip from your Git and ran through the instructions.

On restart I get "TheMovieDb Helper error" messages on every item selected in any widget. Full screen widgets don't get a clearlogo and often no title text at all. Regular widgets get the local stored clearlogo, but it does not get cropped. No items in any widget get any rating information.

When I checked the log there are no obvious errors or warnings, but multiple instances of "CACHE: Exception while initialising _database: unable to open database file", TMDb.db at the new location, and retries. It is an SMB share just in case that's important.

In the shared location the database_v5, blur and crop folders are created. None of the database files populate in that folder, and only the temp versions of fanart and clearlogos are added to those respective folders, no blurs or cropped logos.

The first few times I tried I had deleted the original folders from the plugin, to start over.

Since I have also tried resetting TMBd Helper to defaults so that it saved initially to it's normal location, refollowed the instructions, but moved the existing folders to the shared location instead with the same results.

I have also tried using the prior version that is available on your repository with the same results.

I believe I'm doing everything correctly? Anything else I could try? Really sorry to be a pain  Huh

Arctic Horizon 2 - jurialmunkey - 2022-09-18

@silentscreaming - needs to be physically connected storage. Smb won't work (well it possibly can but it will be too slow for this type of thing so not worthwhile).

(2022-09-18, 02:19)jurialmunkey Wrote: @silentscreaming - needs to be physically connected storage. Smb won't work (well it possibly can but it will be too slow for this type of thing so not worthwhile).
Thanks mate, I'll whack a USB in and have another go. Appreciate your help.

RE: Arctic Horizon 2 - jurialmunkey - 2022-09-18

(2022-09-17, 23:16)nuwonda Wrote:
(2022-09-17, 23:05)Criddler23 Wrote:

I didn't install the trakt addon as I thought the integration into tmdb helper is enough Blush

I had it installed before but not since I did a reinstall with this amazing skin^^
So the tmdb helper trakt integration doesn't scrobble viewed eps to trakt... hmm, it could though as it already is authenticated and can scrobble whole shows to it... maybe we don't "need" the extra "trakt" addon anymore?
Tmdbhelper doesn't scrobble anything. That's not its purpose. The purpose of TMDbhelper is as a tool to access metadata from these APIs. It only needs auth so it can access your personal lists and watched data.

There is already a trakt addon for scrobbling - no point reinventing the wheel by frankensteining existing functionality into another addon just to avoid needing to auth two addons...

(2022-09-18, 02:42)silentscreaming Wrote:
(2022-09-18, 02:19)jurialmunkey Wrote: @silentscreaming - needs to be physically connected storage. Smb won't work (well it possibly can but it will be too slow for this type of thing so not worthwhile).
Thanks mate, I'll whack a USB in and have another go. Appreciate your help.
I completely forgot that Sony and/or Android TV has storage write permission limitations that prevent writing to external storage unless its the apps folder or the app asks for permission first. I remember now having the same issue with save game files for Android emulators that just stopped writing one day. Kodi's thumbnail folder would inevitably get really large too, it's just been so long that I forgot about the USB write limitation and why I had used SMB for it's redirection instead back then.

I'll just be a bit more diligent with my clearlogo selection and do some manual cropping, and a bit of regular cleaning of the temp files in the blur folder and all will be well.

Really appreciate your work and how you support the community mate. I've just flicked you a couple coffees.