Kodi Community Forum
MediaStream v0.90 Released - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: MediaStream (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=69)
+----- Thread: MediaStream v0.90 Released (/showthread.php?tid=36830)

Pages: 1 2 3

MediaStream v0.90 Released - skunkm0nkee - 2008-09-07

It hardly seems like a week since the last one but we've been hard at work work updating the skin, although if you are running in anything other then 4:3 then there might not be too many noticeable changes this week.

Our focus this week has been to get as much of the skin working properly in 4:3 as possible and we've managed to get about 95% of the planned changes done. Currently there are a couple of dialogs and a few things like the Music Visualisation that have not yet been fully converted but pretty much everything else should now look a lot better for all you 4:3 users/viewers.

As usual you can download the skin from our website, http://www.teamrazorfish.co.uk/mediastream.html

The changes since the last release are as follows:
  • Added: HUGE amount of work on getting everything working for 4:3 (Home, Settings, all the rest of the media views, Dialogs etc)
  • Added: Bigger font for 4:3
  • Added: Spanish translation
  • Added: Separate options to hide thumbs on video screens and music screens
  • Updated: Icons for Bookmarks, Video Settings and Audio Settings on Video OSD
  • Updated: German, Dutch translations

The code that handles the 4:3 display is slightly different from the code that handles the other resolutions so we're splitting the bugs and suggestions thread into 2 separate threads - one for 4:3 and one for everything else.

Now that we've got the majority of the 4:3 stuff out of the way we'll be able to concentrate on adding and updating features this week.

We really need your feedback (especially for the new 4:3 stuff) so please post if you have any comments, suggestions or feedback and we'll aim to deal with them as soon as we can.

PLEASE NOTE: The skin is being developed based on the latest version of XBMC (T3CH release for Xbox and update to date builds for other platforms) so please make sure you have the latest version before posting about any problems.

- omontero - 2008-09-07

skunkm0nkee I can't express how gratefull we 4:3 users are that your team have decided to support that resolution. Im sure that at least 50% of XBMC users dont have a HDTV and if they do they also have a good old tube one.

The quality of this skin is just amazing. Ill be doing some testing this next week to see what bugs can I find.

Thanks again!!!!

- skunkm0nkee - 2008-09-07

omontero Wrote:skunkm0nkee I can't express how gratefull we 4:3 users are that your team have decided to support that resolution. Im sure that at least 50% of XBMC users dont have a HDTV and if they do they also have a good old tube one.

The quality of this skin is just amazing. Ill be doing some testing this next week to see what bugs can I find.

Thanks again!!!!

No probs, we've been meaning to do it for a while as we realise that there is a large number of xbox users out there that are running it on 4:3 displays. Hopefully it'll be worth the effort! Nod

I've posted afew screenshots to the new Gallery thread that shows how some of the views/screens should look in 4x3 (using the default font).

http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=217821&postcount=6
http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=217821&postcount=7

Really nice - frov - 2008-09-07

And many thanks from me.
I am a seasoned xbmc user since the stone age and just bought myself a new Pan plasma 46", and right now this new skin emerges for 720p and so. Really cool show-off stuff. I really like it. When I run into strange stuff I will report.
Tnx, F (NL)

- shizzle - 2008-09-07

omg finally 4:3 thank you so much you guys

Shutdown timer - wantin2mod - 2008-09-08

Regarding v0.89;

I went to the Power On/Off menu to invoke the shutdown timer and found no such option. Just found the usual; "Shutdown, Restart, Reload XBMC, Refresh Skin, and Dashboard. Is a shutdown timer supposed to be in here somewhere?

Btw, I'm using T3CH's build, 15026.

Regards,
wantin2mod

- skunkm0nkee - 2008-09-08

wantin2mod Wrote:Regarding v0.89;

I went to the Power On/Off menu to invoke the shutdown timer and found no such option. Just found the usual; "Shutdown, Restart, Reload XBMC, Refresh Skin, and Dashboard. Is a shutdown timer supposed to be in here somewhere?

Btw, I'm using T3CH's build, 15026.

Regards,
wantin2mod

Well spotted. I'm not sure you can currently access the sleep time from within the home screen but if you want to se it you need to have a shortcut to activate the shutdown menu - XBMC.ActivateWindow(ShutdownMenu) - the S key does this if you are using the keyboard.

For the next release I'm going to change the onclick of the ON/OFF menu item on home so that it brings up the shutdwon menu (pressing right will slide out the sub-menu)

- wells - 2008-09-09

OK I gotta come to grips with the realization that you guys are superb!...my first skin love was VISION then BASICS-VISION, the AEON, I really thought it couldnt get better than AEON (ease of use could be better) then YOU guys come along and get me cheating on my favorite skin with MEDIASTREAM. Well I have just about abandoned AEON (no disrespect to them its still a beaut) but you guys are fairly perfect in this theme; Eye Candy, Ease of use; multitude of options, regular updates and now 4:3 for poor cats like me that cant enjoy this on the widescreen that they really want. you guys are making me buy a widescreen (get your commision from Samsung)...Anyway my hats off to the team.

I do have a suggestion/req. if i may:
can you make a Wall view (as seen in AEON...but cleaner think kaliedescape)
can you have the home screen go horizontal (think basics-vision/Aeon)

and you guys kick a$$ !!! keep it up.

this should be the new default skin for the stable version

- wantin2mod - 2008-09-09

skunkm0nkee Wrote:Well spotted. I'm not sure you can currently access the sleep time from within the home screen but if you want to se it you need to have a shortcut to activate the shutdown menu - XBMC.ActivateWindow(ShutdownMenu) - the S key does this if you are using the keyboard.

For the next release I'm going to change the onclick of the ON/OFF menu item on home so that it brings up the shutdwon menu (pressing right will slide out the sub-menu)

Fantastic! I look forward to the next release!! Big Grin

Regards,
wantin2mod

- ShortySco - 2008-09-09

Hey, still loving the skin!

Have noticed a couple of potential bugs/improvements.

1 - In the TV Show library on the Title node, wide view, i notice there is an entry in the info for runtime. Does this work or is it not a per episode thing?

2 - If i navidate to an episode and select 'episode information', in the screen that pops up there is a filepath displayed, does anyone have much use for this, i feel it takes from the skins sleek looks. Saying that, it may be great for testing purposes.... but when i just wanna watch a video, i don't care what the filename is. The same is true for movie information.

Cheers,

Shorty

- skunkm0nkee - 2008-09-09

ShortySco Wrote:Hey, still loving the skin!

Have noticed a couple of potential bugs/improvements.

1 - In the TV Show library on the Title node, wide view, i notice there is an entry in the info for runtime. Does this work or is it not a per episode thing?
It would work if the information was available (could show standard episode runtime for a tv show) but as far as I know it's not so am looking at replacing it.

ShortySco Wrote:2 - If i navidate to an episode and select 'episode information', in the screen that pops up there is a filepath displayed, does anyone have much use for this, i feel it takes from the skins sleek looks. Saying that, it may be great for testing purposes.... but when i just wanna watch a video, i don't care what the filename is. The same is true for movie information.

This was specifcally added as users wanted to see where it was picking up the file from (especially if they have their media spread across multiple devices). We could always add an option to hide it though?

- ShortySco - 2008-09-09

I see, that makes sense, just pointing it out. doesn't really annoy me much.
An option would be cool though, if there is more demand than just me.

Cheers,

Shorty

- blastactionhero - 2008-09-09

mh, doenst work anymore. says it need a 2.0 skin -.-

- ShortySco - 2008-09-09

Sounds as though you have not updated properly, try loading a differnt skin, delete the skin folder, then write the new one.

If that doesn't work, you may have to re-install XBMC.

Shorty

- maui917 - 2008-09-09

Everytime I get the 2.0 error, it means I have an extra folder. If you download mediastream or any other skin and extract it to a folder named mediastream. You propaply actually have a folder named mediastream, with another folder named mediastream in it. So an extra "parent folder". Then when you FTP to your xbox or put it in your skin folder on your computer, you'll get that error.