Kodi Community Forum
HORIZONZ: Discussion and Support Thread - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Horizonz (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=97)
+----- Thread: HORIZONZ: Discussion and Support Thread (/showthread.php?tid=37188)

- funkmasta - 2008-10-02

Are you going to be looking in to adding a view that uses wide icons for tv shows? Still would love to see that make it into the mod, but overall, this skin is AMAZING. So nicely polished.

- roeroe - 2008-10-02

awesome stuff keep it up ....

- Rand Al Thor - 2008-10-02

Still no info on hover for Poster and list view? tsk tsk Wink

Looking good m8.

- soder - 2008-10-02

xb2iris Wrote:the option is in the features section of aeon settings... it's enabled by default... disable it and backdrops should show up behind your movie fanart...

and about the "info" banner view... xbmc only allows ten views, so, i'm overloaded... sorry man... had to chose one view for banners, and showcase was the obvious... maybe i'll add it to the "info" view at a later stage... so, we'll see...

glad u like the update man...

I dont understand why soo many posters in tv shows, and only on banner, when a banner is what you get when using thetvdb?

The option with the backdrop, whats the name of that option?
I havnt changed anything, and in Aeon I have backdrops for standard, until I change to a movie with a fanart..

Thats what I want.

/Söder

- frater - 2008-10-02

xb2iris Wrote:about the movie in focus question... we are talking about the showcase view and not the info view right... Huh coz the dvd moves off to the left...

I don't think you know what I mean....

When you press left it should keep the same movie selected and move all the DVD's to the left.. Press it again... The same.. when you then press it, it should move to the previous DVD...

The effect would be that DVD in focus can move and is not always in the middle..

- midgetspy - 2008-10-02

Hmm, in Showcase view the background flashes to grey between every fanart switch... did I miss a setting somewhere? Instead of fading from one picture to the next it flashes grey instantly and then fades to the next.

- slundell - 2008-10-02

xb2iris Wrote:i get what your saying man... how does the showcase view handle all of those childrens programmes... they have movie fanart? because the info view has no info to show in file mode, so i excluded it... showcase however does work... or are we talking about the fanart transitions?

Hi. I mean the bottom one of the two pictures in: http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n279/throughtheiris25/2-1.jpg

My wish is to use that view in files mode.

The scrapers have lots of problems with childrens programmes (especially swedish ones). Some works great, like Cars, the Lion King, the get thumbs and fanarts are downloaded. But for things like anki.och.pytte.trean, imdb might fetch data for a 80 year old german movie :-)
Hence I like to use the file mode for the kids movies.

- roeroe - 2008-10-02

How did you get your showcase movies to display plot and various other text above the thumb?

Dont worry work it out Laugh

- xb2iris - 2008-10-02

funkmasta Wrote:Are you going to be looking in to adding a view that uses wide icons for tv shows? Still would love to see that make it into the mod, but overall, this skin is AMAZING. So nicely polished.

i've included the Widecase view for tvshows... there is a screenshot a few pages back... that's wide icons all the way...

Rand Al Thor Wrote:Still no info on hover for Poster and list view? tsk tsk Wink

Looking good m8.

hahaha... if this release wasn't so rushed, io'd have included it... it's definately on my todo list... loved it on yours, so it's only fair it gets in here as well... hows that skin coming along dude?

- xb2iris - 2008-10-02

soder Wrote:I dont understand why soo many posters in tv shows, and only on banner, when a banner is what you get when using thetvdb?

The option with the backdrop, whats the name of that option?
I havnt changed anything, and in Aeon I have backdrops for standard, until I change to a movie with a fanart..

Thats what I want.

/Söder

if you disable the "disable backdrop cycling (applies to showcase)", then backdrop cycling will resume in showcase view behind your fanart (as in the original aeon)... the option is enabled by default... so go click on it... it'll work...

frater Wrote:I don't think you know what I mean....

When you press left it should keep the same movie selected and move all the DVD's to the left.. Press it again... The same.. when you then press it, it should move to the previous DVD...

The effect would be that DVD in focus can move and is not always in the middle..

get you now... well... the showcase view as well as the info view are wrap lists i.e. the focused DVD will remain on one location... but as for selecting a movie only when u press it is possible... maybe it is but i don't think it would be good taking a set location for the focused dvd away... that would change the space available for other things such as movie info... it would also be hard to implement... it's a good idea though... maybe i'll do it on the info view because the showcase view is the one i wanted to remain true to aeon... info was meant to be my second showcase view i could mess around with...

- roeroe - 2008-10-02

What happen to the banner view? did you take it out? I cant see it in the view type option..

- BlackRose - 2008-10-02

It's a great mod! Been tinkering with it and it seems everything works just perfectly. Absolutely love the new RSS feed for the black home scroller. That white glow is amazing!

Widecase does the trick for tv shows. The Info screen however gets messed up when you use wide icons. Thought i'd let you know that. Anyways. Options in the set content, thanks for that and the debug window is perfect.

I absoltely loved the new OSDs. They are so usable, especially the settings and chapter screens. It's an amazing idea, having them come out of the edge of the screen. Really cool. Very fluid and professional feeling.

Still don't like backdrops behind the movie fanart, so thanks for keeping the grey background option in there... it defeats the purpose of movie fanart having other movie fanart showing up and getting replaced by the currently selected fanart, don't you think?
It's a showcase view, not a show colectioncase view, haha.

the new frame for episodes also looks good, so much better than the last one. picture frame is also a nice touch.

All in all. Best mod ever. This is slowly becoming the best skin for xbmc in my opinion. it's becoming more and more usable, which has always been aeon's problem. It looked the best but never quite worked. I hate changing skins to do this or that and then reloading my skin after i've done this or that. I want a skin that works!

Anyways, it's XBOX optimized as well. Yes, doesn't affect me, but for everyone out there using an xbox, that's the best thing you can ask for. And with aeon heading away from xbox uses, it's perfect having a skin like this to use instead! What y'all thinkHuh?

Well done on this skin. It'll be my default for ages to come. Thanks for the hours and hours you spent putting this together.

- xb2iris - 2008-10-02

midgetspy Wrote:Hmm, in Showcase view the background flashes to grey between every fanart switch... did I miss a setting somewhere? Instead of fading from one picture to the next it flashes grey instantly and then fades to the next.

theres an optoon in features called "disable fanart cycling". if you disable this option, your movie backdrops will cycle behind your movie fanart... thus, no more grey background... is that what you wanted?

slundell Wrote:Hi. I mean the bottom one of the two pictures in: http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n279/throughtheiris25/2-1.jpg

My wish is to use that view in files mode.

The scrapers have lots of problems with childrens programmes (especially swedish ones). Some works great, like Cars, the Lion King, the get thumbs and fanarts are downloaded. But for things like anki.och.pytte.trean, imdb might fetch data for a 80 year old german movie :-)
Hence I like to use the file mode for the kids movies.

I get you, I'll put it in there minus the info displayer. And wasn't that 80 year old german movie amazing? haha

- xb2iris - 2008-10-02

roeroe Wrote:What happen to the banner view? did you take it out? I cant see it in the view type option..

it's called Widecase now and it's slightly different to the banner view... it's more Showcasey!

BlackRose Wrote:It's a great mod! Been tinkering with it and it seems everything works just perfectly. Absolutely love the new RSS feed for the black home scroller. That white glow is amazing!

Widecase does the trick for tv shows. The Info screen however gets messed up when you use wide icons. Thought i'd let you know that. Anyways. Options in the set content, thanks for that and the debug window is perfect.

I absoltely loved the new OSDs. They are so usable, especially the settings and chapter screens. It's an amazing idea, having them come out of the edge of the screen. Really cool. Very fluid and professional feeling.

Still don't like backdrops behind the movie fanart, so thanks for keeping the grey background option in there... it defeats the purpose of movie fanart having other movie fanart showing up and getting replaced by the currently selected fanart, don't you think?
It's a showcase view, not a show colectioncase view, haha.

the new frame for episodes also looks good, so much better than the last one. picture frame is also a nice touch.

All in all. Best mod ever. This is slowly becoming the best skin for xbmc in my opinion. it's becoming more and more usable, which has always been aeon's problem. It looked the best but never quite worked. I hate changing skins to do this or that and then reloading my skin after i've done this or that. I want a skin that works!

Anyways, it's XBOX optimized as well. Yes, doesn't affect me, but for everyone out there using an xbox, that's the best thing you can ask for. And with aeon heading away from xbox uses, it's perfect having a skin like this to use instead! What y'all thinkHuh?

Well done on this skin. It'll be my default for ages to come. Thanks for the hours and hours you spent putting this together.

thanks, thanks and thanks again... didn't think about the info screens if you use wide icons... thanks for bringing that up... anayways, that was a great review... hahaha...

- hicaow - 2008-10-02

great job on the mod! thanx alot.

2 things .. could you add in the preset sleep timer settings to the shutdown option in the right thumbstick click menu ala PM3 .. so if say i push left or right it picks 30 , 60 , 90 etc etc .. its painful to use custom timer every night :]

wide icons in the games section would be great ..

other than that this is my new default skin on both my HD xbox's , awesome work!