Kodi Community Forum
HORIZONZ: Discussion and Support Thread - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Horizonz (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=97)
+----- Thread: HORIZONZ: Discussion and Support Thread (/showthread.php?tid=37188)

- yadster - 2008-10-02

xb2iris Wrote:does it work in the original aeon... don't think i've edited anything to do with that just yet... let me know... maybe i messed something up along the modding way...

Just downloaded the latest Horizonz and the problem I had of fan-art showing when I didn't want it to has now gone. I did a clean install, cleared the cache, tdata etc and all is fandabbydozy :-) To be honest it wasn't a huge problem as I could go back and choose the no thumbnail option.

Big thanks though for the latest version, the few fixes you've made have made it almost perfect and it is now far and away the best xbmc skin available. Simple to use and looks stunning.

Really impressed with what you've done with the pictures folder and the frames you've used which look especially nice in icon view.

Only two minor niggles for me. First is that I use a DVD remote and when I use the option to search and download tv/film information I can't select 'manual'. The other one is the 'x' and 'xbox' on the game cases is a bit too bright for me - but that's just my own personal taste.

Keep up the good work fella, I really appreciate all the hard work you've done. If you could have Jetset Willy walking in front of the home page RSS feed as it scrolls across the screen it would be the best thing ever Big Grin

- XBDD - 2008-10-02

Well, well, well. It's been a few hours, and I'm beginning to think, how could I ever have used aeon for so long without so many needed features. Well, it looks the best, and now it looks even better, with almost as many features as other more complete skins.

Thanks for making life so much more easy for me, and I'm sure a lot of other people. I do like loading PM3 up every time I need to do something important on my system, NOT! I want to use the skin I'm using to do it, now I can

Love the mod. Hope there's more to come!

- xb2iris - 2008-10-02

hicaow Wrote:great job on the mod! thanx alot.

2 things .. could you add in the preset sleep timer settings to the shutdown option in the right thumbstick click menu ala PM3 .. so if say i push left or right it picks 30 , 60 , 90 etc etc .. its painful to use custom timer every night :]

wide icons in the games section would be great ..

other than that this is my new default skin on both my HD xbox's , awesome work!

thanks... nyways... i'll look into the sleep timer issue... never used it before, but i'll check it out

- xb2iris - 2008-10-02

yadster Wrote:Just downloaded the latest Horizonz and the problem I had of fan-art showing when I didn't want it to has now gone. I did a clean install, cleared the cache, tdata etc and all is fandabbydozy :-) To be honest it wasn't a huge problem as I could go back and choose the no thumbnail option.

Big thanks though for the latest version, the few fixes you've made have made it almost perfect and it is now far and away the best xbmc skin available. Simple to use and looks stunning.

Really impressed with what you've done with the pictures folder and the frames you've used which look especially nice in icon view.

Only two minor niggles for me. First is that I use a DVD remote and when I use the option to search and download tv/film information I can't select 'manual'. The other one is the 'x' and 'xbox' on the game cases is a bit too bright for me - but that's just my own personal taste.

Keep up the good work fella, I really appreciate all the hard work you've done. If you could have Jetset Willy walking in front of the home page RSS feed as it scrolls across the screen it would be the best thing ever Big Grin

Thanks for the comments... about the manual option for downloading info... is that in the context menuHuh or is that option supposed to be by the viewtypes/sortby menuHuh anyways... Jetset Willy's on vacation... he refused to run around the rssfeed for this release... says i don't pay him enough... next time... hahaha

XBDD Wrote:Well, well, well. It's been a few hours, and I'm beginning to think, how could I ever have used aeon for so long without so many needed features. Well, it looks the best, and now it looks even better, with almost as many features as other more complete skins.

Thanks for making life so much more easy for me, and I'm sure a lot of other people. I do like loading PM3 up every time I need to do something important on my system, NOT! I want to use the skin I'm using to do it, now I can

Love the mod. Hope there's more to come!

Thanks for the comments... and that's the point for releasing this mod... and yes, there is more to come...

- yadster - 2008-10-02

xb2iris Wrote:Thanks for the comments... about the manual option for downloading info... is that in the context menuHuh or is that option supposed to be by the viewtypes/sortby menuHuh

The context menu.

- frater - 2008-10-02

xb2iris Wrote:Thanks for the comments... and that's the point for releasing this mod... and yes, there is more to come...

And xb2iris... look at all those happy faces...!!
Wasn't it worth it?

Now sit back... and enjoy!

- midgetspy - 2008-10-02

xb2iris Wrote:theres an optoon in features called "disable fanart cycling". if you disable this option, your movie backdrops will cycle behind your movie fanart... thus, no more grey background... is that what you wanted?

Yes and no.

The current setting makes it display fanart properly, but when I switch between shows/movies with fanart the grey background cuts in and out instead of the images fading from one to another.

Also I think a better way would be to show fanart if available and if not then show a random backdrop instead of the grey background. IMO, if custom backdrops are selected then the grey background should NEVER be shown, it should always be replaced with a custom backdrop. This is how other skins work (MediaStream, other Aeon views).

Thanks again xb2iris for the great skin!

- midgetspy - 2008-10-02

Oh yeah also: I mentioned earlier that the cast searching wasn't working - on second try it actually does work but the window is hidden behind the current window.

In library, View Info on a movie. Go to Cast, and click on one of the names in the list. (that list should show the actor thumb btw). When you click on a name in the list if you look closely there is a window that appears listing the actors other movies but it is BEHIND the current info window so you can barely see it. All that needs to be fixed there is to make that window pop up in front of the Info window.

- xb2iris - 2008-10-02

yadster Wrote:The context menu.

well, the context menu has nothing to do with the skin... it's xbmc which specifies which buttons show up where on the context menu, the skin just specifies how it looks... the shutdown menu and the menu with sort by/viewytpe are skin defined... don't think it's an aeon/horizonz issue...

frater Wrote:And xb2iris... look at all those happy faces...!!
Wasn't it worth it?

Now sit back... and enjoy!

hahaha... u said it... hope ur happy now... already working on an update for next time... not so much sorting out issues this time though... just trying new things...

- xb2iris - 2008-10-02

midgetspy Wrote:Yes and no.

The current setting makes it display fanart properly, but when I switch between shows/movies with fanart the grey background cuts in and out instead of the images fading from one to another.

Also I think a better way would be to show fanart if available and if not then show a random backdrop instead of the grey background. IMO, if custom backdrops are selected then the grey background should NEVER be shown, it should always be replaced with a custom backdrop. This is how other skins work (MediaStream, other Aeon views).

Thanks again xb2iris for the great skin!

get what ur saying... are we're talking about the section which has the folder hierachy (genres, title, and so on) where default icons are displayed in the frames... because at the moment, i can't find a way of putting backdrop cycling in there without messing up other things in the skin... i struggled with that for ages, and kinda gave up... is that what u mean? because in the movies and tv shows sections, when the "backdrop disable" function is disabled... backdrops will always show up behind fanart, unless an image isn't loaded due to memory issues (grey backdrop will show then, because i don't like black screens)... i've tried backdrop cycling on 6 systems, and grey backdrop only shows on my mates system when memory issues occur... which is really rarely anyways... so, i'm i on the right track here?

midgetspy Wrote:Oh yeah also: I mentioned earlier that the cast searching wasn't working - on second try it actually does work but the window is hidden behind the current window.

In library, View Info on a movie. Go to Cast, and click on one of the names in the list. (that list should show the actor thumb btw). When you click on a name in the list if you look closely there is a window that appears listing the actors other movies but it is BEHIND the current info window so you can barely see it. All that needs to be fixed there is to make that window pop up in front of the Info window.

i'll take a look after i've finished a few things i'mk working on... also check if cast pictures can be added... not sure i want it in there... aeon never had it... it's kinda going against the idea... but yeah, maybe i'll sort that out!

- midgetspy - 2008-10-02

xb2iris Wrote:get what ur saying... are we're talking about the section which has the folder hierachy (genres, title, and so on) where default icons are displayed in the frames... because at the moment, i can't find a way of putting backdrop cycling in there without messing up other things in the skin... i struggled with that for ages, and kinda gave up... is that what u mean? because in the movies and tv shows sections, when the "backdrop disable" function is disabled... backdrops will always show up behind fanart, unless an image isn't loaded due to memory issues (grey backdrop will show then, because i don't like black screens)... i've tried backdrop cycling on 6 systems, and grey backdrop only shows on my mates system when memory issues occur... which is really rarely anyways... so, i'm i on the right track here?

OK I went and double-checked and here's what I found. It's actually the Info view, not Showcase, that is causing the problems. In Info view, the backdrops NEVER show up - it's either grey screen or fanart. As well, in Info view when it shows fanart and you switch to the next item, the fanart is instantly replaced by a grey screen which then fades into the next fanart (instead of one fanart fading to the other).

It's definitely not a memory issue, I'm running on a HTPC with plenty of RAM.

- pletopia - 2008-10-02

In the "List" Viewtype .. anyway to make it a little more opaque .. so that more of the background comes though ??

- xb2iris - 2008-10-02

midgetspy Wrote:OK I went and double-checked and here's what I found. It's actually the Info view, not Showcase, that is causing the problems. In Info view, the backdrops NEVER show up - it's either grey screen or fanart. As well, in Info view when it shows fanart and you switch to the next item, the fanart is instantly replaced by a grey screen which then fades into the next fanart (instead of one fanart fading to the other).

It's definitely not a memory issue, I'm running on a HTPC with plenty of RAM.

yeah, i thought it was the info view... well... i'm not going to change that the grey background in that one for now... that view is my experimental view... i'll be messing with it later, so i'll change that when that time comes... didn't know people were into the info view... pretty cool... but yeah, i'll sort it out sometime... i'll just include it in that feature option so, what showcase does, info does, backgroundwise... wanted that view to be completely fanart based, no other backdrops... like it used to be before i made the navigation a bit quicker... didn't want black screens showing up, so i added the grey wallpaper to it... but yeah, we'll see... next update will adress the problem...

- xb2iris - 2008-10-02

pletopia Wrote:In the "List" Viewtype .. anyway to make it a little more opaque .. so that more of the background comes though ??

will look into it... i'll try different transparencies, but if its doesn't look better, i'm not gonna change it...

- pletopia - 2008-10-02

i like how in the Wall you put the title of the movie into blank boxes (movies without poster's) .. i was playing around with Showcase view and its not implemented there .. just yet Wink