Kodi Community Forum
HORIZONZ: Discussion and Support Thread - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Horizonz (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=97)
+----- Thread: HORIZONZ: Discussion and Support Thread (/showthread.php?tid=37188)

- xb2iris - 2008-10-07

rectifier Wrote:As I've started adding my opinion to this specific forum, I've decided to add a few suggetions of my own (Don't know if they've been mentioned before):

I'd love it if some information was displayed on the Movie Wall View?

Also, would much appreciate a means of identifying where you are when traversing libraries? For instance, in PM3, when you move through a list, a letter pops up displaying which letter you are currenly at. Views such as Showcase would benefit greatly by adding this as a feature?

Thanks, these are just a few suggestions for me personally, and I believe others would agree. Thanks so much for the great skin, and all the ahrd work, and especially for the quick replies.

no problemo dude... we'll see what i can finish for the next release... should be good though...

XBDD Wrote:I totally agree with rectifier.

A faster file mode would be nice as well. When movie fanart is available, file mode is really slow. Wish it was as fast as the new Info view. It's wicked using that view except it's not in the File Mode. I know, you said it wouldn't fit in there because it would end up being exactly like the showcase view. That makes sense, but if you can, can you please make fanart have a delay so we can move through our files more smoothly. I'm using an xbox, and that killing me.

Thanks so much for dealing with my last request.

next release... not too far off... hang in there

- rectifier - 2008-10-07

No trouble. Hope developement goes well!

- Arkon11 - 2008-10-08

hey... ummm while you're working on this massive undertaking would you mind making me a sandwich too? Wink

keep up the good work man

- xb2iris - 2008-10-08

rectifier Wrote:No trouble. Hope developement goes well!

thanks

Arkon11 Wrote:hey... ummm while you're working on this massive undertaking would you mind making me a sandwich too? Wink

keep up the good work man

and what would u like on ur sandwich sir?

- BlackRose - 2008-10-08

Hey, any word of a new release?

- BlackRose - 2008-10-08

Just want to know if we can expect a new release anytime soon... that's all... don't mean to be overly demanding... but we are all excited and ready for the best skin to get even better...

- xb2iris - 2008-10-08

BlackRose Wrote:Just want to know if we can expect a new release anytime soon... that's all... don't mean to be overly demanding... but we are all excited and ready for the best skin to get even better...

soon enough... finishing off a few things i'd like in the next release... but it should be done soon soon... so hang in there

- KevinSartori - 2008-10-08

xb2iris, good work on this! I really appreciate all of the bug fixes! Very slick!

Quick question, any plans to incorporate RSS Feeds and Now Playing with the Lower Home scroller?

BTW, I just picked up an AppleTV at Target ($160!) and I can't wait to check out XBMC w/Horizonz on upgraded hardware! I'm a PC user, so I have to patiently wait for now...

- xb2iris - 2008-10-08

KevinSartori Wrote:xb2iris, good work on this! I really appreciate all of the bug fixes! Very slick!

Quick question, any plans to incorporate RSS Feeds and Now Playing with the Lower Home scroller?

BTW, I just picked up an AppleTV at Target ($160!) and I can't wait to check out XBMC w/Horizonz on upgraded hardware! I'm a PC user, so I have to patiently wait for now...

hmmm... not sure if im gonna incorporate anything new into the lower home scroller just yet... haven't really thought about it... but i'll keep it in mind for now... but who knows... maybe something simple...

patience is a virtue dude... but yeah, appletv should be interesting... personally, never checked xbmc on it... but should be quite good as i've heard... new release coming soon...

- midgetspy - 2008-10-08

xb2iris have you considered adding the XML needed for an Apple Movie Trailers section? Currently if you run AMT with Aeon it just goes to the PM3 skin.

And thanks again for all the hard work, you've fixed nearly all of the things missing from Aeon which is downright amazing (there were a lot)!

- roeroe - 2008-10-09

I'm having trouble replacing the default\grass background
I create a default directory and put grass.png in there but it keep flashing with
my new background and the old in xpr file

I dont like dark color because of my aging eyes :-) and I cant work out how to unpack and repack xpr files

any tips? or can you upload some where the whole structure of skins without packing it into xpr file?

Thanks

- tret - 2008-10-09

Hey first of all thanks for working on this mod. I love the simple uncluttered interface that aeon provides and this mod really improves things Smile

I just installed the latest version from the first page of this thread and everything is working great but I am experiencing an odd thing and I wanted to know if there is something I can do about it.

When viewing my movie library in "info" mode and "showcase" mode the movie backdrops that I set in AEON settings that show in every other mode is gone and there is a generic gray backdrop until a movie that has fan art is selected. Is this by design in these two modes?

Secondly while in info mode, when i scroll between movies there is a split second when a movie is first selected that the fan art is displayed, then back to the generic gray backdrop for about a half a second before the fan art loads. Any ideas?

thanks in advance, again great work, thanks so much!

Rob

- Tension113 - 2008-10-09

tret Wrote:When viewing my movie library in "info" mode and "showcase" mode the movie backdrops that I set in AEON settings that show in every other mode is gone and there is a generic gray backdrop until a movie that has fan art is selected. Is this by design in these two modes

You need to uncheck the 'disable backdrop cyclying' in Aeon\Features

- tret - 2008-10-09

Thank you sir, that definitely fixed the showcase view backdrops... any way to do the same for the info view? I don't see a gui option but maybe in the xml files somewhereHuh

- markiz - 2008-10-09

xb2iris Wrote:oh, good to know dude... now i understand why only a few things u mentioned before are non-translated... don't know if words like adult and kids are in the strings.xml... that's why they are hardcoded..

It's easy to add skin specific strings. All you need to do is to move the hardcoded english text into Horizons/language/English/strings.xml. The most important are the texts in the Main menu in Horisonz.

strings.xml contains strings ID's between 31000 thru 31999 these are reserved by XBMC for skin strings, then just add the label to the skin the same way you would add any other translatable label.

So, at start there will only be the english strings.xml. But soon I and other can help out translating your texts into different language. There is even a specific tool (XBMC Translator) that will help translators. You can also use it when building your strings.xml.

A nice guide to XBMC Translator can be found here:
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=XBMC_Translator

So. Basically, all you need to do is to move about 10 hardcoded strings into the strings.xml file and translators will handle the rest :-)

AND - within a week/month your skin will be fully internationalized!

If you need more help, this is where to ask:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?p=231311