Kodi Community Forum
HORIZONZ: Discussion and Support Thread - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Horizonz (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=97)
+----- Thread: HORIZONZ: Discussion and Support Thread (/showthread.php?tid=37188)

- xb2iris - 2008-11-11

Thanks Chipy... seems no body has replied or even read my thread post except Chipy... so, i'll just go ahead and do what I intended to do...

- xb2iris - 2008-11-11

MikeBeecham Wrote:Hi again X2biris...another couple of issues I have come across:

1) When updating movie library, the info panel at the bottom tells me it is currently downloading, etc...thats fine. However, when updating the music library, nothing is shown. You kind of have to guess when it's done.

2) When looking at pictures and listening to music at the same time, the Now playing display is situatied at a wierd X/Y coordianates, covering a lot of the photo...this, I would say, is a biggie!

Mike

1) is will get sorted soon enough... 2) i'll look into man... never even gave this a look before... but we'll see what i can do okay

hambo71 Wrote:1st- a million thank yous. This skin is truly a work of arrt in both ease of use and the way it looks. I appreciate the huge effort you have clearrly put into it.

I to am missing the instant fan art fom version 1 and, despite your instructions can't gt it working in the latest version, The fan arrt only appeas when I hoeoer a particular movie or tv show (I am using windows XBMC). Loed how it loked in the 1st version of the skin(i.e instant fan arrt backdrop as you navigated thrrough movies/tv shows and would appreciate your help in getting it working in the latest version.

Thanks again.Big Grin

got too many complaints about that instant fanart stuff coz it made naviagtion slow... so, won't be added into new build... sorry dude... too little time to actually instruct you right now

MikeBeecham Wrote:Sorry X2biris...but I found one further *blip*....

When in info or showcase mode and you scroll from movie to movie, you see the fanart for that movie flashup for a nanosecond, disappear to show the default grey background, then a few seconds later the fanart fades back in again...

...looks a bit wierd actually. Is anyone else seeing this?

Mike

that flashup is something thats impossible to get across because of all the animations and so on... happened in aeon as well, and djh couldn't get to the bottom of it either... when listitem changes, listitem.fanart is pointing to the next item for a sec... nothing i can do about it, unless i delay transition, which is impossible i'm afraid...

- xb2iris - 2008-11-11

Tension113 Wrote:Have a great time.. Don't spend too much time thinking about additions for the skin while you're away..

A couple people had asked me for this awhile ago, but I haven't been around.. Been busy dealing with some pretty important things.. (Actually Rock Band 2 came out for Ps3 O:-) )

This fixes Poster view and adds Showcase to both Adult and Clips..
and also adds the Rss feed for the lowered scroller..

I think this will be incorporated into Vol. 4, but in case that's a ways off, here ya go.. Smile

http://rapidshare.com/files/156829752/Rss.rar.html

Extract into the 720p folder of the skin

thanks for the mods dude... will probably sort all the extra sections out, and with the new universal frame hitting, it should be easier to do i hope... hope ur well dude... ur mod will be useful...

luthepa1 Wrote:Hi all,

I have been searching this thread but have not found my answer :-(

I have downloaded Horizonz v3. Awesome theme! love it! But I too have the issue with the TV shows and wideicons being squashed horizontally. Reading this thread I see there is a widecase view. But I just cant seem to find it or active it. Could someone please help me?

When I go to view mode selection I only have 4 possible selections. If you scroll to the end you can select an option to what views are avialable by toggling them on/off. I read somewhere in this thread that this is where you can enable the widecase view. But I dont see it here either! I have tried these things while in movies or TV Shows. Just cant find it. please help.

Thanks in advance,

DrP.

widecase will be out come volume IV... check my last announcement post...

pletopia Wrote:i hope that wide banners aren't taken out .. i use them for my tv shows and i REALLY like them .. there are so many other view types that are so similar that can be taken out for example "Poster" "Showcase" "Info" are all very nearly similar at least poster and showcase

and yes .. as was stated in the above post .. currently in V3 to use wide .. you need to be in Library .. its disabled in File mode as of that build

SirBC Wrote:I'm a fan of the widecase view for my TV shows as well.

Zelgadis Wrote:library view dont support ogm or mkv videos?
cos i got the tvshow.nfo and thumb to showed but "0" episodes.

yes i did perform "scan new content" still nothing.

no idea... just checked a mkv file and it works... wonder why urs isn't working or getting detected...

Chipy Wrote:Hello,

i have mod the paket from Tension113 with RSS Feed.
Now, the Icon for showed ans unshowed TV Episodes is online and in the Infoscreen is now show / unshowed Number of Eposides.

I hope this is OK Tension113 ?

http://rapidshare.com/files/158485053/Rss_new.rar

thanks for the mod chipy... thanks for keeping the minions busy while i was away... will check ur mod out and see if i can intergrate it... will be working on volume IV as of this week, so it'd be great if some of my work got cut out in the process... seems ur the new horizonz creator, no one even noticed i made an anouncement except u... l8r dude...

- xb2iris - 2008-11-11

fluidman Wrote:would it be possible to have different dvd-cover-overlays (your overlay is awesome by the way) for different types of videos? Ie use the regular one for normal videos and have one for blu-ray and one for hd-dvd vids...

if the filename is movie.avi it uses the regular one, if its movie.br.avi it uses the bluray one and when its movie.hddvd.avi it uses the hddvd one?

not possible yet dude... xbmc doesn't allow that... but a universal frame will be put into Volume IV to avoid people complaining about certain frames... hope u like it when it arrives...

daje Wrote:I wonder why I haven't tested this mod/skin before!

Been using Aeon (which is superb) since may or so, never went back to pm3, but felt that some things were missing. The new Stark will hopefully do the trick when it arrives, although after trying Horizonz I feel everything is exactly how it should be in my mediacenter.

Keep up the good work xb2iris, Horizonz is the best I've seen yet and i totally love it! Beers are on me if you ever visit my city Smile

hahaha... thanks man...

Jhcheslik Wrote:I just wanted to say that you did excellent job of filling out the void I found in Aeon. (Not that its bad)

Although...

See bolded word. ^^

I really want fanart for games! I cannot think of nothing cooler than displaying fanart when a game is 'selected'. (In showcase that is.)

Any update on this possibility?

game fanart would be great, as would music fanart... but the xbmc peops will eventually sort that out... or i hope they will...

Bram77 Wrote:I'm adding this amazing mod to the XBMC-Favorites installer. Thanks a lot!

great stuff...

- Jhcheslik - 2008-11-11

xb2iris Wrote:game fanart would be great, as would music fanart... but the xbmc peops will eventually sort that out... or i hope they will...

Thanks for the respond! Now I know it's all up to XBMC people. Smile

Jhcheslik

- pletopia - 2008-11-11

x2biris .. anyway you can either take out Poster view or Showcase instead of widecase for now since they are like nearly the same viewtype (i'd say Poster View) Wink

- dynamix - 2008-11-11

Good to hear from you, xb2iris! Good luck with bringing Horizonz to the next level!

- R111 - 2008-11-12

Poster view is old. Showcase is the new in thing. widecase is still useful.

- Doraemonn - 2008-11-12

Showcase is by far the best view there is, simply gorgeous.

PLEASE X2BIris, don't forget to include Chipy's watched/unwatched badges for all views, they're utterly indispensable when it comes to TV Shows, and very useful for Movies as well.

Glad to hear you're back in the game by the way, I really look forward to v. IV!

- midgetspy - 2008-11-14

I know this was gone over a lot before, but I have to bring it up again because it's the only thing about this skin that constantly bugs me. The UI is really intuitive except for this single thing and it drives me bonkers, hehe. It's the OSD during full screen video playback.

Currently, there are 2 OSD items:
- the "info OSD": Shows poster, title, info about movie, etc.
- the "playback OSD": Shows progress bar, total length, current time

Right now, the playback OSD comes up when you pause and the info OSD comes up when you press "i".

The info OSD is used for checking up on some info about the file that's playing. It's large, it shows up right in the middle of the screen and covers much of the movie, and it contains a bunch of text that I need to take a second to scan through and read. If I'm going to read info off a large dialog that covers much of the screen, I'm probably going to want to pause the movie since I can't see it playing anyway.

The playback OSD is small and unintrusive (bottom of the screen) and displays only 2 things (time elapsed/total time). Forcing me to pause the movie in order to check how much is left is really silly, as this is info that one would commonly wonder while watching a movie. It only takes a second to check the dialog and you can easily continue watching the movie while you look at that dialog. And I definitely wonder how much is left more than I wonder the title/info of the movie I'm watching, haha.

Does anybody else miss having a way to check how much is left in their movie?

IMO there are a 2 ways to use these OSD dialogs that both make more sense than the current one:

1) Add playback OSD to "i" view
pause button - leave as is, showing only playback OSD
"i" button - shows both the info OSD and the playback OSD

2) Switch them around
pause button - shows only the info OSD
"i" button - shows only the playback OSD

I'd love to hear what other people think of this issue, hopefully we can convince xb2iris to modify it for us! :0)

- harryzimm - 2008-11-14

@ midgetspy

I feel the same about the osd. I reckon option 1, adding the progress bar to info view would be the best solution. I dont think switching them makes much sense, after all when you push the info button you expect some info about the movie to be displayed.

I might give this a shot myself actually because having to pause the movie just to see the progress is i bit of a pain.

Anyway , not complaining xb2iris. The skin is shit-hot.

cheers

- digitalhigh - 2008-11-15

midgetspy Wrote:I know this was gone over a lot before, but I have to bring it up again because it's the only thing about this skin that constantly bugs me. The UI is really intuitive except for this single thing and it drives me bonkers, hehe. It's the OSD during full screen video playback.

Right now, the playback OSD comes up when you pause and the info OSD comes up when you press "i".

The info OSD is used for checking up on some info about the file that's playing. It's large, it shows up right in the middle of the screen and covers much of the movie, and it contains a bunch of text that I need to take a second to scan through and read. If I'm going to read info off a large dialog that covers much of the screen, I'm probably going to want to pause the movie since I can't see it playing anyway.

The playback OSD is small and unintrusive (bottom of the screen) and displays only 2 things (time elapsed/total time). Forcing me to pause the movie in order to check how much is left is really silly, as this is info that one would commonly wonder while watching a movie. It only takes a second to check the dialog and you can easily continue watching the movie while you look at that dialog. And I definitely wonder how much is left more than I wonder the title/info of the movie I'm watching, haha.

IMO there are a 2 ways to use these OSD dialogs that both make more sense than the current one:

2) Switch them around

I'd love to hear what other people think of this issue, hopefully we can convince xb2iris to modify it for us! :0)

I'd love to see this feature...just make sure to default-map it to the xbox controller for us old-skoolers. Big Grin

And it should be breathtaking. Make you just wanna sit there and press "i" over and over again.

- pletopia - 2008-11-15

@midgetspy

on my htpc (running plex) .. but by default it seems since V3 that 't' is keymapped to pull up the info panel .. 'i' pulls up the debug panel .. and 'o' pulls up the progressbar panel

looking at my keymap.xml .. i found these in the FullScreenVideo section under keyboard

<i>CodecInfo</i>
<t>Info</t>
<o>ShowTime</o>

hope that helps

- eQUIV - 2008-11-16

midgetspy Wrote:I know this was gone over a lot before, but I have to bring it up again because it's the only thing about this skin that constantly bugs me. The UI is really intuitive except for this single thing and it drives me bonkers, hehe. It's the OSD during full screen video playback.

2) Switch them around

I've mentioned this before, Xb2iris' response was this

Quote:changed that osd too many times... not a priority anymore coz i'm finally happy with the way it is... makes sense to me... so, maybe the only thing that'll change there is the graphics for now... if i even choose to look at it again... it works... so, lets be happy with it until it gets priority again... and info buttons should show media info like it does when u click it in the libraries... makes sense to me...

- xb2iris - 2008-11-17

pletopia Wrote:x2biris .. anyway you can either take out Poster view or Showcase instead of widecase for now since they are like nearly the same viewtype (i'd say Poster View) Wink

i use the poster view and don't think anyone else would like showcase to be taken out... but the new poster and list variations are really cool for wide icons... just wait and see... especially with dynamic info turned on...

dynamix Wrote:Good to hear from you, xb2iris! Good luck with bringing Horizonz to the next level!

thanks dude

R111 Wrote:Poster view is old. Showcase is the new in thing. widecase is still useful.

hmmm... i use poster view... banners are old... more people use posters now... and i'm trying to keep everyone happy... new wide icons variations of poster and list coming in... showcase will be changed to a similar look later on... thats the plan...

Doraemonn Wrote:Showcase is by far the best view there is, simply gorgeous.

PLEASE X2BIris, don't forget to include Chipy's watched/unwatched badges for all views, they're utterly indispensable when it comes to TV Shows, and very useful for Movies as well.

Glad to hear you're back in the game by the way, I really look forward to v. IV!

yeah... chipy done a great job, but as far as i can see... those things only work in list view... so, i'm going to do them in all using a different approach... hope u like the final product... hope anyone does... hehehe

2) Switch them around

i like it the way it is... info should be about checking what u watching... ever used sattelite tv... yes... it takes up most of the screen... but its info... people pause a movie to go to the toilet, not to read about the movie... i like it the way it is, and i guess i gotta like a few things about my creation now... c'mon... through me a bone here...

harryzimm Wrote:@ midgetspy

I feel the same about the osd. I reckon option 1, adding the progress bar to info view would be the best solution. I dont think switching them makes much sense, after all when you push the info button you expect some info about the movie to be displayed.

I might give this a shot myself actually because having to pause the movie just to see the progress is i bit of a pain.

Anyway , not complaining xb2iris. The skin is shit-hot.

cheers

hehehe... yeah... that issue had a time span... had a few opinions about it an age ago and decided from there where i was going... and after u change it, other people complain... then u get set on making ur own mind up... and this is how i wanted it... makes sense in my teenie tiny brain right now...

pletopia Wrote:@midgetspy

on my htpc (running plex) .. but by default it seems since V3 that 't' is keymapped to pull up the info panel .. 'i' pulls up the debug panel .. and 'o' pulls up the progressbar panel

looking at my keymap.xml .. i found these in the FullScreenVideo section under keyboard

<i>CodecInfo</i>
<t>Info</t>
<o>ShowTime</o>

hope that helps

eQUIV Wrote:I've mentioned this before, Xb2iris' response was this

thanks for helping the dudies out