Kodi Community Forum
HORIZONZ: Discussion and Support Thread - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Horizonz (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=97)
+----- Thread: HORIZONZ: Discussion and Support Thread (/showthread.php?tid=37188)

- pletopia - 2008-12-07

Kingsley .. you will also have to enable a couple settings

Settings -> Aeon -> Features
-enable Media Information Panel (applies to Wall View)
-enable Dynamic media information panel (applies to list and Poster View)

that should get it going for you Wink

- Kingsley - 2008-12-07

Cheers guys!

Seems I had everything enabled, it just wasn't on library view.

As you might of guessed, just starting using XBMC!

Anyone with any ideas on how to stop the wall cover art from being faded?

- dynamix - 2008-12-08

Kingsley Wrote:Cheers guys!

Welcome in the lovely world of XBMC, Kingsley! Be aware: XBMC is addictive Smile

I don't think there is an option to disable the fading. It's the way the view is at the moment. It could be that xb2iris will pick up your request when he is able to work on volume IV.

- xb2iris - 2008-12-08

XBDD Wrote:Just donated a few hours ago, sorry I took so long, had to verify my account. Anyways, Screenshots look amazing. I was wondering when those Dialogs were going to be dealt with. But that's such a good idea. Do they slide in and out like the time panel?

Anyhow, like the fact that your trying to finish this Horizonz before you branch! Thats good. Gives you more time to concentrate on the look. Hey, hows it doing recruiting that guy from devianart to do Horizonz graphics? I adore his gallery. 34 Daily Deviations is crazy, but he's the best designer I've come across in an age. How far away does he stay from you?

thanks man... yeah, the dialogs are exactly like the time bars... the ones i've finished look pretty cool... so, i'm hoping this feature makes dialogs a little less of a headache... and no, his not in just yet... thinking about it... doesn't know if it'd improve his portfolio... go figure...

Doraemonn Wrote:I really like the new dialog design. Looking forward to the new version. Any estimate as to when you might be ready to test it?

hmmm... its unusable is parts right now... if i got my hands on a place to finish this thing off, it'd probably be done in a few days... i have a lot of free time... but yeah, asked a mate if he could borrow me his, coz he never uses it, but his thinking about it... so we'll see... as for buying a pc... trying to sell some stuff, so with the donation fund, i'll be able to... but we'll see, hopefully soon...

digitalhigh Wrote:CANCEL BUTTONS ON THE DIALOGUES! FINALLY!!

Whew...got that out of the way.

The dialogues are beautiful. I see that the letter view is the only one devoid of some kind of progress bar...what about having a bar there to reflect how far through the entire collection the person is?

Just a thought. Either way, I like the little attention to detail you're putting into everything. The subtle stuff is what everybody notices but can't quite put their finger on...

So what do you mean when you say "make it more graphic-oriented"?

that idea is good, no idea if its doable, but i'll look into it as soon as possible... graphic orientated... well... lets just say... i'll be changing a lot of graphics to get away from its aeon look... trying a few new things as well... since this skin is close to having everything it should have in it... i'll be messing with the interface after its closer to done i.e. after volume iv comes out... which i hope will be soon... i'm thinking up a lot of ideas, but i can't do them, which sucks... but yeah, i hope a new look will be come along maybe february or so depending on when volume iv gets released... dam, why couldn't that pc have blown a week later, i'm sure it would've been stable for release...

- xb2iris - 2008-12-08

pletopia Wrote:looks very nice xb2iris .. looking forward to testing out the next build Smile

thanks dude

bluey Wrote:Why can't i install in the latest svn version on linux? It says something about incompatibility and version 2.

like pletopia says... if it ain't installed in the correct way, it says that... basically the hierachy is wrong, something like this...

xbmc/skins/horizonz - an aeon mod/horizonz - an aeon mod

pletopia Wrote:make sure you extracted Vol. 3 properly
into your skin dir .. put the horizon dir .. and that the horizon dir inside has a 720p etc

lot of times you get the horizon's dir (which has the 720p dir etc) inside another parent horizon's dir Wink

ever the helpful one... do i even have to come to this internet cafe to check if i need to help someone out... dammit dude... ur a legend...

dynamix Wrote:xb2iris, what a brilliant idea for those dialogs. Dynamically changing dialogs, cool! Also like the way you integrated the progress bar. Very clean and sexy.

yeah... most of those pics are mockups, but yeah, i should get them to work like that... won't be to hard... hard thing will be getting the priority list sorted... but again, should be doable... thanks for the encouragement dude... great to hear

- xb2iris - 2008-12-08

Kingsley Wrote:Sorry if I'm being silly, but does anyone know how to change:

1) When in Wall view, the colouration of the thumbs. Id rather cover art wasn't greyed out.

2) The size of the zooms of the cover art when they are highlighted?

Thanks!

if you have any xml experience, check the wallview.xml out... u can change anything u want... coz at the mome, i'm unable to do any editing... but what do u mean by the coloration? and the zoom is uniform, and involves a few xml alterations... but yeah, like i said, me has no way of changing it and no code to reference what 2 change over here...

six_storm Wrote:Everything looks awesome xb2iris! Clean your PMs out dude, I can't send you a reply there. Let me know what I can help on buddy.

just did man... glad u like... nyways... will let u know about nything that comes up... make me a sandwich... hehehe...

Kingsley Wrote:Another question, sorry guys!

Just been looking at the release thread and have a couple of qs.

In this pic:

http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n279/throughtheiris25/2-3.jpg

How do you get the Movie infomation to show next to the cover? Can't find anywhere to enable that..

and in this picture:
http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n279/throughtheiris25/4-3.jpg

How do you get the infomation to show like that?

thats the info view... not the showcase... and it'll always show like that, if u pause on an item for a few seconds... the second is the wall view... and if u've selected an item on the right side of the screen, that info will show up on the left of the screen, if the option in aeon->features is enabled which specifies that info should show up...

- xb2iris - 2008-12-08

six_storm Wrote:I just thought I would share what other forums on the net have been requesting of Horizonz. I have been a member of NVNews.net forums for almost 5 years and some of the members there are loving Horizonz. Here is what nekrosoft13 has to say:

Just thought I would post this to see what everyone says. xb2iris, clean your inbox out!!!! Big Grin

hectic... never knew this skin was in other forums... maybe u can be its daddy on that site... hehehe... list is good... adding some of those ideas to my todo list...

dynamix Wrote:Kingsley, if you use the library mode the info will pop-up after a few seconds when selecting a movie/tv show.

Steps to take:

- in filemode set the content for the map which includes your movies/tvshows
- pick a scraper, for example imdb for movies and tvdb for tv shows
- scan for new content (info, cover and fanart are scraped)
- go into librarymode

Now select a movie and voila after a few seconds the info window will pop up! Nod

thanks for being helpful... what would i do without helpful dudes like u...

pletopia Wrote:Kingsley .. you will also have to enable a couple settings

Settings -> Aeon -> Features
-enable Media Information Panel (applies to Wall View)
-enable Dynamic media information panel (applies to list and Poster View)

that should get it going for you Wink

u helping again... dam man... have to start making a list of the helpful ones so i can mention u guys in the special thanks section...

Kingsley Wrote:Cheers guys!

like i said before... the code needs editing...

dynamix Wrote:Welcome in the lovely world of XBMC, Kingsley! Be aware: XBMC is addictive Smile

I don't think there is an option to disable the fading. It's the way the view is at the moment. It could be that xb2iris will pick up your request when he is able to work on volume IV.

thanks again man

- pletopia - 2008-12-08

xb2iris Wrote:ever the helpful one... Do i even have to come to this internet cafe to check if i need to help someone out... Dammit dude... Ur a legend...

xb2iris Wrote:u helping again... Dam man... Have to start making a list of the helpful ones so i can mention u guys in the special thanks section...

haha Smile

- dynamix - 2008-12-09

xb2iris Wrote:thanks for being helpful... what would i do without helpful dudes like u...

thanks again man

No problemo! Glad i can help Wink

- missy_xbmc - 2008-12-09

Hey guys. How's those donations coming? 54% seems to be the number of the day. Thats so much closer than when I donated at the beginning!

Anyways, C'mon PEOPLES, donate, I want Volume IV out as soon as possible. The screenshots are looking mighty promising, don't you think. Hes said he'll need a week or less to put this thing up after he gets a PC, so lets help him get one.

It's XMAS! Give the skinner dude a XMAS gift and I'm sure he'll give us all a SPLENDID Gift right back! WOW, those Dialogs look great!!!!! I'm excited enough to donate again, even though I'm a poor student without a holiday job! C'mon Y'ALL!!!!

- nekrosoft13 - 2008-12-10

xb2iris Wrote:hectic... never knew this skin was in other forums... maybe u can be its daddy on that site... hehehe... list is good... adding some of those ideas to my todo list...

XBMC is quite popular in other places Wink

number 3(font) and 4(watched/unwatched notification) are the most important Wink

None of the Polish special characters show up (ę,ą,ł,ó,ś etc..)

- BlackRose - 2008-12-10

I totally agree with missy_xbmc... us females are abusing you guys donationwise. We're the only ones of a few who have done something to help XB2IRIS! What I mean is, with over 15,000 downloads and all only coming from this site I believe, how can only a few have a few spare pounds laying around to donate. That doesn't make any sense!

Seems, that all most people do is tell XB2IRIS what they need or want in the skin, and when he puts it in there, all he gets is them downloading his skin, with no thank you and most definately, no donation. That is completely wrong in my opionion.

Well, as it is, ask for whatever you want, it won't be added coz if you haven't heard, Horizonz is not in production right now, due to its developer not having a pc to do it on. And with XB2IRIS close to securing one of the best Graphic Designers out there to do his graphics, this is the skin to watch. How unappreciative are peopleHuh It's crazy!

- xb2iris - 2008-12-10

pletopia Wrote:haha Smile

Wink < this looks a bit dodgy doesn't it... me winking right back at yah! hmmm

dynamix Wrote:No problemo! Glad i can help Wink

thanks man

missy_xbmc Wrote:Hey guys. How's those donations coming? 54% seems to be the number of the day. Thats so much closer than when I donated at the beginning!

Anyways, C'mon PEOPLES, donate, I want Volume IV out as soon as possible. The screenshots are looking mighty promising, don't you think. Hes said he'll need a week or less to put this thing up after he gets a PC, so lets help him get one.

It's XMAS! Give the skinner dude a XMAS gift and I'm sure he'll give us all a SPLENDID Gift right back! WOW, those Dialogs look great!!!!! I'm excited enough to donate again, even though I'm a poor student without a holiday job! C'mon Y'ALL!!!!

it's up to like 55% now, so things are going really slow... it seems this skin has lost a few fans over the last bit... but yeah, what can we expect... guess it's up to me to win them back...

nyways... not expecting much on the donation front... its not that i don't mind waiting, i know there are a few people dying for a new release... and i wish i had something to give you guys... but i'm not going to complain... things should hot up around february or so the way things are going... and thats all i can say for now... can't fight off situation no matter now much i wanted to... sorry babes... but thats life...

- xb2iris - 2008-12-10

nekrosoft13 Wrote:XBMC is quite popular in other places Wink

number 3(font) and 4(watched/unwatched notification) are the most important Wink

None of the Polish special characters show up (ę,ą,ł,ó,ś etc..)

i didn't know that... eish... i'm so unbeknowing... nyways... i get yah... 4 is already done for volume iv... and i had a few candidates for 3 when my pc blew... luckily all that stuff is on my external... but guess changing things is outta the question right now... hoping a mate will borrow the money (with the donations) to get a pc, but who knows... hopefully i'll be able to mezmerize u guys with Volume IV this year still... tons of updates are done, something like 35 or so... but its very unstable and the osd is F&&^&$D right now... if those things weren't like that, i'd release, but itrs pointless getting something incomplete out...

BlackRose Wrote:I totally agree with missy_xbmc... us females are abusing you guys donationwise. We're the only ones of a few who have done something to help XB2IRIS! What I mean is, with over 15,000 downloads and all only coming from this site I believe, how can only a few have a few spare pounds laying around to donate. That doesn't make any sense!

Seems, that all most people do is tell XB2IRIS what they need or want in the skin, and when he puts it in there, all he gets is them downloading his skin, with no thank you and most definately, no donation. That is completely wrong in my opionion.

Well, as it is, ask for whatever you want, it won't be added coz if you haven't heard, Horizonz is not in production right now, due to its developer not having a pc to do it on. And with XB2IRIS close to securing one of the best Graphic Designers out there to do his graphics, this is the skin to watch. How unappreciative are peopleHuh It's crazy!

u madass... again attacking people... there've been a ton of donations... and i'm greatful for that... guess i'll have to wait and see if donations heat up come xmas... i'm so impatient with things the way they stand at this moment... got so many things written down to do and finish... some great things... but if february is the soonest it'll be coming ur way... what can we do...

- rectifier - 2008-12-10

I MISS HORIZONZ. *WEEP* *WEEP*

This skin has more potential than any skin alive. Making the skin fully workable, and then making it look special. Thats a work of genius! C'mon guys, bring on the donations! 15,000 downloads. WOW, i'd expect that! Where is everyone NOWHuh It's making me crazy! Stop hibernating biatches, and Save Horizonz!?!?!?!?!