Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] iTunes and iPhoto integration plugins for XBMC - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Music Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=148)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] iTunes and iPhoto integration plugins for XBMC (/showthread.php?tid=37313)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26

- jingai - 2010-10-14

Also of note: I've gotten the plugin to work on Windows (well, WINE to be exact). There was a minor issue that prevented it from working at all. This will also be in the next release.

Although since I received no bug reports from Windows users, I'm not sure anyone will even care.. lol.. but there it is.

-jingai

- CloudDweller - 2010-10-14

Thanks for all your hard work. By the way will you be updating your iTunes plugin as I'd love to have all my playlists etc... available?

- jingai - 2010-10-14

CloudDweller Wrote:Thanks for all your hard work. By the way will you be updating your iTunes plugin as I'd love to have all my playlists etc... available?

The iTunes plugin isn't mine, actually. I have it on my to-do list to port the old one (or write a new one), but honestly I don't personally have any issues with using XBMC's built-in music library so it's not really high priority for me. I generally only use smart playlists in iTunes and I can replicate that easily enough in XBMC with its built-in smart playlists.

That said, it should be pretty similar to my iPhoto plugin. If anyone else is feeling adventurous, they could start there.

-jingai

- CloudDweller - 2010-10-15

I also use smart playlists in iTunes, but I also listen to a lot of music on my iPhone and iPod so when they sync with iTunes, they update the playlists in iTunes but this information doesn't get passed to XBMC. Unless you know of a way to sync these together?

- jingai - 2010-10-15

CloudDweller Wrote:I also use smart playlists in iTunes, but I also listen to a lot of music on my iPhone and iPod so when they sync with iTunes, they update the playlists in iTunes but this information doesn't get passed to XBMC. Unless you know of a way to sync these together?

No, sorry, there is no current way to do that.

-jingai

- CloudDweller - 2010-10-18

I can't switch the order of the events from ascending to descending. If this something that's possible or not? I can switch between default, name and date but none of the views allow me to change the order.

- jingai - 2010-10-18

CloudDweller Wrote:I can't switch the order of the events from ascending to descending. If this something that's possible or not? I can switch between default, name and date but none of the views allow me to change the order.

It's doing the same thing for me. I am pretty sure I don't have to hint the skin/XBMC to enable descending order sorts..? Anyone know?

-jingai

iPhoto 1.2.0 - jingai - 2010-10-22

Just thought I'd let everyone know here, I've added Faces and Keywords support in iPhoto 1.2.0. It should be available for update now Smile

-jingai

**** warning **** - jingai - 2010-10-23

WARNING: If you need this plugin, the iPhoto from iLife '11 COMPLETELY breaks this plugin. It has changed so drastically that I don't know when I will be able to update it..

-jingai

- pecinko - 2010-10-23

jingai Wrote:Just thought I'd let everyone know here, I've added Faces and Keywords support in iPhoto 1.2.0. It should be available for update now Smile

-jingai

Thanks. Updated and tested. So far it works great!

- pecinko - 2010-10-23

jingai Wrote:WARNING: If you need this plugin, the iPhoto from iLife '11 COMPLETELY breaks this plugin. It has changed so drastically that I don't know when I will be able to update it..

-jingai

Confused

I won't be updating till the end of year but it's unfortunate that compatibility is broken.. No

- draakje - 2010-10-25

Hi, I just discovered the iPhoto plugin and would love to use it, but whenever I try to launch it I get: "error: script failed!: addon.py". I have no coding skills whatsoever, so don't know where to look for the problem.. Any idea what the problem could be and how to solve it?
I downloaded the plugin today through xbmc, am tried using it with Dharma beta3 with the Alaska skin on Mac OSX Snow Leopard, and have my iPhoto library in the original location. If you need more information I'd be happy to provide it.
Thanks in advance!

- pecinko - 2010-10-25

draakje Wrote:Hi, I just discovered the iPhoto plugin and would love to use it, but whenever I try to launch it I get: "error: script failed!: addon.py".

Welcome to the forums :-)

- Make sure you downloaded latest version (1.2.0).
- Hit "C" or use remote to get context menu
- Choose Addon settings
- Check path to AlbumData.xml

It should work nicely, as long as you don't use it with iLife 11.

Otherwise, post a link to your debug log, so Jingai can check it out.

why not videos? - gatto_mannaro - 2010-10-25

Hello here!!
thanx you alot for this wonderful plugin... incredible useful!
there is just a thing that I would like to have... in many events of iphoto I've some movies, that iPhoto plays when I run the slideshow.
It would be really great if this plugin can do the same!
best regards

- draakje - 2010-10-26

pecinko Wrote:Welcome to the forums :-)

- Make sure you downloaded latest version (1.2.0).
- Hit "C" or use remote to get context menu
- Choose Addon settings
- Check path to AlbumData.xml

It should work nicely, as long as you don't use it with iLife 11.

Otherwise, post a link to your debug log, so Jingai can check it out.

Great, it works! I had to manually set the path to AlbumData.xml and didn't discover the context menu before, but now it works and it's awesome! Xbmc keeps getting better and better :-) So thanks Pecinko for the warm welcome, and thanks Jingai for this great plugin!