Kodi Community Forum
Do you think that Team-XBMC should keep developing XBMC for the Xbox? - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=222)
+--- Forum: Kodi related discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Thread: Do you think that Team-XBMC should keep developing XBMC for the Xbox? (/showthread.php?tid=37563)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

- arnova - 2009-01-02

Gamester17 Wrote:No, off-topic see http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=9299

My comment was meant more sarcastic ;-)

- Gamester17 - 2009-01-02

I was only pointing out to warwon that the Xbox360 has not been hacked in that way yet.

I was not correcting you arnova Wink

- digitalhigh - 2009-01-02

Gamester17 Wrote:I was only pointing out to warwon that the Xbox360 has not been hacked in that way yet.

I was not correcting you arnova Wink

Gamester, Check the other thread...

- warwon - 2009-01-02

Confused look, never said anything about the Xbox 360 Huh

- digitalhigh - 2009-01-02

He was talking to LeandroPT...

- althekiller - 2009-01-03

Another off topic, rambling, pointless post!

- digitalhigh - 2009-01-03

althekiller Wrote:Another off topic, rambling, pointless post!

No...that was people asking questions. Pointless is berating people for no reason in a discussion you were otherwise not involved in.

Right.
Question about 360 in the "keep developing xbox?" thread. - off topic.
Took 9 posts to get no where - pointless rambling.

See post #8 as far as me not being involved in the conversation.

- digitalhigh - 2009-01-03

althekiller Wrote:Right.
Question about 360 in the "keep developing xbox?" thread. - off topic.
Took 9 posts to get no where - pointless rambling.

See post #8 as far as me not being involved in the conversation.

It's a 21 page thread. The last time you had anything to say was post #8?

I'm not trying to pick a fight with you dude...I just don't see why it bothers you so much if somebody happens to ask a question that you already know the answer to or that's already been asked. People can't learn anything if you just make a snide comment...

- nikiiv - 2009-01-03

This thread is useless, believe me...
I was like many of you guys thinking - what the hell, who wants 720p and 1080p content, when having old 21inch CRT TV and running my good old XBOX with XBMC.. And one day my old TV just died, I went to the store and decided to get a shiny new Sammy 32inch.. same day I connected vga cable from my PC to my new LCD and fetched 720p Battlestar Galactica episode.. well. this was the day I moved entirely to HD..
Sooner or later all people here "not interested in HD" will become HD fans..
Frankly sometimes I dream of a clever guy who can come up with H.264 decoding algorithm fast enough to run on XBOX cpu.. dreams are for free...
Now I own two HTPC with fast enough CPUs to decode 1080p and ordered ATV just for fun..
and believe me I will never sell my old XBOX.. it is nicely packaged in the wardrobe waiting.. for some nostalgia days.. but the future is for HTPCs and HD content.

- warwon - 2009-01-03

The reason I think windows will be a bigger play in HTPC market in the future is really Windows 7.

No other OS can play blue-ray from the disc, it handles H.264 decoding about the same if not better then some distros (I'm a big fan of open-source, and I believe a properly configured distro can handle HD content well, but requires a lot of work)

Windows 7 will have divx out of the box, full H.264, ACC, AC3 audio support.

Windows is the only OS that is capable of playing back HD movies.

Do not get me started on download content, if you do not live in the US it's a different story.

In Canada and some other parts of the world, downloadable content is even further off in the future then most people know.

We have barely a few hundred movies on Apple Itunes, only a 150 on xbox live to download that’s it.

Blue-ray is a big stable in these countries as it the second easiest way to HD material other then cable/sat.

Windows can play HD-DVD, Blue-ray, and DVD without any fuss (as long you got Arcsoft, Powerdvd, or Windvd btw).

There might be linux kernel support in the next year for content restricted drivers from ATI, but that’s a big freaken BUT.

So I’m here to stay and put up a big 1. for Windows, as it’s the only format that lets me enjoy my media, my way.

- spiff - 2009-01-03

let me correct that for you

Quote:So I’m here to stay and put up a big 1. for Windows, as it’s the only format that lets me enjoy my media, their way.

- Voinage - 2009-01-03

Ha ha ha lol

To be honest as i have stated previously -

I think everyone loves the xbox, what a machine.
Nostalgia aside - EVEN I (who only ever developed plugins for xbox) must bow and move on to the other platforms.
If something can function on the xbox as well, great.
But as sites are starting to offer HD content at higher res and quality the 64mb dynamo cannot keep up - Sadly.

Let`s move along people, the bus is being held up........

warwon Wrote:...I'm a big fan of open-source...
And you support DRM (eg. iTunes, bluray)? These two are mutually exclusive my friend.

- warwon - 2009-01-03

Yes I do support, and do everything I can promote open source where I live.

I use only distros on my laptops, and I have my router running a linux kernel also.

But I don't agree with DRM, I hate the way itunes locks everything down.

But the only DRM I don't mind is blue-ray. I see no reason I can't enjoy somthing, just because everyone is scared of a little bit of drm.

Blue-ray I feel does have a lot of great features missing from DVD's, but yes the DRM sucks, but if it has to be there way not; not hard to comply with.

And to spiff Tongue

Shurgs just my viewpoint, thats why I'm glad XBMC is also in Windows