Kodi Community Forum
New EventGhost EventClient for XBMC available - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Windows (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+---- Thread: New EventGhost EventClient for XBMC available (/showthread.php?tid=38160)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

- acbeef - 2009-04-24

Glad it worked out for you.... I got tired of screwing with all of the delays.

If anyone else wants to test it with out completely disabling the ehtray.exe
just kill it in the task manager, disable eventghost mappings for up,down.left,right,center and then run XBMC

- byronl - 2009-04-24

bramblepants Wrote:I would now recommend that the easiest way to get your repeats and everything working is to disable ehtray.exe (which you can google), DONT allow the MCE Plugin in EG to disable the HID and then disable any of the directions you've got setup in EG, as you wont need them. Same goes for keyboard directions.
Cool

I'm sure I played with this before and found it problematic if want to control MCE. I need to test again and see what the issue was.

B

- acbeef - 2009-04-24

I dont think you will be able to use both vista media center and XBMC with this method

- LaTropa64 - 2009-04-24

byronl Wrote:I'm sure I played with this before and found it problematic if want to control MCE. I need to test again and see what the issue was.

B

To use both MCE and XBMC, I leave ehtray alone and leave HID enabled and then you only have to map some buttons in eventghost to use with XBMC. There are only four buttons that can't be mapped since they are exclusive to MCE.

My guide is here: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=48667

- bramblepants - 2009-04-24

LaTropa64 Wrote:To use both MCE and XBMC, I leave ehtray alone and leave HID enabled and then you only have to map some buttons in eventghost to use with XBMC. There are only four buttons that can't be mapped since they are exclusive to MCE.

My guide is here: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=48667

Just out of curiosity, why do you use both? Not that there's anything wrong with it! Big Grin

- LaTropa64 - 2009-04-25

bramblepants Wrote:Just out of curiosity, why do you use both? Not that there's anything wrong with it! Big Grin

Live TV and DVR functionality in MCE is easy to use and works great.

- byronl - 2009-05-06

One odd issue in the latest Jonib XBMC:Repeat plugin (and I'm not sure it's a plugin issue).

I've remapped by up/down keys (all in the remote section) to be emulated keystrokes instead of the actual plugin command. This speeds up scrolling in file lists signficantly as discussed earlier.

ie. for up I have
MceRemote.Up
Emulate Keystrok:{Up}
Autorepeat Current macro:0.5

The odd part is that now up/down in the on screen keyboard won't work. Up/down works everywhere else. Not sure now if it worked with the original plugin or not.

I wonder if there is a mapping missing or it's an xbmc issue. I'll ask on the XBMC forum as well.

This doesn't affect me much since I rarely use the keyboard anyway (and I have an IR keyboard). It's just wierd.

Thanks

Byron

- bramblepants - 2009-05-06

byronl Wrote:One odd issue in the latest Jonib XBMC:Repeat plugin (and I'm not sure it's a plugin issue).

I've remapped by up/down keys (all in the remote section) to be emulated keystrokes instead of the actual plugin command. This speeds up scrolling in file lists signficantly as discussed earlier.

ie. for up I have
MceRemote.Up

The odd part is that now up/down in the on screen keyboard won't work. Up/down works everywhere else. Not sure now if it worked with the original plugin or not.

I wonder if there is a mapping missing or it's an xbmc issue. I'll ask on the XBMC forum as well.

This doesn't affect me much since I rarely use the keyboard anyway (and I have an IR keyboard). It's just wierd.

Thanks

Byron

I'm not sure on this, but I think this could be a known issue with his plugin. I know he's been seeing issues with the direction keys, so has suggested mapping them to dpadup, dpadright etc etc. Not sure if this same issue affects you or not. Prob worth having a read through the thread on the EventGhost forum...

I'm still having problems with the reliability of my setup. Everything works sweet for most of the time, but occasionally I'll resume my machine and something plays up, like some of the buttons wont work...it's driving me mad Huh

- eriksmith200 - 2009-05-06

byronl Wrote:One odd issue in the latest Jonib XBMC:Repeat plugin (and I'm not sure it's a plugin issue).

ie. for up I have
MceRemote.Up

Thanks

Byron

you might have to set navigatevirtualkeyboard to true in advancedsettings.xml:
http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=Advancedsettings.xml#.3Cnavigatevirtualkeyboard.3E

- byronl - 2009-05-06

eriksmith200 Wrote:you might have to set navigatevirtualkeyboard to true in advancedsettings.xml:
http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=Advancedsettings.xml#.3Cnavigatevirtualkeyboard.3E

I'll have to try it! Thanks!

EDIT: Works perfectly now. Thanks.

B

- gazoo - 2009-05-13

I'm new to the forum, and I have a question. I am a long time user of EG on GB-PVR and I just went ahead and did my own mapping and it works OK. However, it would work better if there was a plugin which made EG XBMC event aware (like knowing if you were doing video vs music, etc.)

I am not sure if that is the case or not. I read all the posts, but I am still unclear as to whether or not there is an event aware xbmc plugin or if there is just a keymapping available for it (which I've already done and won't need.)

Thank you..

- rflores2323 - 2009-05-21

gazoo Wrote:I'm new to the forum, and I have a question. I am a long time user of EG on GB-PVR and I just went ahead and did my own mapping and it works OK. However, it would work better if there was a plugin which made EG XBMC event aware (like knowing if you were doing video vs music, etc.)

I am not sure if that is the case or not. I read all the posts, but I am still unclear as to whether or not there is an event aware xbmc plugin or if there is just a keymapping available for it (which I've already done and won't need.)

Thank you..

take a look at this thread

http://www.eventghost.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=1562&hilit=xbmc

- cgmark - 2009-05-22

I wanted some buttons to repeat when held down and others not to. Like volume to repeat , but not play. I found an easy fix. I set the MCE plugin to .10, a really fast repeat. Then under each macro I put the actions:
Wait: 0.2 sec
Clear Pending Events

Set wait to whatever works best for you. It is the time the button will repeat while it is held down. So if you set play to wait .5 sec, then for as long as you hold down the button the event will repeat every .5 sec. Clear Pending Events removes the extra key presses

So for volume it looks like:
MceRemote.VolumeUp
XBMC: Volume Up
Wait: 0.2 sec
Clear Pending Events

I can now set each item to repeat or not repeat by just changing the wait time.

multiple remotes? - modernninja - 2010-10-11

Have a number of remotes( fios, my onkyo receiver, my mygica hd thriller hd pvr card remote, my morola backflip. Would like to pare down but in the meantime, would like them all to handle similar functions between xbmc, other programs, and various devices in my living room to include tvs, fios, and a remote backlight system I built using an rf receiver(has an oversized single throw remote that id love to integrate into an all in one.

First, how would I implement program sensitive controls (I.e. one button performing different functions depedent upon the menu or program I'm in, and second, can anyone recommend a remote that is both rf and ir friendly, fios friendly, and which will integrate everything to include lighting, but at a price tag under 200 bucks?

RE: New EventGhost EventClient for XBMC available - dingocc - 2014-02-12

Without EG installed my Windows Media Centre remote works just fine but only for the basics such as play, stop, pause and nav'ing around the menu's. I didn't configure XBMC or the remote, it just worked out of the box.

Now I'd like to wire up some specific functions such as disable/enable sub-titles in movies to the remote. Do I really need EG for this or is there a config file somewhere that I can edit?