Kodi Community Forum
[WINDOWS] HOW-TO setup Sony PS3 Bluetooth Remote Control to work with XBMC - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Windows (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+---- Thread: [WINDOWS] HOW-TO setup Sony PS3 Bluetooth Remote Control to work with XBMC (/showthread.php?tid=38333)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38

I can't access the site... - jcnz2000 - 2009-11-09

Hi

Can someone tell me where to download this app cos Bens/Cheetahs link doesnt seem to be working anymore. Or if someone is really nice they could email me the app or upload it somewhere?

Thanks

- brian_M - 2009-11-09

jcnz2000 Wrote:Hi

Can someone tell me where to download this app cos Bens/Cheetahs link doesnt seem to be working anymore. Or if someone is really nice they could email me the app or upload it somewhere?

Thanks

http://www.twobeds.com/upload/userfiles/uploader/PS3%20Remote%20Application%20Installer.exe

- brian_M - 2009-11-09

cheetah05 has not been on here for some time - so i suspect that development has ended for this nice little app .. his web page is gone but GIYF and the app is still online as i posted above ..

I have not tried it - but I believe the battery issue still remains ...

- xexe - 2009-11-09

This tool really is excellent but as posted above batterys just die since BT never turns off making it a very expensive option.

Such as shame. One feature away from making it a very slick solution.

- sIRwa2 - 2009-11-10

Hm im sad to hear Ben has left the building.. tnx for providing an alternate download link.. as the requestor of the this app i feel sorry, i really hoped it would be finished and fully working.. the battery drain is the only real short coming it has.. i use this app almost every day..

Maybe there is an other programmer that wants to take ben's place and finish it.. as i don't have any programming skills..

to be continued..

- langmarker - 2009-12-04

It is my primary way for controlling the XBMC, works like a charm.
Beats the hell out of the iPhone when using for movies and such.

Music - thats the only thing where the iPhone beats it.

Edit: Website back up. Message at another web site just a couple of days ago.
But... "Hasn't been updated in a while though because I don't have time at the moment."

- sneeks - 2009-12-04

Does anyone here know if the Belkin Mini Bluetooth Adapter works with Windows 7 and the PS3 remote?

- cheetah05 - 2009-12-17

My website is now backup and you can download the application by going to: Http://www.benbarron.com/applications

sneeks Wrote:Does anyone here know if the Belkin Mini Bluetooth Adapter works with Windows 7 and the PS3 remote?

You should be able to hack it to work easily by editing to the bth.ini file (google it)

xexe Wrote:Any update on autodisconnect/battery saving etc

There is no update on this yet. I did find a way to do this but it's more a hack than anything else so it's really the best way.

xexe Wrote:This tool really is excellent but as posted above batterys just die since BT never turns off making it a very expensive option.

Such as shame. One feature away from making it a very slick solution.

The remote does actually go into hibernate on its own IIRC, but it does take a very long time.....I can't remember how long though. Everytime you switch your HTPC off or put it in stnadby it will automatically switch the remote off (I know that for sure).

- Revoer - 2009-12-19

I have a problem, maybe a simple one, but I haven’t been able to solve it and its driving me crazy, the app seems to work just fine, the remote works in firefox, most windows (w7 home starter) apps, but i can’t just make it work with XBMC, nothing,,, is death. I’m new using XBMC so i don’t know if there is something more I should do to make XBMC to recognize it.

Thanks in advance for your help.

- cault - 2009-12-20

Hello everyone,
I have the same problem as Revoer: the app is not working with Camelot RC1 on win7.

Works with everything else but it is like it does not think that xbmc is on top and so no input is visible. Other apps are not impacted while xbmc is on top (if I was on the desktop before switching to xbmc, input are not applied to the desktop).
I tried xbmc in true fullscreen, window fullscreen and windowed but no impact.

Did someone manage to have the app working on win7?

Edit:Also, I am usung mpc as external player. When I launch mpc from windows, no problem, the app is working. But when I use the external player option of xbmc, it is not.

- cheetah05 - 2010-01-02

Check that XBMC is the focussed application....

Can you navigate XBMC with your keyboard fine. If so, the application should work.

Hope this helps.

- neil.j1983 - 2010-01-02

i dont know how useful it is, but i've posted up my xml, if it is useful, I can tidy it up a bit.

i use the attached .xml with my ps3 remote, for xbmc, and zoomplayer as external player.

the mpc-hc might work, but i might have undone some of the mpc-ch to get zoomplayer working.

it starts in "start" mode which if you press triangle will put you in mouse mode with enter as left click and cross as right click.

the numerical keys are presets for display resolutions.

the colored keys start my various versions of xbmc, yellow will launch xbmc in portable mode from c:\program files(x86)\xbmc

once inside xbmc its all pretty straight forward.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=E9CYM8TY

- Revoer - 2010-01-08

cheetah05 Wrote:Check that XBMC is the focussed application....

Can you navigate XBMC with your keyboard fine. If so, the application should work.

Hope this helps.

Hi, Thanks.

Yes it is the focused application, 99% sure cause i can navigate using the mouse or keyboard, but not using the remote.

I still have the problem, so if some one know how to solve it i will appreciate your help.

Thanks.

BDRemotePowerFix beta 1 - superarcan - 2010-02-04

Ok, for 3-4 weeks i try to find a solution to power problem of BD remote / PS3 Remote, not a result.
So i decide to do it myself .

Application is not a plug-in, it is an exe and is very very beta. If prove to work , i make it more cool/usable.

I test on: Windows XP 32bit , Microsoft Bluetooth stack, last eventghost and last version of PS3 plug-in, Plz test in other configurations, but Windows 7 i do not think it work, and also with other stack i do not think it work.
The app when run check to see if 5 min pass from the last time you use the remote and if so try to put it to sleep.

The app can interact/disturb with other bluetooth HID device, like mouse , keyboard ...
At start up may disturb bluetooth communication (10s).
In eventghost log some error must appear. is ok like this.

PLZ ck to see if life of battery is better.

if all work fine i make this a windows service or a systray application.
PLZ feedback.

http://www.eventghost.org/forum/download/file.php?id=1194

- sIRwa2 - 2010-02-04

Very Nice Work superarcan. im glad somone picked up the ball. i dont use eventghost. but i'll give it a try.. this feature is the last thing that makes the remote app finished..

Keep up the great work.