Kodi Community Forum
themoviedb.org (TMDb) - The Open Movie Database (wiki-based, register and contribute) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Meta-Data provider and Artwork Packs (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=71)
+--- Thread: themoviedb.org (TMDb) - The Open Movie Database (wiki-based, register and contribute) (/showthread.php?tid=38716)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

- xb2iris - 2008-10-12

sounds great trav... the future looks bright... this is such a needed site... xbmc needs it to move forward... keep up the good work!

- Freddo - 2008-10-12

I love the ability to add multiple posters thanks so much for that, I've begun uploading a few covers here and there from my collection, what I was wondering though, are the resolution requirements enforced at all? and is there a filesize limit like on thetvdb.com ?

- timdog82001 - 2008-10-13

Looks great! One question...I just added a movie, and the production company didn't show up as a search result, and i didn't see the option to make a new one. Am I missing anything or is the a planned feature for the future?

- travisbell - 2008-10-14

timdog82001 Wrote:Looks great! One question...I just added a movie, and the production company didn't show up as a search result, and i didn't see the option to make a new one. Am I missing anything or is the a planned feature for the future?

- timdog82001 - 2008-10-14

now i feel stupid. i looked all over that screen and my eyes completely skipped over that. i think its location makes it feel like a label for the search bar below or something. sorry for the stupid question :S

timdog82001 Wrote:i think its location makes it feel like a label for the search bar below or something. sorry for the stupid question :S

Valid point. I'll look at making it a bit more visible and useable.

I just looked again, with both firefox and IE, and neither have that link in the screenshot to create a new company

Are you logged in as a valid user or just browsing the site as a visitor?

I'm logged in with the same account I used to create the movie. Also, on a side note, the movie doesn't seem to appear anywhere in search results, though I can still find the movie by going to the "movies i created" section of my profile

Interesting... it's possible you need to be an editor/admin in order to create companies. If so, I will probably change it to just a regular user account since I think it's fine for users to create companies too.

I created a ticket and will investigate later tonight when I get home.

- timdog82001 - 2008-10-15

I sort of mentioned this in the above section, but that movie I created still does not show up in any search results. Is there a reason for this or is this a known bug? The ONLY way I can find it is by going to the movies i created section in my profile. It doesn't show up in search results at all, and even going to plot genres I associated it with, it doesn't show up there either. Is it just something that needs to get indexed every couple of days or something before it will show up? Here's the movie in question: http://themoviedb.org/movie/13063

EDIT: by the way, if i haven't mentioned it, excellent job on the site.

- travisbell - 2008-10-16

Hey timdog,

That is most perplexing. Indexing usually happens within ~5 minutes of adding a movie so it's not something you usually have to wait very long for...

This is (as far as I know) the only movie that doesn't seem to want to appear in the search results. I have done a quick search of some of the recently added movies and they seem to all show up fine.

I tried changing the title to force a reindex but still nothing... it's like this movie never made it in, at all. Aside from deleting and trying again, I am not sure what else I can do.

You've done a great job at adding the content though! Really appreciate the time. As a test, we could create a second movie and see if it shows up... remember, you will have to give the indexing service atleast 5 minutes before it will show up.

- travisbell - 2008-10-20

Hey timdog,

Just thought I'd add something of mention.

While I am still not sure why that movie won't show up in the "Movie" results, I managed to get popularity's calculating so it is atleast showing as the first result in the "Popular Results".

Still totally confused by that one...

- travisbell - 2008-11-09

Hey guys,

Please refer to: http://api.themoviedb.org/2.0/docs/ for any API related questions and further information about the TMDb API.

Thanks!

- NEUR0M4NCER - 2008-11-10

Hi guys - just thought i'd relay my experience:

I found TMDb last week, whilst (finally) sorting and arranging my media - I thought it had been going for ages by the looks of it - apparently not! Excellent work by all involved, and absolutely indispensable in the future of XBMC.

A couple of quick Qs:

1. If I find a movie that needs some media uploading (e.g. The Orphanage), and I find something suitable with, say, Google Images (like this), should I upload it straight away, or do I need to delve into copyright issues and the like?

2. Advertising my naivete, but... which other HTPC/Media-Centres use TMDb/TheTVDb (which is also awesome, btw)?

Thanks again to everyone involved - I look forward to contributing!

***edit***
I wasn't very clear with #2 - what I meant to ask was 'which platforms have/will have APIs/Scrapers to seamlessly utilise the sites. I know we can all just go and grab the media to save locally.