Kodi Community Forum
[PATCH] LaunchPlayer - External Video Player Launcher (to launch third-party players) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Development (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Kodi Application (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=93)
+--- Thread: [PATCH] LaunchPlayer - External Video Player Launcher (to launch third-party players) (/showthread.php?tid=40136)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27

- Jester - 2008-12-05

konfoo Wrote:Thanks Jester Smile. There are some modifications still pending (the player needs to be renamed to External Player, and the extplayer patch needs to be merged in and tested amongst other things).

I can have a stab at it, where can I find the extplayer patch?

- ashlar - 2008-12-05

Jester Wrote:I can have a stab at it, where can I find the extplayer patch?
Ahahah!!! Jester you are falling in a spiral, you know? Pretty soon you'll end up a Team XBMC developer if you go on like this! Big Grin
(Thank you!)

- Jester - 2008-12-05

I've renamed the patch to external player, as per request to get it into the SVN
I'm testing the patch now on the latest SVN

will do a test build later, and attach the new patch to the ticket.

remains the merge with this extplayer patch (where is it?)

- ashlar - 2008-12-05

Jester, have you managed to look at the LockSetForegroundWindow thing Wiso mentioned?

- Jester - 2008-12-05

ashlar Wrote:Jester, have you managed to look at the LockSetForegroundWindow thing Wiso mentioned?

No, i'm waiting on some input on that extplayer patch, konfoo will have to look at the rest....for now

- konfoo - 2008-12-05

Jester Wrote:No, i'm waiting on some input on that extplayer patch, konfoo will have to look at the rest....for now

Going to tackle that tonight as well as the other stuff. The ifdef linux needs the extplayer patch since it seems more reliable than just shelling out a process. OSX will have to do as is for the time being until I get svn setup on my OSX testbox.

- Jester - 2008-12-05

konfoo Wrote:Going to tackle that tonight as well as the other stuff. The ifdef linux needs the extplayer patch since it seems more reliable than just shelling out a process. OSX will have to do as is for the time being until I get svn setup on my OSX testbox.

Nice one, btw i've added the renamed patch to the ticket, so maybe when your done with this, you might want to update the first post as the names in the advancedsettings part have changed.

- Jester - 2008-12-05

Patch updated for SVN 16477, added to the ticket

- PantsOnFire - 2008-12-06

A few posts back Ashlar asked if anyone is actually having success setting LaunchPlayer as the default. I want to just say, that I am. Its working.

However, here's my problem:

MPC loads, but not in fullscreen, despite my /fullscreen arg in the xml.
(I have also go into MPC's options and put a tick in "launch player in fullscreen", which dosen't remedy the problem).

My final issue is frustrating also, in MPC i've selected "after playback... close". But MPC just completely fails to remember I've ticked this, and always reverts to "after playback... do nothing".

I just want MPC to open in fullscreen, and close itself after playback.

My MPC is version 6.4.9.0 (came with Combined Community Codec Pack CCCP)).

I also have these exact same problems using the very latest version of MPC HC.

I've no idea what's going wrong.
Any ideas?

- ashlar - 2008-12-06

PantsOnFire Wrote:A few posts back Ashlar asked if anyone is actually having success setting LaunchPlayer as the default. I want to just say, that I am. Its working.
Holy crap! This is unexpected... it's a simple setting, either it works or it doesn't... Sad
For me, instead, even when I select "Play using..." I see:

DVDPlayer (default)
Launchplayer

- PantsOnFire - 2008-12-06

Ashlar, looking at the numbers, how many thousands of views this thread gets, I would think I'm not the only one who has it working by default.

My biggest frustration is just MPC now being a sod and not remembering its own damn settings. Neither MPC or MPC-HC are remembering to exit after playback. I've asked over at CCCP forums but ppl just suggest saving the settings to INI. Which I've done, and to no success. --(there is nowhere in the INI that makes reference to 'exit after playback' or anything similar).

So I have noooo idea what's going on.

If I wanted to just set these things in advancedsettings.xml would it just be like this?:

/play /fullscreen /close

(MPC says you need to use "/play" in order for "/close" to work).

thanks.

- konfoo - 2008-12-06

PantsOnFire Wrote:My final issue is frustrating also, in MPC i've selected "after playback... close". But MPC just completely fails to remember I've ticked this, and always reverts to "after playback... do nothing".

I've no idea what's going wrong.
Any ideas?

You should configure MPC to *not* save it's settings to a .ini file. The problem here is that when it is launched it is launched in the XBMC context and it will look for it's ini file in the wrong location, hence it fires off with the defaults and never with the settings you saved.

- Jester - 2008-12-06

@konfoo

any luck with the patch?

- ashlar - 2008-12-06

konfoo Wrote:You should configure MPC to *not* save it's settings to a .ini file. The problem here is that when it is launched it is launched in the XBMC context and it will look for it's ini file in the wrong location, hence it fires off with the defaults and never with the settings you saved.
But what about Zoomplayer starting in the background no matter what? Did WiSo indication help in any way?

- konfoo - 2008-12-06

Jester Wrote:@konfoo

any luck with the patch?

Working on it as we type.