Kodi Community Forum
[PATCH] LaunchPlayer - External Video Player Launcher (to launch third-party players) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Development (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Kodi Application (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=93)
+--- Thread: [PATCH] LaunchPlayer - External Video Player Launcher (to launch third-party players) (/showthread.php?tid=40136)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27

- PantsOnFire - 2008-12-15

I can't get this to work at all. I'm using the latest version (16555) and I get no option to use LaunchPlayer at all. I've included a screenshot so you can see.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3070/3108812118_d5883f3120.jpg

My last post, mentioned that I was using 2 different revisions. But no-one really noticed that I'd written this. :p

So I don't know what the heck's going on, but this newest revision is showing no LaunchPlayer *at all*.

I just need some help with this.

- konfoo - 2008-12-15

PantsOnFire Wrote:I can't get this to work at all.

So I don't know what the heck's going on, but this newest revision is showing no LaunchPlayer *at all*.

I just need some help with this.

Are you reading any of the posts? The player name is now External Player, *not* LaunchPlayer. Your screenshot clearly shows it to be there.

- konfoo - 2008-12-15

mrqpira Wrote:How to a make advancedsettings for two indepedent players for video and audio This is possible ?

No.

- ashlar - 2008-12-15

ashlar Wrote:Konfoo, does this trigger the "already watched" mechanism?
Hi konfoo, what about this?

- persibro - 2008-12-16

Hey konfoo, first off just wanted to say this is really awesome. I used MediaPortal before and I was trying to find a way to use an external player so I can use my own codecs. But I'm getting some kind of weird problem using an external player. Everytime I start playing a video MPC comes up as usual, but when I stop it the video starts playing again. It just keeps playing again over and over until eventually XBMC loses focus and I can't control it unless I get the mouse and click on the screen. Any ideas what could be causing this?

- konfoo - 2008-12-16

ashlar Wrote:Hi konfoo, what about this?

No it doesn't. I held off from this since there is no way to track any related features to this issue like bookmarks and last play position when stopped.

- konfoo - 2008-12-16

persibro Wrote:Hey konfoo, first off just wanted to say this is really awesome. I used MediaPortal before and I was trying to find a way to use an external player so I can use my own codecs. But I'm getting some kind of weird problem using an external player. Everytime I start playing a video MPC comes up as usual, but when I stop it the video starts playing again. It just keeps playing again over and over until eventually XBMC loses focus and I can't control it unless I get the mouse and click on the screen. Any ideas what could be causing this?

Is your remote control sending multiple events for one button press? If not, this may be an issue.

- persibro - 2008-12-16

konfoo Wrote:Is your remote control sending multiple events for one button press? If not, this may be an issue.

Would it matter if it pressed enter to choose the video multiple times before the video starts playing? I'm actually using a Bluetooth keyboard to start the movie, and it happens even when I use the mouse to click the X at the top to close MPC. One other thing, I tested it with the internal player and it doesn't happen. Hmm... Huh

- ashlar - 2008-12-16

konfoo Wrote:No it doesn't. I held off from this since there is no way to track any related features to this issue like bookmarks and last play position when stopped.
Hmmm... I'm not sure about all the players but some of them have the same exact functionality (resume from last play position) built in. That's how I have Zoom Player configured.
On the other hand, the "already watched" stuff it's impossible to emulate through an external program and I think it would be nice to have it implemented.
I guess the cases where one "plays by mistake" a movie and stops it right away are far less from all the normal use (TV Series even more, probably) where all the "spoiler free " functionality gets compromised.

- smtdd - 2008-12-17

Continue to monitor the progress of this plugins....

(These used google translation)

- landj9697 - 2008-12-17

Does anyone know if it is possible to use this tool to get XBMC to launch physical discs in an external player? The way that I have it set up now, I am able to use LaunchPlayer to play back HD files via TotalMedia Theatre, and the only missing element in my HTPC is the ability to launch TMT for Blu-ray and HD-DVD playback. I know that XBMC does not recognize these formats, but it does recognize that there is a disc in the drive (the yellow "play" button shows up in the PM3 skin) so all I want the system to do is launch TMT when that button is clicked.

Basically I am looking for the old "External DVD Player" option from XBMC for Xbox.

- zhangxk - 2008-12-18

sorry,my english is poor.your build named XBMCSetup-Rev16555-kricker-externalplayer does not support name in chinese media files.help me.

- dpassent - 2008-12-18

rename the file...

DP

- Jester - 2008-12-19

@konfoo
updated the patch again:
http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/5300

Doing a build later today

- Jester - 2008-12-19

Upped Rev16612 with externalplayer