Kodi Community Forum
[PATCH] LaunchPlayer - External Video Player Launcher (to launch third-party players) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Development (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Kodi Application (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=93)
+--- Thread: [PATCH] LaunchPlayer - External Video Player Launcher (to launch third-party players) (/showthread.php?tid=40136)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27

- RandomXBMCUser - 2008-12-23

gnomie Wrote:randomXBMCuser, i am not sure what you ahve done but i wish i had your problem Big Grin i want it the other way around, any chance you could post your advancedsettings.xml? internal for avi, external for bluray discs...

On mine, avi files play externally by default, whereas DVD directories play internally by default (I'd like everything to default to external, any help out there?). Nothing is special about my advancedsettings.xml, they are the same as on the first page.

Also, I'm using jesters external XBMC build (XBMCSetup-Rev16612-jester-externalplayer.exe) because I haven't learned how to manually compile sources or use them in newer builds.

- smtdd - 2008-12-24

zhangxk Wrote:but xbmc (Official version) does not support rm, rmvb etc.

rmvb,rm support patch.(unofficial revisions):Big Grin

http://xbmc.qupan.com/

- Mshake - 2008-12-24

might be off topic but does anyone know if mpc-hc can open smb urls?
I configure the fullscreen all seems good but the CeXTplayer logs don't show an error and my mpc-hc simply can't play if the command line is as below:
c:\program files\mediaplayerclassic\mpc-hc.exe /fullscreen "smb:\\Server1\P\file1.avi"

It plays if it is like this:
c:\program files\mediaplayerclassic\mpc-hc.exe /fullscreen "P\file1.avi"

EDIT: found the semi answer, apparently mpc-hc will not play if the full path is shown to be smb:\\server1\p\file1.avi but it will play if you remove the "smb:" bit
now ....heads over to find out how the hell to remove that...might need a script

EDIT2: same issue with mplayer?? and a few media players i have tried. Local files will play fine but not on SMB with links/urls such as smb:\\xxxx, essentially is there a way to make this patch drop "SMB:"??

- RandomXBMCUser - 2008-12-24

RandomXBMCUser Wrote:Avi files play externally by default, whereas DVD directories play internally by default (I'd like everything to default to external, any help out there?).

Any suggestions? Do DVDs play externally by default for others? I can't get this to work, even though externalplayer is set to default in my advancedsettings.xml :confused2:

- konfoo - 2008-12-24

Mshake Wrote:EDIT2: same issue with mplayer?? and a few media players i have tried. Local files will play fine but not on SMB with links/urls such as smb:\\xxxx, essentially is there a way to make this patch drop "SMB:"??

Good find - I will patch it when I get a chance to take care of this issue.

- RandomXBMCUser - 2008-12-24

Konfoo, any ideas regarding my predicament?

- Mshake - 2008-12-24

konfoo Wrote:Good find - I will patch it when I get a chance to take care of this issue.

Thanks for this - i just realised someone on page 3 or 4 mentioned something similar but the conversation went towards fixing XBMC's inbuilt smb client??

Another thing I have just noticed before you investigate as I do not want to waste any of your precious time Smile unless it's feasible to easily patch this.

From XBMC Log:
While executing the file on SMB network/shares, the path communicated to the external player is as below
c:\program files\mplayer for windows\smplayer_portable.exe -fs "smb://Server1/TEMP/file1.avi"

In windows (normal command line options), the correct way to play this file:
c:\program files\mplayer for windows\smplayer_portable.exe -fs "\\Server1\TEMP\file1.avi" <- it works this way, notice the flashes are reversed and "SMB:" is dropped

My sneaking suspicion is it is not the external player's fault but our external players unable to recognise the pathname?? Hopefully not, hope it's a matter of changing the output paths and syntax in external players and all is good.

Again, local files work fine (perhaps this is why the original XBMC for XBOX's use external dvd player works only for local dvd inserted on Xbox's drive only), so far i only have this problem in SMB shares

- m931413 - 2008-12-25

I tried to hard to put these long code lines in work. No success. I think it is very complicated for those who dont have so technical knowledge... I dont know if there is, I didnt find it, but I'll wait for an .exe file to get external player working properly.
I've already read something about adding patches like those ones, but I really cant get it.

Anyway, thanks.

- gnomie - 2008-12-26

look for jester-externalplayer builds, they have it all in there, just gotta copy paste advanced. i am using advancedsettings from first page as well randomxbmc sans the first few lines about the default. i wanted internal to play everything BUT blurays. i sorta found a fix for my issue tho...

- Mshake - 2008-12-26

gnomie Wrote:look for jester-externalplayer builds, they have it all in there, just gotta copy paste advanced. i am using advancedsettings from first page as well randomxbmc sans the first few lines about the default. i wanted internal to play everything BUT blurays. i sorta found a fix for my issue tho...

care to elaborate to the rest of us how you 'sort' of got around to fix your issue? Smile

regarding my problems with network shares, i am kinda working on a dirty python script job to kinda get around it...but I am guessing it's too dirty to share yet.... I can get the player to launch fine using the script but I might wanna do a python to *.exe file instead... will shout back later if i can get my not-so-elegant solution to work while waiting for a patch is there is one Smile

- ashlar - 2008-12-26

Is there anything still keeping this from being added to SVN?

VLC issues pzh the patch - tvont - 2008-12-26

Hi,

actually i need to implant vlc as external player because of its streaming capabilities (in the other room there is a appleTV waiting for a udp stream to start...). unfortunately it does not work with (the current) build XBMCSetup-Rev16612-jester-externalplayer...vlc is beeing launched - but with no video playing. I tried several switches without success. (--fullscreen; --video-on-top)
Any suggestions?

Also...could someone *PLEASE* build an OSX build with this feature? Unfortunately, i am not a programmer.

Thanks,

TvT

- WiSo - 2008-12-26

Please post in the proper user forum. This is for devs only.

- Jester - 2008-12-27

I'll do an update today (i hope) to sync the patch with the SVN again.

- WiSo - 2008-12-27

I raised a poll in our internal forums to add this to svn. Please note that this doesn't mean that we proceed maintaining it nor adding the missing features which were requested. Patches would be then welcome of course.