Kodi Community Forum
[PATCH] LaunchPlayer - External Video Player Launcher (to launch third-party players) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Development (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Kodi Application (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=93)
+--- Thread: [PATCH] LaunchPlayer - External Video Player Launcher (to launch third-party players) (/showthread.php?tid=40136)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27

- Jester - 2009-01-12

fixes and improvements are now in the main SVN as of Rev17023
thanks

- Jester - 2009-01-13

some more improvements and one fix have been posted here
http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/5672

test win32 build in the windows support thread here:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=43511

- RORO-RR - 2009-01-14

ashlar Wrote:Hmmm... I'm not sure about all the players but some of them have the same exact functionality (resume from last play position) built in. That's how I have Zoom Player configured.
On the other hand, the "already watched" stuff it's impossible to emulate through an external program and I think it would be nice to have it implemented.
I guess the cases where one "plays by mistake" a movie and stops it right away are far less from all the normal use (TV Series even more, probably) where all the "spoiler free " functionality gets compromised.

so based on this I can set launchplayer to run zoomplayer with auto-resumes and a quit function to bring me back to XBMC

Is that correct?

- ashlar - 2009-01-16

RORO-RR Wrote:so based on this I can set launchplayer to run zoomplayer with auto-resumes and a quit function to bring me back to XBMC

Is that correct?
Ask in the support thread, this is for developers. I'll be happy to help you there. Smile

- nipnup - 2009-01-18

So is this supposed to be working on Linux? I get log output saying advancedsettings is recognized, but CEXTPlayer never shows up...

- tknice1 - 2009-01-18

Is everyone getting movie info displayed in Videos? Mine shows headers with no information and I'm certain all of my movies have it. When I browse via Movies the same thumbnails show the information no problem.

I guess I'm having trouble knowing if my problem is with the release or skin that I'm using. Other skins don't work either so I'm wondering if it's the release (and specifically the external player release).

Thanks!

Tom

- zeltak - 2009-02-18

hi

another guys wondering if it works on linux as well?

thx

Zeltak

- spiff - 2009-02-18

yes, it should work on all platforms

accented characters in movie file name - dds_fr_06 - 2009-02-21

First, sorry for my poor English. All is good with XBMCSetup-Rev17890-jester and Media Player Classic. The only little problem is for accented characters in movie file name. In the file name passed to the player, accented character like "è" is replaced by two characters "è" and the player send the message "File not found". I use Vista in French. I try to change the character set but with default or Western Europe Windows or Western Europe ISO, the result is the same.
Very thanks for your job.

- WiSo - 2009-02-23

Please stay in the user support forum. This forum is for development purposes only.
Or do you wanna fix the the sources?

- rimmi2002 - 2009-03-15

Does anyone have a eventghost zoomplayer profile that works well? Thanks.

- zag - 2009-03-24

rimmi2002 Wrote:Does anyone have a eventghost zoomplayer profile that works well? Thanks.

I have one for HIP if thats any help.

externalplayer: playing video files from DVD doesn't work - volenin - 2009-04-12

Hi,

I wonder if anyone ran into this issue / deficiency: if you setup Xine as an external player for XBMC-Linux and try to play a video file from DVD you'll get an error from Xine (which is not logged, but displayed right into the X session): 'iso9660:// protocol is not supported or appropriate plugin is not installed'.

Fair enough, as trying to play the same video file with Xine outside of XBMC (ie, from under KDE session) referenced through the URL the XBMC constructs (with 'iso9660://' prefix) doesn't work either - gives the same error. In particular, the execution line for xine as it's seen in the log is:

13:50:32 T:2910923664 M:3160915968 NOTICE: ExecuteAppLinux: "/usr/bin/xine" -f -g "iso9660://The Lives of the Others/The Lives of Others - English Subbed (1 of 2).avi"

Is there any way to play video files from DVD through Xine _without_ referencing them via 'iso' prefix? I believe this happens because XBMC does not mount the DVD in the normal way (to the directory path, like '/media/dvd'), at least in my case.... The url above was a result of adding 'dvd' as video source from the video library screen...

Thanks,

Vlad

PS: sorry for a repost - posted similar question originally to the XBMC-Linux board, after which found this dedicated thread...

powerdvd as external player - jkasyan - 2009-04-14

I've been using externalplayer to call a batch file which

launches daemon tools to mount my bd iso files
this action is set to autorun powerdvd8
then i monitor to when powerdvd8.exe exits using tasklist.
When powerdvd exits then the batch file ends.

The batch file, when run directly on the file and XBMC is not running works perfectly. When XBMC is running, my machine locks up hard. It doesn't matter if it's launched via externalplayer or not, if XBMC is running, powerdvd8 will quickly kill the pc. My gut feeling is that is has to do with my hardware, as xbmc is using the optical audio out, and powerdvd at least runs until the DTS/TruHD audio starts up.

To try to work around this, i've tried using taskkill to exit xbmc entirely when called. If i run the bat file manually it correctly shutsdown xbmc, but doesn't when called via externalplayer.

So, a couple of questions:
Is there some process protection which disallows the external call from killing xbmc?
Could someone else please try running xbmc and powerdvd8 with spdif passthrough enabled to play a BD? I'm wondering if it's something machine/setting specific or not...

The batch file is below for anyone interested:
Code:
@echo off
taskkill -fi "imagename eq XBMC.exe"
"C:\Program Files\DAEMON Tools Lite\daemon.exe" -unmount_all
"C:\Program Files\DAEMON Tools Lite\daemon.exe" -mount 0,%1
ping 127.0.0.1 -n 60 > nul
:checkagain
set tempfile=powerdvdrunning.txt
del %tempfile% > nul
tasklist > %tempfile%
type %tempfile% | find /i "PowerDVD8.exe"
if errorlevel 0 if not errorlevel 1 goto IsRunning
:exit
del %tempfile%
"C:\Program Files\DAEMON Tools Lite\daemon.exe" -unmount_all
"C:\Program Files\XBMC\XBMC.exe" -fs
exit
:IsRunning
ping 127.0.0.1 -n 15 > nul
goto checkagain

new patch - tiben20 - 2009-04-17

i just created a patch on trak http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/6383
its adding the capability to have multiple external players base on file extension