Kodi Community Forum
[PATCH] LaunchPlayer - External Video Player Launcher (to launch third-party players) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Development (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Kodi Application (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=93)
+--- Thread: [PATCH] LaunchPlayer - External Video Player Launcher (to launch third-party players) (/showthread.php?tid=40136)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27

- Alius - 2008-11-22

I made a patch to make it work on linux and hopefully mac too.
It's no masterpiece but it should work.
I have posted the patch and more info on your trac.

- konfoo - 2008-11-22

Alius Wrote:I made a patch to make it work on linux and hopefully mac too.
It's no masterpiece but it should work.
I have posted the patch and more info on your trac.

Great job Smile

- enkil - 2008-11-22

I applied the linux patch by Alius that I found at the trac ticket. I have a slight problem with it however. The player doesn't get the focus, I still see xbmc's screen instead of the player window. If I change xbmc from fullscreen to windowed mode, it is fine.
Is there a call to xbmc that I can insert into the launchplayer-code to switch xbmc from fullscreen to windowed mode before the player is starting and set it back to fullscreen after the player has exited?

- larsson2 - 2008-11-23

Problem solved!

Not one of the switches I have used have worked. Except /start /stop. Now I have set up everything directly in MPC. Start in fullscreen mode, close program when finished etc. All the settings are available in the program.
The thing I wrote about that MPC ran in the background and XBMC was on top; solved it by telling MPC to always be on top while playing.

Thanks for all the support!

- bnaert - 2008-11-25

Everytime i try this everything freezes until i end the MPC process.

Also how do you set xbmc to not be in full screen, i know this sounds like a stupid question but i can't seem to figure it out, I've taken the -fs off of the shortcut and set the resolution to something not full screen and it stays in full screen still.

- slippy - 2008-11-25

I was wondering with this external player plug in, is it possible to still see your movies cover art on the wall in the library. But then when clicking on the movie it launches an external media player all from within xbmc. Then I take it that it would be possible to use a media player that supports AAC 5.1 to Dolby Digital AC3 5.1 real time encoding? Is this possible?

Many thanks in advance

- larsson2 - 2008-11-25

bnaert Wrote:Everytime i try this everything freezes until i end the MPC process.

Also how do you set xbmc to not be in full screen, i know this sounds like a stupid question but i can't seem to figure it out, I've taken the -fs off of the shortcut and set the resolution to something not full screen and it stays in full screen still.

Look at my previous posts. We've had the exact same problem.

To NOT be in fullscreen? Run windowed and select resolution "auto". That works for me.

- ashlar - 2008-11-25

larsson2 Wrote:To NOT be in fullscreen? Run windowed and select resolution "auto". That works for me.
Does this give you the standard Windows dressing? Borders, title bar, etc.?

- larsson2 - 2008-11-25

Yes, it does

- orto - 2008-11-26

I can´t get the launch player to work proper with zoomplayer as the default player. My problem is that xbmc still has focus and is always the top most window. If I launch xbmc in windowed mode I can see that zoomplayer gets launched fullscreen in the background and the movie starts because I can hear the movie audio. How can I get this working so that zoomplayer gets the focus. The cpu usage for xbmc is also quite high while the video is playing in zoomplayer, seems like the video is also being processed in xbmc.

I´m running vista ultimate 32 bit on this machine and the version of xbmc and launchplayer that I´m running is the one posted in the first post in this thread.

Please help as I really need this plugin working for gpu offloading in zoomplayer (using the filters from MPCHC for mkv files).

- konfoo - 2008-11-26

orto Wrote:The cpu usage for xbmc is also quite high while the video is playing in zoomplayer, seems like the video is also being processed in xbmc.

Not possible, it is suspended. Might help if you turn on debugging and post the results.

- midgetspy - 2008-11-27

Any ETA on when you'll release an Atlantis or newer svn build with the patch in it?

- sumofatguy - 2008-11-27

Is there any way to set it to open the external player on certain file types and use xbmc for other file types?

- konfoo - 2008-11-27

midgetspy Wrote:Any ETA on when you'll release an Atlantis or newer svn build with the patch in it?

The current build is a few revs post atlantis release.

Another build this weekend which should have the final patchset ready for inclusion into the SVN tree and release for 9.x.

- konfoo - 2008-11-27

sumofatguy Wrote:Is there any way to set it to open the external player on certain file types and use xbmc for other file types?

Please post this in the trac ticket (#5300).