Kodi Community Forum
XBMC HTTP-R, Remote Control Web App for PDA, PPC, or Smartphone (developers wanted) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: XBMC HTTP-R, Remote Control Web App for PDA, PPC, or Smartphone (developers wanted) (/showthread.php?tid=40958)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

- XiniX88 - 2009-12-05

Great! Tnx for the results (don't need more results)... I will create a proof of concept of my new interface tomorrow (it will stretch on every display (vga/qvga/wqvga etc. etc.).

- ppic - 2009-12-05

samsung i900 omnia (also known as player addict)

Width / Height test
BodyElementWidth: 240
BodyElementHidth: 400

BodyWidth: 240
BodyHeight: 400

Element ClientWidth: 240
Element ClientHeight: 400

Element OffsetWidth: 240
Element OffsetHeight: 400

Element2 ClientWidth: 240
Element2 ClientHeight: 0

OnResize function: Waiting (or not working)

- tamago_quin - 2009-12-06

toshiba t-01a
opera 9.5
Width / Height test
BodyElementWidth: 960
BodyElementHidth: 1600

BodyWidth: 480
BodyHeight: 800

Element ClientWidth: 480
Element ClientHeight: 800

Element OffsetWidth: 480
Element OffsetHeight: 800

Element2 ClientWidth: 480

OnResize function: Waiting for rotation... (or not working)

my numbers are different than most it seems...

this month i probably wont be much help, but i will try! next year ill have more time!!

- tash - 2009-12-07

Acer f900
opera 10 beta
Width / Height test
BodyElementHidth: 369

BodyHeight: 369

Element ClientHeight: 369

Element OffsetHeight: 369

OnResize function: Working!

- XiniX88 - 2009-12-07

tamago_quin Wrote:toshiba t-01a
opera 9.5
Width / Height test
BodyElementWidth: 960
BodyElementHidth: 1600

BodyWidth: 480
BodyHeight: 800

Element ClientWidth: 480
Element ClientHeight: 800

Element OffsetWidth: 480
Element OffsetHeight: 800

Element2 ClientWidth: 480

OnResize function: Waiting for rotation... (or not working)

my numbers are different than most it seems...

this month i probably wont be much help, but i will try! next year ill have more time!!

This is indeed what I was guessing to see... Windows Mobile Opera 9.5 is emulating a different screen resolution on "BodyElementWidth".

http://m.denhaas.info/test2.html

Test 2... Its a proof of concept, so don't look at the graphics. This version will stretch to your browser screen. Please check if you can scroll to the bottom. If the controls and title aren't scrolling, please click on the link to fix it, iPhone and Android users might have this behavior.

You can click on "My header isn't moving" multiple times, it will cycle through the following render mechanisms:

Mode 0: Position fixed is working! (great browser)
Mode 1: window.onresize is working! (webkit user?)
Mode 2: window.setTimeout is working! (Using more CPU! (might be nicer than mode 1!))
Mode 3: Your browser sucks (or you don't like the header scrolling late! but still the browser sucks since it doesn't support position: fixed!)

Android is working in mode 1+

Please report if your browser:
1. Doesn't have a horizontal scrolling bar (you will only get a vertical one)
2. Stretches the page correctly (so the title is 100% of your screen size)
3. What mode is working for your browser (I hope some users will report that mode 0 is working, since it's really nice to use this CSS feature!)
4. In mode 3, "me needs to be visible" (last item of the list), is it visible? and is there 30px space between this item and the footer?
- AND your version of OS (WinMo/Android) AND browser (Opera 9.5, Apple (safari) etc)
Happy testing, please let me know your results!

BTW, I hate the fact that Android isn't supporting this (position fixed, which will make it able to let the title float and controls always stay at the bottom of the screen, see how it should work in your "real" browser IE7+ FF1.0+ Opera 8.5+), if this was working, I could have made real online apps for android/iphone etc. etc. without any modification.

- GeniusCode - 2009-12-07

HTC Touch (Elfin)
Internet Explorer
Width / Height test
BodyElementHidth: 960

BodyHeight: 320

Element ClientHeight: 320

Element OffsetWidth: 0
Element OffsetHeight: 0

Element2 ClientWidth: 0

------------------------------
HTC Touch (Elfin)
Opera Mini 5 beta 2
Width / Height test
BodyElementHidth: 261

BodyHeight: 261

Element ClientHeight: 261

Element OffsetHeight: 261

OnResize function: Waiting for rotation... (or not
working)

- smeddy - 2009-12-08

Seems great! Mode 0 and Mode 2 work perfectly on mine (again, Touch HD/Blackstone / 480x800 / Opera 10 Beta)

(figures show width 240, height 400)

- tamago_quin - 2009-12-08

http://www.quirksmode.org/m/css.html

this is an awesome resource for working with mobile browsers.
position:fixed is a bugger... i had it working with your old code in netfront browser but most others it doesnt work or its jumpy like you described. i wish you the best ^_ー

- XiniX88 - 2009-12-08

tamago_quin Wrote:http://www.quirksmode.org/m/css.html

this is an awesome resource for working with mobile browsers.
position:fixed is a bugger... i had it working with your old code in netfront browser but most others it doesnt work or its jumpy like you described. i wish you the best ^_ー

Therefore I've created 4 states, first one uses position fixed, second uses scroll, third uses timer and the last doesn't try to emulate position fixed at all (see my prev post).

Opera 10 is supporting it(@smeddy, tnx for your results! I hope the title and control-bar wil scroll with the content, not just when you stop scrolling, but be visible all the time).

Opera 10 is also planning a release for Android, is working on Symbian and also on WM. Therefore I think it's time to implement these ideas and create rich interfaces that match a normal Android/iPhone/Nokia interface, but by only using a browser and HTML. But it will always fall back to state 4 if position fixed isn't working, so it is working on every (good) mobile browser Smile.

Btw tnx for the webpage, it's giving me loads of info!

http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=453658&postcount=200 Please help testing Smile want to know if the page is working correctly! (no overflow, no horizontal scrollbars etc)
Fixes:
- Better iPhone support (onorientationChange) (tnx to tamago_quin for providing a great amount of resource)

- tamago_quin - 2009-12-08

opera 9.5:
mode 3 works overflow is hidden
netfront browser:
mode1 works flawless mode2 jumpy and mode3 as it should. overflow is hidden
mode1 works in neither

- XiniX88 - 2009-12-08

Some info on next release:
- Still HTTP frontend
- Java Backend
- New auto stretch interface! (the one I'm testing at the moment)

So:

Mobile/PC (using browser) ----------> Java Server <----------- XBMC HTTP API

This makes it possible to run it on Linux/Mac/Windows but without the need to install or configure XAMPP.

Also making it easy to create another skin.

- samanoske - 2009-12-08

Really neat! Smile

Only annoying thing if one has selected an album and hits the back button, the "unfortunately" Wink way too long album list starts from the beginning again Sad Is there a way that the current position in the list is remembered ?

- ShayneOSU - 2009-12-09

Thanks for the help. Taking the username/password off of the XBMC web server did the trick.

I have an unusual device I use as a remote: Nokia N810 internet tablet. Below are the results of your test pages in its default browser. I'm a software developer, too. I posted a customization of the standard XBMC web app for it here, but yours had all of the features I wanted, so I stopped working on that project. I was thinking perhaps I could contribute a theme or customization of XBMC HTTP-R for Nokia tablets, though, if I get some time.

Great work on this project. When do you think the next version will be available?

TEST 1
BodyElementWidth: 800
BodyElementHidth: 422

BodyWidth: 800
BodyHeight: 422

Element ClientWidth: 800
Element ClientHeight: 422

Element OffsetWidth: 800
Element OffsetHeight: 422

Element2 ClientWidth: 800

TEST 2
Mode 0: Perfect.
Mode 1: Works, but controls motion is jittery.
Mode 2: Similar to Mode 1.
Mode 3: Does not work.

- kjheu - 2009-12-09

I'm having an issue accessing my TV shows. I run indexing and all goes well. It lists 21 tv shows and scans with no errors. But when I run the app either through my blackberry or Chrome and click the Series button nothing happens. Chrome eventually pops up a box saying the page is unresponsive. My blackberry browser just stops responding. I'm pretty sure my setup is correct because movies and music both work (although movie images do not show). I should mention that I am running XBMC on an Xbox. Any suggestions?

Also, I have 3 xboxes and would like to choose between the three. It seems that items 2 and 3 on the main selection page have a different setup than item 1 (XBMC). Any way to have all three work for XBMC?

Btw thanks for all the work your putting in on a great app.

- XiniX88 - 2009-12-09

samanoske Wrote:Really neat! Smile

Only annoying thing if one has selected an album and hits the back button, the "unfortunately" Wink way too long album list starts from the beginning again Sad Is there a way that the current position in the list is remembered ?

I will try to remember this (yes it is possible to scroll down were you where) but I first want to get my new version ready.

ShayneOSU Wrote:I was thinking perhaps I could contribute a theme or customization of XBMC HTTP-R for Nokia tablets, though, if I get some time.

Feel free to create a theme (but please wait for my new release)

ShayneOSU Wrote:Great work on this project. When do you think the next version will be available?

Hehehe, It's a big release... My TODO:
[x] Create a multithreaded working webserver in Java
[ ] Create a XBMC connector
[ ] Port PHP code to Java code
[ ] Find a nice way to scale images

As you can see... I'm 25% finished... Waiting for some spare time, but I will update the progress (But I guess late January, I now, it's a long time, but I will release a final PHP version of this tomorrow)

kjheu Wrote:I'm having an issue accessing my TV shows.
I noticed it too, there is a caching problem in the latest 0.5 release... I shall release a quick fix for it today/tomorrow. (In this update I will also explain how to get more than 1 XBMC working on XBMC HTTP-R).