Kodi Community Forum
What platform are you running XBMC Media Center on? - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=222)
+--- Forum: Kodi related discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Thread: What platform are you running XBMC Media Center on? (/showthread.php?tid=41845)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

- User 75654 - 2011-03-30

I run XBMC on Windows and OSX and love it. When XBMC came out for iOS I went out and picked up an Apple TV2 as well. I love the ATV2 and look forward to XBMC getting perfected for it. When that happens I'm going to have an ATV2 on every TV in the house !

- tcman47 - 2011-03-30

Software : XBMC 10.1
Skin : Aeon latest rev

Posters & Fanart : Moviedb.org
Trailers : Youtube via Firefox download plugin
Extrathumbs : Ember Media Manager
Info Files : Media Companion, scraper - IMDB

My three hardware setups are in my sig below:

Weirdly enough the box that runs the smoothest is the one in the bedroom, yet my big screen is downstairs Oo

TC

- dconnell - 2011-04-05

My primaey XBMC machine is my softmodded XBOX, to which I just added a 200 Gb HD. I also have it on my little Aspire One, running Win7, but that doesn't get remotely as much use.

- michael123 - 2011-04-13

Call me old fashioned but I run it on 4 Original Xbox and 2 PC's

Xboxes are the following (all converted to NTSC so can do HD).
1) 750GB Sata drive
2) 500GB Sata drive
3) 200GB IDE drive
4) 8GB IDE drive

The 200GB is used the most, pretty much daily and is in my Student flat living room (may feed from my server at some point).
The 750GB one is my personal one which I owned from new (the others were bought new). I might drop this back to a 8GB drive as I don't use it anymore, so it is my primary spare as it's in the best condition.
My dads 500GB is his main one although this will be moved to his bedroom as he is using a PC to replace it (this xbox may be fed by NAS if we can be bothered to run a cable upstairs).
The 8GB one is my dads spare.

Next, the two PC's
PC 1: Mine, with XBMC running on Windows 7 fed from my Server.
PC 2: Setting it up next week, but will run XBMC Live from a flash drive and be fed from a NAS, will be dual booted with Win 7 (for normal PC use if needed).
XBMC is on my Win 7 laptop aswell, but just for testing purposes as I don't watch films on it.

- bek1 - 2011-04-13

The ATV2 (what I use) is definitely not a great platform for XBMC. It is very slow (especially on certain skins), the Apple device keeps trying to update itself and interrupts your video, the audio visualization doesn't work, and of course, high def video won't play because of the low-powered device.

I would not suggest the ATV2 as your device of choice.

- amet - 2011-04-13

bek1 Wrote:The ATV2 (what I use) is definitely not a great platform for XBMC. It is very slow (especially on certain skins), the Apple device keeps trying to update itself and interrupts your video, the audio visualization doesn't work, and of course, high def video won't play because of the low-powered device.

I would not suggest the ATV2 as your device of choice.

hehe, just cos you dont know how to use it doesnt mean it will not work Smile

my ATV2 plays 1080p via smb:// and never had the update warning(google updatebegone) not sure what you are doing wrong

- SandmanCL - 2011-04-13

I'm pretty sure we have more than 10 ATV2 users ;-) We should probably freeze this poll and start a new one, to get realistic and up-to-date numbers.

- Murdoch - 2011-05-04

SandmanCL Wrote:I'm pretty sure we have more than 10 ATV2 users ;-) We should probably freeze this poll and start a new one, to get realistic and up-to-date numbers.

ATV 2 here Smile It's running but I'm still trying to get it right. Crashes a lot when I start most HD video files.

- jpope - 2011-05-04

Just built my first HTPC this past weekend.
Running XBMC off of an ASUS AT5IONT-I board with 4GB DDR3.
Installed 10.1 via Debian Testing Netinstall w/ Debian-multimedia repo added.
Box boots in < 30 seconds and runs like a champ. Big Grin

Love the fact that XBMC is in the multimedia repo. Wink

- rflores2323 - 2011-05-04

SandmanCL Wrote:I'm pretty sure we have more than 10 ATV2 users ;-) We should probably freeze this poll and start a new one, to get realistic and up-to-date numbers.

yes I agree. I am using both linux and atv2. working great.

- radiantdreamer - 2011-05-21

I'm STILL using my old Xbox at the moment, but I also use my macbook.

I'm looking for a set and forget media player like the O Play and Boxee, but without their crappy UI (XBMC all the way!!).

I'd get an AppleTV except it doesn't perform well on 1080p...

- regnets - 2011-05-27

another atv2 user here. ive got two of these magical boxes. my main argument for the atv2 is the power consumption - only 2 watts by 720p streaming and the xbmc build by davilla is really seamless integrated in the ios.

- Squa7ch - 2011-07-11

XBMC + Windows 7 64-bit

been thinking about getting an Apple TV2 for the living room though

regnets, so it runs 720p just fine then? How about 1080p?

- radiantdreamer - 2011-07-12

Squa7ch Wrote:XBMC + Windows 7 64-bit

been thinking about getting an Apple TV2 for the living room though

regnets, so it runs 720p just fine then? How about 1080p?

According to the wiki, if you hardware mod it, it can do 1080p very nicely.

- amet - 2011-07-12

radiantdreamer Wrote:According to the wiki, if you hardware mod it, it can do 1080p very nicely.

wiki?? link it here please , I would love to see it Smile