Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] MythBox for XBMC - a MythTV Front-end Python Script for XBMC - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] MythBox for XBMC - a MythTV Front-end Python Script for XBMC (/showthread.php?tid=43115)

msvcrt module not found - analogue - 2009-01-08

Regarding the msvcrt module not being found, it looks like the python packaged with xbmc for windows is missing this built-in module for some reason. I'll hit the devs up and see I can find out anything.

- PainToad - 2009-01-08

Is it possible to install MythTV (back end only) under xbmc Live?

- Swifty - 2009-01-08

analogue Wrote:Regarding the msvcrt module not being found, it looks like the python packaged with xbmc for windows is missing this built-in module for some reason. I'll hit the devs up and see I can find out anything.

Thanks Analogue,
If you require any further testing, logs, etc.. under Windows don't hesitate to shout Smile

- ksufinger - 2009-01-09

PainToad Wrote:Is it possible to install MythTV (back end only) under xbmc Live?

Okay, I'll bite.
Why would you want to do this?

- PainToad - 2009-01-09

PainToad Wrote:Is it possible to install MythTV (back end only) under xbmc Live?

To answer my own question, the following should (going to try on the weekend) allow mythtv backend on XBMC Live.

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/MythTV/Install/Server/Backend

- ksufinger - 2009-01-09

PainToad Wrote:To answer my own question, the following should (going to try on the weekend) allow mythtv backend on XBMC Live.

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/MythTV/Install/Server/Backend

Ah, now I follow. I keep forgetting that xbmc is multi-platform Smile

- sebj - 2009-01-09

I used it on the Xbox in the past and loved it. It's great to see this on linux!

ALPHA 4 doesn't work AFAIK wth Mediastream, but it's a great develpment nonetheless!

Thanks!

- jfath - 2009-01-09

This looks great! Working well for watching live TV from my remote master backend MythTV box.

How do you specify multiple recording directories? My MythTV is set up to store live into one directory and recorded into another. I have the parent directory mounted on my XBMC machine, and I can specify the path as /mnt/blahblahblah/live to view live TV. I couldn't figure out how to enter another path such as /mnt/blahblahblah/rec. I tried entering multiple paths separated by commas, semicolons, etc. but kept getting a bad path error.

Thanks for this great script.

Jerry

- analogue - 2009-01-10

I thought it would be intuitive to separate paths with the platform specific path separator char but I guess everything can't be so easy :-)

linux: /my/dir1:/my/dir2:/my/dir3

windows: C:\my\dir1;C:\my\dir2;C:\my\dir3

- Phunky - 2009-01-10

Great work - i'm waiting eagerly to switch from MP to XBMC!

- jfath - 2009-01-10

>I thought it would be intuitive to separate paths with the platform specific path separator

I thought I had tried that, so I double checked and still have a problem. When I enter multiple paths separated by a colon, I get an error dialog that says:
Recording directory 'mypath' does not exist.

The 'mypath' path is always the second directory in the list, so if I enter:
/mnt/mythtv/live:/mnt/mythtv/rec
I get:
Recording directory '/mnt/mythtv/rec' does not exist.
If I enter:
/mnt/mythtv/rec:/mnt/mythtv/live
I get:
Recording directory '/mnt/mythtv/live' does not exist.

If I enter three paths separated by colons, I still get an error referring to the second path. All paths do actually exist and work fine if they are the only path entered.

BTW: I'm running Kubuntu 8.04

Let me know if I can provide more info on this. Thanks again.

Jerry

- analogue - 2009-01-10

jfath Wrote:>I thought it would be intuitive to separate paths with the platform specific path separator

I thought I had tried that, so I double checked and still have a problem. When I enter multiple paths separated by a colon, I get an error dialog that says:
Recording directory 'mypath' does not exist.

The 'mypath' path is always the second directory in the list, so if I enter:
/mnt/mythtv/live:/mnt/mythtv/rec
I get:
Recording directory '/mnt/mythtv/rec' does not exist.
If I enter:
/mnt/mythtv/rec:/mnt/mythtv/live
I get:
Recording directory '/mnt/mythtv/live' does not exist.

If I enter three paths separated by colons, I still get an error referring to the second path. All paths do actually exist and work fine if they are the only path entered.

BTW: I'm running Kubuntu 8.04

Let me know if I can provide more info on this. Thanks again.

Jerry

Created issue @ http://code.google.com/p/mythbox/issues/detail?id=1

It would help if you attach your entire mythbox.log to the issue.
Thanks!

- apanloco - 2009-01-11

Works great for me (658). I had to raise the LiveTV buffer otherwise it kept stuttering. I have BE & FE on same machine. Default of 1024 stuttered, and so did 4096. So I just took 9999 and then it worked. So I suggest you raise the default value. If you feel this is weird I can provide a log.

Things I noticed:
- When it is buffering, pressing cancel has no effect. When buffering is complete it still starts to play.
- When you are watching LiveTV, and go back to the channels (at this point you only hear the tv), you have to stop the playback before you can start playback on a new channel. Would be nice if it automatically stopped if you pressed a channel different than what your watching.

(I can open bugs for tracking if you want)

Nice work, works really well.

/D

- jfath - 2009-01-11

Just to finish the thread about multiple directories:
I think my problems were being caused by intermittent network problems on the mounted MythTV box. I tried multiple local dirs and everything was fine. I then fixed my network issues and everything works well. I noted this in a comment on the issue tracker. Sorry for the bad report.

BTW: I also got stuttering on live at 1024 and 4096. 8192 works well for me.

Thanks again - MythBox is great!

Jerry

- analogue - 2009-01-11

apanloco Wrote:Works great for me (658). I had to raise the LiveTV buffer otherwise it kept stuttering. I have BE & FE on same machine. Default of 1024 stuttered, and so did 4096. So I just took 9999 and then it worked. So I suggest you raise the default value. If you feel this is weird I can provide a log.

Things I noticed:
- When it is buffering, pressing cancel has no effect. When buffering is complete it still starts to play.
- When you are watching LiveTV, and go back to the channels (at this point you only hear the tv), you have to stop the playback before you can start playback on a new channel. Would be nice if it automatically stopped if you pressed a channel different than what your watching.

(I can open bugs for tracking if you want)

Nice work, works really well.

/D

Please open bugs for tracking. Much appreciated..