Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] MythBox for XBMC - a MythTV Front-end Python Script for XBMC - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] MythBox for XBMC - a MythTV Front-end Python Script for XBMC (/showthread.php?tid=43115)

- linuxluemmel - 2010-06-28

jerkychew Wrote:I'm having the same problem - I've spent the last 4 hours or so getting all my ducks in a row to enable CrystalHD support and now it appears that either 1) Scripts is gone and replaced with Addons or 2) I just don't know what I'm doing. At any rate, thus far I can't figure out how to get the SVN version of XBMC (on Ubuntu 10.04) to see the Mythbox-RC1 script. If anybody knows how to make this work I am all ears.

In newer svn-builds the script screen was removed.
The script has to ported to the new addon-system.

Regards
Hans

- Dobyken - 2010-06-28

jerkychew Wrote:I'm having the same problem - I've spent the last 4 hours or so getting all my ducks in a row to enable CrystalHD support and now it appears that either 1) Scripts is gone and replaced with Addons or 2) I just don't know what I'm doing. At any rate, thus far I can't figure out how to get the SVN version of XBMC (on Ubuntu 10.04) to see the Mythbox-RC1 script. If anybody knows how to make this work I am all ears.

This is the best info I could find on how the new Add-ons work. It appears that unless one of the Devs or Plugin authors make the changes you have to write a little XML control file.

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Addons_for_XBMC

- jerkychew - 2010-06-28

Good to know. I couldn't find any contact info on the google code page, it looks like they obfuscate the email address on purpose. Let's hope that since RC1 just came out recently that the devs will see this post and will re-work the code Big Grin

- linuxluemmel - 2010-06-28

jerkychew Wrote:Good to know. I couldn't find any contact info on the google code page, it looks like they obfuscate the email address on purpose. Let's hope that since RC1 just came out recently that the devs will see this post and will re-work the code Big Grin

http://code.google.com/u/@WRhfRFNXDhJEXAZ7/

I guess this script will be ported to the addon-system.
Regards
hans

- testimies - 2010-07-05

It would be nice if Analogue would have time to let us users know what's happening with Mythbox. I haven't seen many posts from him in this thread in a while.

- jerkychew - 2010-07-05

Thanks linuxlemmel - I didn't previously see the captcha that enabled me to see the full email address.

- kierans - 2010-07-22

MythBox is great!

After recording a show from the TV, I want to delete the commercials. MythTVs mythcommflag misses some, so I have to manually check the file to add extra cutpoints. At the moment I only know how to do this via the MythTV frontend. I haven't seen anything in MythBox that can present an editing page, but I'm wondering if it's possible?

If it's not possible, would it be hard to add this functionality?

- tmbomber - 2010-07-26

Hello again Everybody,

Back at the beginning of June I was having the following issue...

tmbomber Wrote:When launching the script I'm getting the configuration screen. I get a note in the bottom right that says:

Connect to MySQL failed : Found EOF after Auth, expecting OK. Using old passwords?

Hmmmm.... digging some more.

Edit:
Ok, found in this thread:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=444151&postcount=242

Fixed that... Only problem now is that I don't wanna mess with MySQL on the back end while the Wife's shows are recording (Gawd forbid she miss Glee)

I have a window starting at 10:00 PM EDT. I'll update y'all again after that Smile

I managed to get that all straightened out by upgrading my backend to MythDora 10.22, setting old_password=0 in my.cnf and resetting the mythtv password in mysql on the backend server.

Jarod Wilson helped once again with instructions on how to reset the password. Shown here for those that follow...

# mysql -u root mysql
mysql> UPDATE user SET Password=PASSWORD('mythtv') WHERE user='mythtv';
mysql> FLUSH PRIVILEGES;
mysql> quit

(Thanks Jarod)

How things stand at the moment...

I set the Master Backend Hostname to the backend's ip address (192.168.123.10) I tried setting it to it's actual host name, which is mythtv, but I got an error message saying that the host name didn't resolve to an IP address.

Selecting Test Settings comes back with "INFO - Settings OK"

I can see all my recordings under Watch Recordings, but if I select any of them I get:

ERROR CATCHALL
Exception: (111, 'Connection refused')
Function: <function onClick at 0xafbe6cb6>

The frontend that's running on the same machine as my backend is working fine, as is a second frontend on another machine that's running MythDora 10.21 also updated to .22. I can also use MythTV Player on several of my Windoz machines.

So... I'm getting closer, but still not quite there. Anybody have any thoughts on this one?

Edit:

So I'm reading my post to make sure I didn't screw anything up and I start think'in "Nawwww... It *can't* be that easy"

Sure nuf, it was.

I put an entry in /etc/hosts for "192.168.123.10 mythtv.myth myth mythtv" and now I'm up and running.

And there was *Great* rejoicing.... Yaaaaaaaa!!!!!

RC2 work underway.. - analogue - 2010-07-27

Whats up folks! If any of you are getting bitten by Issue 98 (anything having to do with hostname / ip address problems) please try out the latest trunk code and post your results.

http://code.google.com/p/mythbox/issues/detail?id=98

RC2 is coming along nicely :-)

- wileecoyote - 2010-07-28

analogue Wrote:RC2 is coming along nicely :-)

Great news...

Has anyone stepped forward to help with the Confluence skin? If not I would be able to provide some assistance...

Wile E.

- analogue - 2010-07-30

wileecoyote Wrote:Great news...

Has anyone stepped forward to help with the Confluence skin? If not I would be able to provide some assistance...

Wile E.

You're the first! Feel free to give it a go and I'll be happy to work through any integration issues you have.

- analogue - 2010-07-30

kierans Wrote:MythBox is great!

After recording a show from the TV, I want to delete the commercials. MythTVs mythcommflag misses some, so I have to manually check the file to add extra cutpoints. At the moment I only know how to do this via the MythTV frontend. I haven't seen anything in MythBox that can present an editing page, but I'm wondering if it's possible?

If it's not possible, would it be hard to add this functionality?

I would consider that a pretty advanced feature beyond the realm of MythBox. You're probably better off sticking with the Myth FE in such cases. Feel free to submit a patch, though.

- tmbomber - 2010-07-30

Well, I *had* everything working...

I was up and running, but I ran into trouble with my system not waking up when it suspended. I noticed that XBMCFreak had released an upgrade to 10.08 and installed that. Got everything else working (videos, music, pics, & even HDHomerun) and was about to install the MythBox script when I discovered that the entire script directory isn't where it use to be.

I've posted this question to the 10.08 support thread, but no one's answered there yet.

Anybody here have any idea on the new install location for MythBox?

Edit:

Ok, answered my own question. XBMCFreak's 10.08 is Darma. Darma doesn't use scripts any more. It uses Add-Ons.

(several of the posts over the last couple of days were making *no* sense to me. Now they do.)

Is there an Add-On version of MythBox that's been submitted yet and can we get a copy of it?

Barring that, has anybody come up with a usable addon.xml file to stick in the MythBox directory?

If not, I'll be trying to kluge something together tonight.

- tmbomber - 2010-07-31

Well I'm striking out in a major way...

It seems that the guys doing Dharma aren't making it easy to execute a script. I can see where when the get it all working nicely keeping your scripts up to date will be a lot easier. But at the moment trying to run an existing script that's not on the *approved* list isn't all that easy.

What I've done...

I put the MythBox files in a directory named "script.Mythbox"

I added an icon.png file

I added the following addon.xml file:

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?>
<addon id="MythBox"
       name="MythBox"
       version="1.0"
       provider-name="analouge">
  <requires>
    <import addon="xbmc.python" version="1.0"/>
  </requires>
  <extension point="xbmc.python.script"
             library="default.py" />
<provides>executable</provides>
  <extension point="xbmc.addon.metadata">
    <platform>all</platform>
    <summary lang="en">MythBox</summary>
    <description lang="en">MythBox</description>
  </extension>
</addon>

I then put that directory in a zip file named "script.Mythbox.zip"

I FTPed the zip file into the downloads directory of my homeusr directory on the XBMC machine.

In XBMC I went to System->Add-Ons->Install from zip file, browsed to Homefolder->Downloads and selected "script.Mythbox.zip" and selected it.

I then went to System->Skin->Add-on shortcuts and enabled button 1, named it MythBox, and set the path.

btw, setting the path doesn't really let you put in an actual path name on the XBMC drive (like it should!), It gives you a list of available items to select from. MythBox appears on the list after you do the "install from zip file" bit above.

Selecting MythBox adds it to the Programs button on the main menu.

After about ten hours of pounding my head against my monitor I finally get to select "MythBox" and run the thing....

I get a pop-up that says:

Quote:MythBox Error

Stage: initializing Caches
Exception: 'module' object has no attribute 'Language'

Angry

I'm either going to try and hack the main menu to replace the "Programs" button with a direct call to the MythBox script, or I'm reverting back to 9.11 and trying to figure out how to keep it from locking up in suspend mode.

On second thought, I think I'll load up a FPS and kill things for a while...

(I need to relax a bit)

- Dobyken - 2010-08-03

analogue Wrote:Whats up folks! If any of you are getting bitten by Issue 98 (anything having to do with hostname / ip address problems) please try out the latest trunk code and post your results.

http://code.google.com/p/mythbox/issues/detail?id=98

RC2 is coming along nicely :-)

Do you have a timeline for when Mythbox will be available as an Add-On? I only got to use your fine program for a couple of weeks before the "Big Merge".