Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] MythBox for XBMC - a MythTV Front-end Python Script for XBMC - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] MythBox for XBMC - a MythTV Front-end Python Script for XBMC (/showthread.php?tid=43115)

- teresa - 2010-10-14

I am trying out Mythbox RC2 on my Revo AR1600 with Dharma and Confluence skin(previous xbox user with myth2xbmc) against MythTV release-0-23-fixes [0.23-0.7.rc2.md12 (r24159)]. I can watch both recordings and live TV but I have a couple of issues and I am wondering if they are known issues or I am missing something.

1) On the Recordings and Upcoming Recordings screens, the button that should show sort by Date, Title, etc, shows ": Invalid port num...".
2) On the initial MythBox screen, I dont see the recent recordings art (looks like updating forever) unless I hit a scroll left or right button.

Thanks for any help.

- Dobyken - 2010-10-14

teresa Wrote:I am trying out Mythbox RC2 on my Revo AR1600 with Dharma and Confluence skin(previous xbox user with myth2xbmc) against MythTV release-0-23-fixes [0.23-0.7.rc2.md12 (r24159)]. I can watch both recordings and live TV but I have a couple of issues and I am wondering if they are known issues or I am missing something.

1) On the Recordings and Upcoming Recordings screens, the button that should show sort by Date, Title, etc, shows ": Invalid port num...".
2) On the initial MythBox screen, I dont see the recent recordings art (looks like updating forever) unless I hit a scroll left or right button.

Thanks for any help.

Many of the menus are mislabeled in Dharma. It's listed in google code and will be fixed when he gets time. The fan art for the recent recordings is a bit slow to load but on my system eventually shows up.

- analogue - 2010-10-15

OK folks, RC2 is out :-)

I'm aware of a number of quirks with Dharma but RC2 is primarily for Camelot.

The translations have gotten an overhaul and are now ready to be updated (German already taken care of my linuxleummel). Let me know if you'd like to contribute..

On another note, I don't seem to be getting notifications when new posts are made to this forum (otherwise, I would show up a lot more). Anyone else having the same problem even after having subscribed?

- analogue - 2010-10-15

tafypz Wrote:I have a quick question, now that the add-on system is there do you intend on adapting your work to a pvr-testing2 branch addon ? I am interested in creating an addon for that branch and would rather join forces if you plan on doing it too.

Hi tafypz,

I don't think the way that the pvr-addon is being developed makes it easy to develop the addon in python (any xbmc devs wanna chime in?). I haven't checked out the pvr-testing2 branch in many months, but it looked like the pvr specific functionality has to be developed in C/C++. Your thoughts?

- analogue - 2010-10-15

rottenrocky Wrote:Hello all!

I am having some dialog box weirdness. I am using RC2 with the latest SVN (9-15-10) updates. When I try to schedule a recording from the guide, is seems that all the selections are not pointing to the correct setting selections. See pic.

Here is a shot of the "delete recording" dialog

I am using Dharma Beta2 with the default Confluence skin. Any ideas?

Thanks

RR

Known quirks...

My focus is getting out a stable 1.0 for camelot (translations are all thats left unless I'm missing anything major) and then going to work on the Dharma stuff.

- analogue - 2010-10-15

philipp2084 Wrote:First of all: Really good work analogue!!!

I have been using mythbox for a few month now and have to say it is absolutely great. Big Grin Easy to setup and it does pretty much what I want. Even my wife is using it and until now has not given me any grief.

I usually schedule recordings and then watch these, however since replacing my TV with an ASUS ION board and a big screen, I started to watch more live TV and found this little oddity. My setup is an HD homerun and both tuners are configured in my MythTV-Backend, so I usually have 2 tuners available and can watch live TV and flick through channels.

The issue arises when one tuner is busy recording a scheduled recording. This means I still have one tuner to watch live TV and there shoudl be no problem. The first time I select a channel there is no problem at all, but as soon as I then try to switch channels I get the message that all tuner(s) are already busy. Which is true. I am using one to watch TV and one to record something in the background. I would expect that when I select a new channel the myth-backend detects that I am the client that chose to watch the current program in the first place and switches that tuner to the new program but this does not happen, instead I get the message that all tuners are busy.

I have played around a little and noticed that when I have both tuners available the following happens:
  1. I start mythbox, both tuners are idle
  2. I chose Live TV and chose for arguments sake BBC1
    • mythbackend uses tuner 1 to play BBC1, whilst tuner 2 remains idle
  3. I decide that BBC1 is boring and change to ITV
    • myth-backend uses tuner 2 to play back ITV (at this point both tuners are busy)
    • shortly after mythtvbackend realises that I am not watching BBC1 anymore and tuner 1 becomes idle.

I hope this is making sense.... Huh

I have tried the same in with the mythTV frontend and low and behold it does only ever use tuner1 for the same example and hence copes with channel changes whilst one tuner is recording something else.

So in short to watch live TV and flick through channels I always have to have at least one spare tuner.

Has anyone else noticed this? Or can someone try to replicate this to see whether it is a genuine bug or just something odd in my setup.

Good to hear! That makes all of two wives now enjoying MythBox (yours and mine..hehe). On to your problem..I have have a suspicion it may be a timing isssue. Give this a try:

1. Both tuners idle
2. Wait until tuner1 is busy recording a scheduled program
3. Watch live TV on tuner2
4. Stop live TV on tuner2
5. Wait...give it a good 3-4 mins
6. Watch live TV on tuner2 again

Do you get the 'All tuners busy' error message?

- analogue - 2010-10-15

teresa Wrote:I am trying out Mythbox RC2 on my Revo AR1600 with Dharma and Confluence skin(previous xbox user with myth2xbmc) against MythTV release-0-23-fixes [0.23-0.7.rc2.md12 (r24159)]. I can watch both recordings and live TV but I have a couple of issues and I am wondering if they are known issues or I am missing something.

Thanks for any help.

Yup, known issues w/ Dharma since it is still in beta.

- dekani - 2010-10-15

I have updated the french translation. (using the current english translation)
I will send it soon. (Done, please see Issue 125)

- analogue - 2010-10-17

dekani Wrote:I have updated the french translation. (using the current english translation)
I will send it soon. (Done, please see Issue 125)

Done

- liamf - 2010-10-17

I've tried to get Mythbox RC2 to run on XBMC Dharma RC3: anyone else succeed in this?

It always hangs XBMC for me ... I unpacked to the "addons" dir and helped it over the first exception by manually creating a script_data directory for it.

When I run it now, I get the Mythbox splash screen, this disappears, I see a "greyed out" Programs background, and XBMC hangs.

In case it matters I was trying this on my "trial" XBMC machine, which is Windows XP. My "production" XBMC is Ubuntu 10.04 ... and I might try it there too but I wouldn't imagine it would make any difference.

- nojstevens - 2010-10-18

Hi Liamf, i can confirm I have rc2 working ok with Dharma beta 3 on Ubuntu 10.04

Jon

- analogue - 2010-10-19

Great..works on ubuntu, freezes on windows..that should be fun to figure out..

- sebj - 2010-10-24

Quote:Hi Liamf, i can confirm I have rc2 working ok with Dharma beta 3 on Ubuntu 10.04

How did you get it to launch?

I copied RC2 as an addon, but when launching it I get an error.

Maybe I'm missing something with
Quote:and helped it over the first exception by manually creating a script_data directory for it.
Blush

care to explain please?

thx

- dyinman - 2010-10-24

@sebj

I can confirm it's running for me too on Dharma beta 3 on Ubuntu 10.04, but not without it's share of bugs. Watching recordings worked well enough, but watching live TV was iffy at times (takes a very long time to change channels, often freezes, seeking can freeze it, etc).

The only thing I had to do was create ~/.xbmc/userdata/script_data and then install it as an addon. Instead of making the directory, I just symlinked ~/.xbmc/userdata/addon_data to ~/.xbmc/userdata/script_data and that worked just as well.

- sebj - 2010-10-24

Ok! That did the trick!

Thanks! But it doesn't seem to launch if I add it as a favorite, weird... I enabled debug logging but can't seem to find that log file yet.

I'm scrambling to make this work since seems like the myth stuff built into the beta3 live cd doesn't work yet

Some of you might relate to this : My main xbmc box's motherboard failed and I'm putting up a ghetto solution on another computer until the ion box arrives. Why the rush? The wife, toughest client ever.Shocked