Kodi Community Forum
[WINDOWS] External Player Support Thread - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Windows (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+---- Thread: [WINDOWS] External Player Support Thread (/showthread.php?tid=43511)

Audio Problem : XBMCSetup-Rev17788-jester-ext.exe - steak32 - 2009-02-28

First thanks for your time! this is just what the initial XBMC for Windows version needed.

I am using you external version on a Windows XP, to be able to play movies w/ mpplayer classic, I have the advancedsettings.xml file as you indicated in my userdata folder, Movies play fine on fullscreen,
however I am not getting any sound at all, the Audio options on Mplayer while playing a movie on xbmc is grayed out.
I am currenly using SPDIF out, with AC3Filter and it works perfect when I use the Mplayer by it self.

Please let me know if there is a work around, it looks like the sound is still being managed by XBMC even while I am playing the movie with an external player.

Your help is much appreciated, thx!

steak32

- digitalhigh - 2009-02-28

steak32 Wrote:First thanks for your time! this is just what the initial XBMC for Windows version needed.

I am using you external version on a Windows XP, to be able to play movies w/ mpplayer classic, I have the advancedsettings.xml file as you indicated in my userdata folder, Movies play fine on fullscreen,
however I am not getting any sound at all, the Audio options on Mplayer while playing a movie on xbmc is grayed out.
I am currenly using SPDIF out, with AC3Filter and it works perfect when I use the Mplayer by it self.

Please let me know if there is a work around, it looks like the sound is still being managed by XBMC even while I am playing the movie with an external player.

Your help is much appreciated, thx!

steak32

Try settings\audio\player\configure audio hardware to enable/disable digital settings.

- steak32 - 2009-02-28

digitalhigh Wrote:Try settings\audio\player\configure audio hardware to enable/disable digital settings.

Yep, I did before and I've tried every combination and still no sound :confused2:

- HansVDG - 2009-03-03

Hi

External player (mplayerc) now working like a charm.
Now I'm trying to use EVENTGHOST for my remote.
How to setup the eventghost to use mplayerc when this is in use.

XBMC still in background.

Regards Hans Vander Gucht

- ashlar - 2009-03-04

Bearing in mind that I am currently not using the external player option, as DVDplayer has progressed enough for me to overlook minor deficiencies... bearing in mind that, why is it that this has not been ported back to SVN?

There's still a broken version in the main branch, there is a fixed version available. Why not bring it back? Is it very time consuming? Honest question here. Smile

- zaldwaik - 2009-03-04

This works fine with Windows Media Player allowing me to use Haali splitter and CoreAVC on my computer for MKV HD content. It also plays dvr-ms while 8.10 does not. I am just curious as to why this release size (~30 MB) is much smaller than the official release?

- spiff - 2009-03-04

less extras

- moby-uk - 2009-03-04

zaldwaik Wrote:I am just curious as to why this release size (~30 MB) is much smaller than the official release?

spiff Wrote:less extras

The 8.10 release contains 3 skins (Project Mayhem III, PM3.HD & MediaStream) this only contains 1 (PM3.HD)

Accented Characters in movie name - dds_fr_06 - 2009-03-04

When a movie name contains accented french charaters like é, è, à etc... , these characters are converted before passing to external media player.
This problem is too visible when surfing in the directories of the computer to add a source when a directory name contains accent (Vidéos for instance).
Changing the character set don't seem solve the problem.
(Excuse me for my poor English).

- zoso1977 - 2009-03-05

I have XBMC set up in a way that it starts my externalplayer once I start a video file, eithver VLC or zoomplayer. However once I´ve played one video file, I cannot use alt+tab to move between windows, unless the externalplayer is still running. Once I close the externalplayer the XBMC windows always is in foreground.
Is that a known issue?

- moby-uk - 2009-03-06

zoso1977 Wrote:I have XBMC set up in a way that it starts my externalplayer once I start a video file, eithver VLC or zoomplayer. However once I´ve played one video file, I cannot use alt+tab to move between windows, unless the externalplayer is still running. Once I close the externalplayer the XBMC windows always is in foreground.
Is that a known issue?

You probably have <forceontop>true</forceontop> in your advancedsettings.xml, set this to false.

Double-byte character Problem... - stardusthero - 2009-03-06

Hi, everyone.
First, I'm really appreciative of all the Developers. I'm so happy everyday with using XBMC.

My PC has Core2Quad Q9400 CPU, ASUS P5Q Pro Mainboard, DDR2 4GB RAM, ATI HD3870 VGA, WinXP SP3, and "XBMC-Rev18216-jester" build.

If I make movie folder's path name using double-byte character and play using external player (I'm using KMP), the parts of double-byte character are broken..So, KMP display error message for "Can't open or find the file".

But, I can do that normally in two cases as below,
(1) Only when I make all the paths and file name in English.
(2) Only using "XMBC-Rev17788-jester-ext" build. (After this revision, same problem)
This two ways are enable to play movie using external player perfectly. So, I cannot still help using "Rev17788-jester-ext".

Am I wrong something?

Thanks for your kind attention reading this.Big Grin

- moby-uk - 2009-03-07

stardusthero Wrote:(2) Only using "XBMC-Rev17788-jester-ext" build. (After this revision, same problem)
This two ways are enable to play movie using external player perfectly. So, I cannot still help using "Rev17788-jester-ext".

That's the latest of Jester's builds that includes my changes to Konfoo's original work on this (only the -jester-ext builds contain it).

Thanks, moby-uk - stardusthero - 2009-03-08

moby-uk Wrote:That's the latest of Jester's builds that includes my changes to Konfoo's original work on this (only the -jester-ext builds contain it).

I got it. ThanksWink

- zoso1977 - 2009-03-08

Thanks that did the trick Smile