Kodi Community Forum
[WINDOWS] External Player Support Thread - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Windows (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+---- Thread: [WINDOWS] External Player Support Thread (/showthread.php?tid=43511)

- zag - 2009-07-02

Just tried the latest test and it works but xbmc doesn't return maximised when the external player finishes.

It sets the watched tag though Smile

Using the Aeon theme.

- cault - 2009-07-03

moby-uk Wrote:@cault

Can you try with a completely clean install, i.e. un-install, rename %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Roaming\XBMC and re-install then try it with the default (PM3.HD) skin??

I tried before going to work this morning, looks to run smoothly.
I guess there were some strange files in my userdata.

Thank you.

- neurosis13 - 2009-07-06

i discovered today that play using..... is disabled in the menue, it's not there anymore, can anybody confirm?
It worked for month like a charm.

- ashlar - 2009-07-06

neurosis13 Wrote:i discovered today that play using..... is disabled in the menue, it's not there anymore, can anybody confirm?
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=42708

- moby-uk - 2009-07-06

neurosis13 Wrote:i discovered today that play using..... is disabled in the menue, it's not there anymore, can anybody confirm?

The method of configuring externalplayers has changed; it actually changed a little while ago but I was holding off making a general announcement until the wiki was updated with details of how the new support for multiple players works (ashlar is helping out with this).

However, it seems that as of SVN 21387 the backward compatibility I put in to support the old configuration method has been removed (not sure why).

So, until the full instructions are finished, briefly, create a file (in the same folder as advancedsettings.xml) called playercorefactory.xml with the following contents
Code:
<playercorefactory>
  <players>
   <player name="ExternalPlayer" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="true" video="true">
    <filename>C:\Program Files\MPC-HC\mplayerc.exe</filename>
    <args>/fullscreen /close</args>
    <hidexbmc>false</hidexbmc>
    <hideconsole>false</hideconsole>
    <hidecursor>false</hidecursor>
   </player>
  </players>
</playercorefactory>

obviously with your current config between <player...> and </player>

More to follow in the wiki.

- ashlar - 2009-07-06

moby, I'd be inclined to document only the new playercorefactory.xml, considering that advancedsettings.xml has been removed as a mean to configure the external player.
I am pretty much ready to go, I'll write in the next couple of days.

- moby-uk - 2009-07-06

Absolutely, the only reason to include details of the advancedsettings.xml config would be for Babylon, so as long as it's clear that playercorefactory.xml doesn't apply to Babylon, only to recent SVN builds, that's fine.

- jondr13 - 2009-07-06

moby-uk Wrote:The method of configuring externalplayers has changed; it actually changed a little while ago but I was holding off making a general announcement until the wiki was updated with details of how the new support for multiple players works (ashlar is helping out with this).

However, it seems that as of SVN 21387 the backward compatibility I put in to support the old configuration method has been removed (not sure why).

So, until the full instructions are finished, briefly, create a file (in the same folder as advancedsettings.xml) called playercorefactory.xml with the following contents
Code:
<playercorefactory>
  <players>
   <player name="ExternalPlayer" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="true" video="true">
    <filename>C:\Program Files\MPC-HC\mplayerc.exe</filename>
    <args>/fullscreen /close</args>
    <hidexbmc>false</hidexbmc>
    <hideconsole>false</hideconsole>
    <hidecursor>false</hidecursor>
   </player>
  </players>
</playercorefactory>

obviously with your current config between <player...> and </player>

More to follow in the wiki.

moby-uk

Just updated to build 21439 and I to no longer have external player capability. What is the reason for it being removed??

I have to use a script that tiben20 wrote me to get TMT3 running properly for use as my external player. The path is J:\DvdPlayerPicker\DvdPlayerPicker.exe
In your playercorefactory.xml, shouldnt everything be the same and the path be between <filename>?

Thanks for any info you can provide

- moby-uk - 2009-07-06

jondr13 Wrote:moby-uk

Just updated to build 21439 and I to no longer have external player capability. What is the reason for it being removed??
moby-uk Wrote:However, it seems that as of SVN 21387 the backward compatibility I put in to support the old configuration method has been removed (not sure why)
jondr13 Wrote:I have to use a script that tiben20 wrote me to get TMT3 running properly for use as my external player. The path is J:\DvdPlayerPicker\DvdPlayerPicker.exe
In your playercorefactory.xml, shouldnt everything be the same and the path be between <filename>?

Thanks for any info you can provide

playercoreconfig.xml should be as you've quoted above with your current values from advancedsettings.xml

- jondr13 - 2009-07-06

moby-uk Wrote:playercoreconfig.xml should be as you've quoted above with your current values from advancedsettings.xml

Thanks, got it working now.

- Gamester17 - 2009-07-06

@moby-uk, please register an account on the wiki then PM me and I give you write access so that you can help update the documentation Wink
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Special:Userlogin&returnto=Special:Userlogout

...this goes for everyone else as well, register an account on the wiki and then PM for write access if you want to help maintain the documentation.
http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=XBMC_Online_Manual

Nod

- dyt72 - 2009-07-06

My player always open behind xbmc, i have to use ctrl+alt-sup (sometimes two times).
Alt+tab didnt work for me with xbmc and i dont know why
Theres a way to open my player (mplayer HD) on top?
I tried all options and nothing.

Thanks

- zag - 2009-07-06

Got it working again by creating playercorefactory.xml

Latest svn also fixes the returning to xbmc fullscreen issue I was having.

Thanks.

- parker - 2009-07-07

I was having some difficulty after moving my external player config into the new playercorefactory.xml until I realized that I still needed to specify the default player in advancedsettings.xml:

Code:
<advancedsettings>                                                                                            
    <video>
        <defaultplayer>externalplayer</defaultplayer>
    </video>
</advancedsettings>

Without that, XBMC was only using its built-in player and ignoring the external player that I'd configured in playercorefactory.xml.

- zag - 2009-07-07

Watched tag is still not working for me with the latest build Sad