Kodi Community Forum
[WINDOWS] External Player Support Thread - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Windows (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+---- Thread: [WINDOWS] External Player Support Thread (/showthread.php?tid=43511)

- RDHoworth - 2009-09-19

moby-uk Wrote:@RDHoworth: others have had problems with total media. if you hold on for the directx builds to get stable then the situation should be better.

Thanks, but I am also having the same problem with MPC-HC(64). I am happy to wait since for most of my films, XBMC is excellent.

- Barinov - 2009-09-21

Hi there
I'm having an issue with mpc-hc x64 and xbmc. The playback is in some sort of fast forward..When I play hd content direcly from mpc-hc video playback is perfectly normal. Looks like the combo with xbmc

I jumped from the x86 to x64 because I was having some flicker. As soon as I changed flicker dissapeared but playback is as I said earlier Shocked

Setup as described in wiki. advancedsettings in userdata folder, and playercorefactory in system folder.

Code:
- <playercorefactory>
- <players>
- <player name="MPC-HC" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
  <filename>C:\Program Files\MPC HomeCinema (x64)\mpc-hc64.exe</filename>
  <args>/fullscreen /close "{1}"</args>
  <hidexbmc>false</hidexbmc>
  <hideconsole>false</hideconsole>
  <warpcursor>none</warpcursor>
  </player>
  </players>
  </playercorefactory>
Code:
- <advancedsettings>
- <video>
  <defaultplayer>externalplayer</defaultplayer>
  </video>
- <externalplayer>
  <filename>C:\Program Files\MPC HomeCinema (x64)\mpc-hc64.exe</filename>
  <args>-fs</args>
  <forceontop>true</forceontop>
  <hidexbmc>true</hidexbmc>
  <hidecursor>false</hidecursor>
  </externalplayer>
- <audio>
  <defaultplayer>externalplayer</defaultplayer>
  </audio>
  </advancedsettings>

thanks in advance for any feedback

- storkshot - 2009-09-22

I'm new to this forum Smile But I've been using XBMC for almost a year now.

Is there any 'rules' for advancesettings.xml under external player? The version I'm using does not recognize playercorefactory.xml so I'm using the externalplayer in advancesettings... what I'd want though is for MPC-HC to launch for all HD contents and use VLC only on specific titles (low volume videos, ogm files, etc). Is this possible? :| Thanks!

- hypertone - 2009-09-22

Has anyone used this successfully with Foobar or Winamp? I had it halfway working with Foobar, but once the tracks started playing in Foobar, I had no control of them from XBMC.

- PantsOnFire - 2009-09-24

Having some problems with this:

I'm using MPC-HC to launch the videos.

The problem happens when I put a DVD in the drive... MPC launches, but does not play the video on the DVD! Instead it decides to play "A Clockwork Orange" (the first movie in the library list). Checking the log is no help as far as I can see. All that's happening in the log is MPC-HC is starting, and opening A Clockwork Orange. And that's it Confused

Alternatively, if I decided to hit PLAY DISC from the menu, XBMC decides to load a slideshow of images from my gameart pictures folder!!

I'm not sure what's going wrong here but I should mention it has never worked from the start. This autoplay problem has always been there for me.

Anyone else had this problem, and/or know what to do about it?
regards.

- moby-uk - 2009-09-24

@PantsOnFire: and you assert that this doesn't happen when you don't have any external players defined? a debug log would still be nice.

- PantsOnFire - 2009-09-25

Yes, it's also happening without LaunchPlayer enabled:

http://pastebin.com/mc6dca0b

I couldn't work out where the problem lies.. but I probably don't understand the output enough. There's a section where xbmc is playing A Clockwork Orange but I can't see any errors or relevant notices before that. But then, as I say, I may not understand it all.

- ashlar - 2009-09-25

hypertone Wrote:Has anyone used this successfully with Foobar or Winamp? I had it halfway working with Foobar, but once the tracks started playing in Foobar, I had no control of them from XBMC.
If XBMC has focus, it would be really tough to give commands to Foobar (not saying impossible, because you could definitely have a button to activate a specific "mixed mode" between XBMC and Foobar). If Foobar has focus it's just a matter of enabling an exclusive Foobar mode in EventGhost.

From what you write it's not easy to understand what your final objective is.

- ethanmcdonald - 2009-09-25

skaymakca Wrote:Hello all, I'm new here but a long time xbmc user. I wanted to enable BD/DVD external player playback with powerdvd9 and thought I'd share my work. I based it upon some of the other batch files I saw on the forum. With this script powerdvd can playback iso's of backed up BD or DVDs, using alcohol 120 to mount them, or playback regular files it recognizes. Unfortunately powerdvd9 is too boneheaded to play back direct rips (video_ts folders or bd folders). The movies work from the file view or library view (if they are isos or supported regular files) and the script can handle files on samba shares and strip out credentials so iso mounting works. To use select the media you want to externally play, bring up the context menu, select play using and chose powerdvd.

I am using vista 64 bit, but it should work on 32 bit as well. I'm using the latest svn.

playercorefactory.xml file, you'll have to add your user name and change the batch file location if you're on XP or don't want the script in the location I have it in. The space between .bat and </filename> is needed:

Code:
<playercorefactory>
    <players>
        <player name="PowerDVD" type="ExternalPlayer" video="true">
          <filename>C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\launchpowerdvd.bat </filename>
        <hideconsole>true</hideconsole>
           <hidexbmc>true</hidexbmc>
        </player>
    </players>
</playercorefactory>

launchpowerdvd.bat - There are two changeable settings in this. You can change powerdvd9 to powerdvd8 below as well,manually. Powerdvd8 can also play back video_ts.ifo files but sometimes fails:
Code:
:: Launches powerdvd9 to play selected file.
:: Mount iso,img images in Alcohol if file is an image file.  Unmounts image after Powerdvd close.  Powerdvd does not launch if mount fails.
:: Parses input from XBMC to remove leading garbage.
:: If a samba share is supplied from XBMC the credentials are removed.  Make sure windows has your credentials.

:: --- Settings
:: Kill XBMC process or not, 1 and 2 kill, 0 does not.  Killed xbmc will be restarted fullscreen with 2, windowed with 1
set killxbmc=0
:: Virtual Drive
set virtdrive=F

echo off
cls

set progprefix=%programfiles%\

set sourcefile=%*

:garbage_loop
set test=%sourcefile:~0,1%
if ^%test%==^" (
    set sourcefile=%sourcefile:~1%
    ) else (
    if ^%test%==^  set sourcefile=%sourcefile:~1%
    )
if ^%test%==^" (goto garbage_loop)
if ^%test%==^  (goto garbage_loop)

for /f "tokens=1,2 delims=@" %%a in ("%sourcefile%") do set test=%%b
if not "x%test%"=="x"  set sourcefile=\\%test%

set test=%sourcefile:~-4%
if %test%==.iso (
    set imageflag=mount
    ) else (
    set imageflag=no
    )
if %test%==.img set imageflag=mount

echo.Input File: %sourcefile%
if %imageflag%==mount (echo Image File deteced, will be mounted)

if %killxbmc%==1 (
    taskkill /F /IM XBMC.EXE
    )
if %killxbmc%==2 (
    taskkill /F /IM XBMC.EXE
    )

if %imageflag%==mount (
    "%progprefix%\Alcohol Soft\Alcohol 120\AxCmd.exe" %virtdrive%: /M:"%sourcefile%"
    if not ERRORLEVEL==1 (
        start "" /wait "%progprefix%\CyberLink\PowerDVD9\PowerDVD9.exe" /fullscreen %virtdrive%:\
        )
    ) else (
        start "" /wait "%progprefix%\CyberLink\PowerDVD9\PowerDVD9.exe" /fullscreen "%sourcefile%"
    )

if %imageflag%==mount (
    "%progprefix%\Alcohol Soft\Alcohol 120\AxCmd.exe" %virtdrive%: /U
)

if %killxbmc%==1 start "" "%progprefix%\XBMC\XBMC.exe"
if %killxbmc%==2 start "" "%progprefix%\XBMC\XBMC.exe" -fs

exit

Does this work if your source is a mapped network drive or does it have to be a Samba mapping?

I'm having a heck of a time getting this to work with the lastest XBMC build.

I clicked on a Blu-ray ".iso" in XBMC and nothing, it doesn't even flinch.

The Blu-ray ISO is one that I've already manually tested with Alchol 120 and PowerDVD.

Ideas?

Help please! - ethanmcdonald - 2009-09-26

Ok, I've managed to get a response with the "advancedsettings.xml", but I'm getting nothing with the player "playercorefactory.xml" which what I want to work.

I have the "playercorefactory.xml" in the "C:\Users\Ethan\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\" directory.

I've blown away XBMC twice and made sure the "..\Roaming\XBMC" and "..\Program Files\XBMC" were deleted before reinstalling from scratch.

Any ideas why the "playercorefactory.xml" doesn't seem to be loading??

Does the "playercorefactory.xml" need any special entries in the "advancedsettings.xml" in order to work?

- ethanmcdonald - 2009-09-28

Got help on this the I was using the wrong build....

- moby-uk - 2009-09-29

PantsOnFire Wrote:Yes, it's also happening without LaunchPlayer enabled.

Then you're in the wrong thread.

- ezhik - 2009-09-30

I've looked through the Wiki and this thread and still not sure if it is possible to launch the external player only when putting a Blu-ray DVD into the optical drive. I like the internal player for everything else, what would be the code to do this if it can be done?

Thank you.

- BoLzI - 2009-09-30

Hello,

i'm using the last SVN build 23267 on my windows xp pro system.

Because i run it on my ION-System i will use MPC-HC with CoreAVC for my mkv-files.

because of this i made a playercorefactory.xml in my userdata-directory.

but now mpc-hc allways starts when i will watch a avi or mkv movie.

Perhaps my config-file is wrong, here is it.

Code:
<playercorefactory>
  <players>
    <player name="MPC-HC" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
      <filename>C:\Programme\MPCHC\mplayerc.exe</filename>
      <args>/fullscreen /close</args>
    </player>
  </players>
<rules>
  <rule video="true" player="MPC-HC">
    <rule dvd="true" player="MPC-HC">
    <rule filetype="mkv" player="MPC-HC">
    <rule filetype="avi" player="wmplayer">
    <rule filetype="mpg" player="wmplayer">
    <rule filetype="mpeg" player="wmplayer">
  </rule>
</rules>
</playercorefactory>

Thanks, kind regards, bolzi

- moby-uk - 2009-10-02

BoLzI Wrote:Hello,

i'm using the last SVN build 23267 on my windows xp pro system.

Because i run it on my ION-System i will use MPC-HC with CoreAVC for my mkv-files.

because of this i made a playercorefactory.xml in my userdata-directory.

but now mpc-hc allways starts when i will watch a avi or mkv movie.

Perhaps my config-file is wrong, here is it.

Code:
<playercorefactory>
  <players>
    </player>
  </players>
<rules>
  <rule video="true" player="MPC-HC">
    <rule dvd="true" player="MPC-HC">
    <rule filetype="mkv" player="MPC-HC">
    <rule filetype="avi" player="wmplayer">
    <rule filetype="mpg" player="wmplayer">
    <rule filetype="mpeg" player="wmplayer">
  </rule>
</rules>
</playercorefactory>

Thanks, kind regards, bolzi

I doubt that MPC-HC is ever started with that playercorefactory as it's not well-formed (your "wmplayer" rules are not closed, they also reference a player that isn't defined). And it's filetypes not filetype
That said, if it was well-formed, your outermost rules makes your MPC-HC player the default for all video.
If you just want to use mpc-hc for mkvs then you only need:

Code:
<playercorefactory>
  <players>
    </player>
  </players>
  <rules>
    <rule video="true" filetypes="mkv" player="MPC-HC" />
  </rules>