Kodi Community Forum
[WINDOWS] External Player Support Thread - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Windows (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+---- Thread: [WINDOWS] External Player Support Thread (/showthread.php?tid=43511)

- moby-uk - 2009-12-01

PantsOnFire Wrote:@HelloHello/anyone: thanks for your xml tip. I tried using it but still my iplayer streams just play internally in xbmc. I've put a copy of my xbmc.log on pastebin. I can't tell whats going wrong. I can see the area related to the rtmp stream. But the file itself does not *appear* to have an rtmp file extension; it's some sort of alphanumeric name instead. So I doubt mpc-hc is picking it up.

Does anyone have this working? Can anyone clarify the file extension of an iplayer stream? And while we're at it, apple movie trailers launch mpc-hc but then mpc-hc gives the error "failed to render file" - is mpc-hc capable of opening internet streams?

xbmc.log:
http://pastebin.com/f190766a0

thanks for reading Smile

As you correctly say, you won't match against your RTMP rule because it's not the extension of the file it's the protocol, so

Code:
<rules action="prepend">
  <rule protocols="rtmp" player="MPC-HC" />
</rules>

you MAY be able to get more specific and just pick up your iPlayer streams with

Code:
<rules action="prepend">
  <rule protocols="rtmp" filename=".*ondemand.*" player="MPC-HC" />
</rules>

but I haven't tried that.

- klauslunde - 2009-12-02

hey guys and sorry for the dumb questions.. i have FINALLY after hours of searcing etc managed to get MPC-HC to work with my ion 330 playing mkv files.. yay Smile

i am just wondering if it is possible to play directly from the rar files - or do they have to be unpacked before playback?

cheersSmile

- klauslunde - 2009-12-02

klauslunde Wrote:hey guys and sorry for the dumb questions.. i have FINALLY after hours of searcing etc managed to get MPC-HC to work with my ion 330 playing mkv files.. yay Smile

i am just wondering if it is possible to play directly from the rar files - or do they have to be unpacked before playback?

cheersSmile

anyone know a workaround on this one please?

- sergiocos - 2009-12-02

As far as I know, MPC-HC doesn't play archived files. You should find another player for that task, or you should previously unpack the files.
[off-topc]Anyway, i wonder what the next request will be. A 'time-travel based' player to see the next year blockbusters?[/off-topc]

codec detection - hellohello - 2009-12-02

sorry for cross posting this but according to the wiki the "videocodec" attribute can be set to match against a given video codec, ie. xvid, divx, div3, div4 or div5.

is the videcodec limited to the above? what about h264?

- blenky - 2009-12-03

Looking at getting an ASrock 330 and installing W7/XBMC/MPC-HC.

Currently I have the Popcorn Hour media player which is very good at setting the correct refresh on my TV based on the video source. So sets the TV to 24 for blu ray, 50 for PAL etc.

How is this achieved using MPC-HC with XBMC?

Thanks

- PantsOnFire - 2009-12-03

I love using xbmc its menus are great, and i love using mpc to play the vids. But when i launch mpc from xbmc, having xbmc behind it always causes mpc to occassionally tear and/or judder.

Does anyone else find this? Is it possible to minimise xbmc while mpc takes front and centre? -Id be interested to know if this fixes the problem.

thanks all.

- tiben20 - 2009-12-03

klauslunde Wrote:hey guys and sorry for the dumb questions.. i have FINALLY after hours of searcing etc managed to get MPC-HC to work with my ion 330 playing mkv files.. yay Smile

cheersSmile

Dsplayer can use rar:// protocol to play mkv with dxva

Or you can also get http://www.v12pwr.com/RARFileSource/
Im not aware if the source filter work with mpc-hc code.
So far xbmc source filter ArtVandelae coded for my player is better than the rarfilesource

- moby-uk - 2009-12-03

hellohello Wrote:sorry for cross posting this but according to the wiki the "videocodec" attribute can be set to match against a given video codec, ie. xvid, divx, div3, div4 or div5.

is the videcodec limited to the above? what about h264?

Surely you could just try it a lot quicker than posting a question and waiting for a reply.

i did try it - hellohello - 2009-12-03

and it didn't work for me at least. so instead of tearing my hair out i figured i'd ask to see if "H264" was even a defined attribute.

Which external player? - ltrambo85 - 2009-12-04

Which external player for XBMC is best for HD playback for the Nvidio Ion/Atom platform.

Im running Windows 7 x64
XBMC Build 9.11

- ltrambo85 - 2009-12-04

Guess I'll switch to mediaportal until XBMC Team gets up some GPU acceleration support for there windows version. Can't wait to return back to XBMC

- wierd0n3 - 2009-12-04

im using Windows Media player Home Cinema works great.

Dsplayer is under development, but looks promising. havnt been able to make it work under win7 personally, but it should be soon.

- ltrambo85 - 2009-12-04

could you help me out then? I would really really appreciate it if you could type me out how to do this step by step. Rather than just post a link.

Thanks in advance.

- ltrambo85 - 2009-12-04

I tried what the wiki said about the plarercorefactory file and it seems to do nothing.. This is what I did and put it in the appropriate folder which is userdata right?

This is what I put.
<playercorefactory>
<players>
<player name="MPC-HC" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="true" video="true">
<filename>C:\Program Files\MPC HomeCinema\mpc-hc64.exe</filename>
<args>/fullscreen /close "{1}"</args>
<hidexbmc>false</hidexbmc>
<hideconsole>false</hideconsole>
<warpcursor>none</warpcursor>
</player>
</players>
<rules action="prepend">
<rule filetypes="mkv" filename=".*720p.*" player="MPC-HC"/>
</rules>
</playercorefactory>

But how do I tell if it is actually using a external player?