Kodi Community Forum
AAC Q10 audio codec support in AVI's? - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=222)
+--- Forum: Feature Requests (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: AAC Q10 audio codec support in AVI's? (/showthread.php?tid=4364)

Pages: 1 2 3

- nagmine - 2004-06-08

hey i have these shows that are in aac format. they sound really good on the pc but i get no sound on xbmc Sad. well i was looking at supported codecs and i saw this

aac, m4a, mp4 (mpeg-4 audio) unprotected containers

no idea what unprotected containers means lol but im wondering how come im not getting any sound at all if the codec is supported? any help.

i also downloaded the codec pack so its upto date and i have the latest xbmc as of today.

- Gamester17 - 2004-06-08

what "shows" do you have, need much more info on the meida files (can you upload a sample, see faq). unprotected means it can't have drm

- nimbles - 2004-06-08

there's two types of aac if i recall, the standard aac (i can't remember its exact name) and he-aac (high efficiency- which is recommended for low bitrates)

i think mplayer supports standard aac but not he aac... yet

- Gamester17 - 2004-06-08

(nimbles @ june 08 2004,16:38 Wrote:i think mplayer supports standard aac but not he aac... yet
mplayer-rc4 supports he-aac, thus so does xbmc cvs since we integrated it a few weeks back. (ps! very latest mplayer cvs use libfaad2 2.0)

- nimbles - 2004-06-08

Blush whoops sorry gamester17, i checked a while back and assumed there had been no changes.

i bow down to your superior knowledge on all things xbmc :bowdown:

hmmmm.... then i can't really think of why his aac encoded audio don't work then

more info would be helpful though Rolleyes

- pike - 2004-06-08

are we talking muxed aac in eg an .avi or an audio .aac file here?

- nagmine - 2004-06-08

alright i see there may be something different.
audio: aac q10
video: 640x480 wm9vcm vbr

im guessing the q10 is the problem ... Sad
i asked and someone says it means quality 10 and thats its pretty high bitrate

i tryed to get a sample using virtual dub mod ... but it just cuts the sound out when i try to do a small segment. (also i tryed the faq .... it apears to be down)

- ripcurl - 2004-06-10

bump!

i too have this problem with the latest cvs.

file stats....

title: fullmetal alchemist
group: kickassanime
audio: aac q10
video: 640 x 480 wm9vcm vbr
soundtrack: japanese
subtitles: english hardsubs (based on akeep & anbu's translation)
source: dvd r2
average size: 233 mb

when playing the file only the video is displayed, when pressing the info button, only the video codec is displayed, it's blank where the audio codec is displayed

- Gamester17 - 2004-06-10

what does "aac q10" mean? is it a variation of the aac codec or? (xbmc only support aac profiles: he, main, lc, ltp & ld, + er).

can you guys try play the same file on a pc using mplayer for windows or mplayer for linux (version rc4, then try latest cvs), result?

- nagmine - 2004-06-10

the other day i was gona try and test it on mplayer for windows but ... dos comes up for like a second then disapears before i can read anything lol. is there any tuts on how to run it on windows xp?

- nimbles - 2004-06-10

launch mplayer from a cmd screen:

e.g. start-> run. type "cmd"

then when in the dos window, navigate using cd\ to whereever you stored mplayer, good idea would be to have something like "c:\mplayer" so then you don't have to mess around with long a file path. then when in the path run the exe file

alternatively you could use the gui for win32- its a bit buggy but works ok most of the time :hmm:

- nagmine - 2004-06-11

lol where is this gui i cant seem to find it and ive just started to relize how much dos ive forgotten lol

- nagmine - 2004-06-11

i was asking the people who do the encodes about there version of aac and they said the fallowing about mplayer support.

Quote:... that aac is the same aac that whoever using aac audio uses.

that q10 thing is refered to the quality of the audio, nothing to do with the codec name.

i think that mplayer and similar already have built-in aac support.

--- if it fails for mplayer it's cuz there is a bug. search the forums and you will find how to solve it (you have to dl something from the cvs or something like that)

- nimbles - 2004-06-11

read this readme

then go upone level (remove the "readme") and you should see it think it comes bundled with an mplayer not sure if its the latest

think its in the "old" folder

- ripcurl - 2004-06-11

so this can be solved with some dll's?