Kodi Community Forum
Serenity - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Serenity (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=104)
+----- Thread: Serenity (/showthread.php?tid=44469)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40

- digitalhigh - 2009-02-17

Yeah, that looks a lot better in the menus. I've already replaced it for everything in movies, will do the same for music and home in a second. Big Grin

- digitalhigh - 2009-02-17

Here's a ss of the big info view. I have to double-check, but I don't think that the thumb/fanart stuff can be set from outside the movie info dialogue. Sad

I've also got the new font in all the other menus.

Has anybody who's got a test copy tried to see if the movie library section is still messed up?

- keeganl - 2009-02-17

All is working fine for me now!

- timdog82001 - 2009-02-18

Looks nice. My only personal complaint would be that for long texts, such as the movie description, I'd rather see regular casing than all caps. All caps gets tiring on the eyes eventually.

EDIT: Just something I noticed, you don't seem to have the option to toggle between cast and plot description in your screenshot there. Perhaps you're not planning on including this, but thought I should point that out just in case you forgot about it.

- rwparris2 - 2009-02-18

digitalhigh Wrote:but I don't think that the thumb/fanart stuff can be set from outside the movie info dialogue. Sad

It is 1000x times better to keep settings like that out of your normal views. IMO they don't even belong in the info dialog, but that is for an entirely different discussion.

Will test when I get home tonight if I don't immediately fall asleep Wink

- kizer - 2009-02-18

What he said. I personally like to leave things like that in the settings area so its not easily clicked on. Of course it means you have to look, but I'd rather look and keep it clean.

- digitalhigh - 2009-02-18

Here's the view when you're in file browsing mode...the one with posters/backdrop/cast will be in the full movie info view. Then there's still also the minimal one where it's just the info or info and poster in the lower corners.

- sinarquia - 2009-02-18

Great job , looks like a good balance between function and beauty. Can't wait to try it here.

- paul - 2009-02-18

Yeh it's still looking clean simple and dam easy to read the on scree text,
Though not to keen on the font used (sorry) but the rest is great i look forward to trying this on xbox

- mfwilli - 2009-02-18

Looks good! But I'll throw my name in the "not crazy about the font"' hat.

So, I think we're going to call the skin "Serenity". It sounds nice, it fits, and I really liked the series Firefly and the movie, so that helps too. Here's a video showing the custom plugins, custom fanart, and video views in action. I should wait until there's more completed, but I felt compelled to show off something other than me scrolling between icons in the home menu. Wink

Serenity for XBMC

Features:

Minimalistic Approach - Instead of trying to have super-detailed textures, fancy glass overlays, and boner-inducing icons designed to make you drool, we opted to instead try and pack as much functionality into as little space as possible, allowing you to admire all of your hard-collected fanart. This "less-is-more" theory also means that the number of button presses required to do something are kept to a bare minimum.

Custom fanart - Configurable from the home menu(first time) and also from the "customize" menu.

Custom Plugins - Allows you to set up to 4 custom links each for the TV/Video/Music/Programs sections, accessible directly from the home menu.

Pick an Info View - Do you want posters and movie information? Maybe just the information in the corner? Or maybe you want it to take up the whole screen. Maybe you want something that shows you the minimal information. Maybe you want it to pop up automatically? You decide.

Mini Playlist - Accessible from anywhere in the skin, allows you to view/select 100 items from the playlist at any time. Can be configured to be always on or visible only when selected.

Music Fanart support - Displays fanart images based on the currently selected artist in music files/library/playlist areas.

Rotating video/audio OSD - Uses a variation of MacGuyver's carousel design to present the video/audio OSD in a pretty slick manner.

Conditional Weather Fanart support - If it's sunny, the pictures will show sunny. If it's rainy, the pictures will show that it's rainy. If it's dark, there won't be any pictures. Okay, the last part was a joke. It'll just show you pictures at night. Wink

Radar...right on the home screen - This isn't implemented yet, but with the final version, you will have the option to have your current radar map display directly on the home screen when you select the weather button.

MPAA Logos - You know, the little box that shows up before a preview. Those things.

Studio Logos - Shows you pretty pictures that tell you what studio made your movie. There are currently 24 supported studios, with about an additional 15 to be added. I'm also willing to take requests.

HD flag support - Shows you whether the video is HD, SD, blu-ray, etc. This will be added as soon as development is finished.

Helps you make friends - Imagine all the people that will want to come over and watch you look at movie/tv show/album descriptions after you get this. They will be so amazed, they'll probably give you money. At least...that's how I see it in my mind.

And of course...there's still a lot more work to be done yet. A lot. But you get the idea.

mfwilli Wrote:Looks good! But I'll throw my name in the "not crazy about the font"' hat.

If you know something better, I know that I personally am open to suggestions. And that's not to sound rude...I'm just saying, I like it better than using Bebas in the menus simply because it's cleaner and smaller.

- keeganl - 2009-02-18

great video. I'll keep searching for fonts. It will all come together.

- joebrady - 2009-02-18

Looking good, I can't wait to try this one out.

"Music Fanart support - Displays fanart images based on the currently selected artist in music files/library/playlist areas."

In file mode? Will movie fanart work in filemode also?

joebrady Wrote:Looking good, I can't wait to try this one out.

"Music Fanart support - Displays fanart images based on the currently selected artist in music files/library/playlist areas."

In file mode? Will movie fanart work in filemode also?

Yep.